Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    when youre in a safe spot only move if you absolutely have to, usually that means only move when the beam is so close it could burn your nosehair.

I dont know how you call it in english but I found that in maze phase it helps a lot when you're looking at your character from straight up above (birds eye view?). it helped a lot in the zorlok heroic fight, it helped a lot here as well.
    I found the opposite better for myself. Staying at the outer edge of the free spots, staying as far away from the beam as it's possible so I can have time to stop and cast.

Bird's-eye view helps a lot too as you said.

I'm not sure who made this, but it was easier to show this rather than explain what to do when the maze starts spawning:
    http://gickr.com/results4/anim_e1eaa...18cf2cae75.gif

Try changing particle density to fair/good while having your graphic settings at low.

It can be quite hard to see. But after some time you should have a good idea of where the open spaces are even if they're hard to see. This is really only a problem in melee range tbh. if you get the open space virtually under the boss, you will feel like you're just about to get hit by the beam before another tiny space opens.

Keep in mind that spaces don't open up until the beam is getting pretty close to you. I think one of the mistakes people often do is that they see the beam of death is very close to them, and they panick and move away from beam and into shit on the ground.

I tried all kinds of different settings to help see the effects better and the only thing I found that really helped was turning the gamma way up. The normal setup is pretty dark and dark purple spell effect makes it very hard to see what is happening. Last night I turned my gamma way up, the game looks a bit washed out but during the eye maze phase the path becomes very clear to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had my raiders type this:

/console spellEffectLevel 100

This made the "carpet" which is the bad stuff, not the shroud above it, so incredibly dense you couldn't miss it.

This will lag bad systems though, you may wish to set it back to 10 or 15 after that fight if you're on a weaker computer.

Seriously what worked very well for my raid was stacking at max distance initially (the very end of the purple squiggly thing that marks the side that will be initialy open) and mark oneplayer that can certifiably see the maze and know how to manouver his way arround (mostly me our hunter or our priest) and follow him. Worked like a charm.

Deleted
    Setting WoW back to DirectX 9 helps a lot with the 'maze' in Durumu from my personal experience.

Anyone with a IPS screen got issue with this one?
    Im the only in our guild with one and I think im the only that never failed.

Same with attenutation during platform change on imperial vizier, some in my guild claim its impossible to see them in the "fog" but for me they are as clear as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Anyone with a IPS screen got issue with this one?
    Im the only in our guild with one and I think im the only that never failed.

Same with attenutation during platform change on imperial vizier, some in my guild claim its impossible to see them in the "fog" but for me they are as clear as ever.
    I have an IPS screen and I haven't had any issues. The only time it gets difficult is in the beginning of the phase where the path starts opening up. I feel like everything gets really hazy.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I have an IPS screen and I haven't had any issues. The only time it gets difficult is in the beginning of the phase where the path starts opening up. I feel like everything gets really hazy.
    Well my point was that IPS could help. I never had issues seeing spells/ground crap while my friends do.
    I mean, there is no secret that TN is lacking color.

Easiest way to do this is to stand in the bosses nuts, and only move as the beam is about to hit you. That is the only location that is consistently safe through the kills I've done. Also, blow healer and defensive CDs at the start to help mitigate while everyone gets situation.

The most important thing is to not panic, and stay stacked up. The closer you are to the beam without touching it, the safer you are.