Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    OP:
    First of all, I would like to respond to your statement that your mom is not a drunk, but she drinks at night. This implies she drinks at the very least móst nights. If so, your mom's a drunk.
    Second of all: World of Warcraft has a reputation like no other game. It's an easy thing to blame, really.

Now; have you considered the possibility that your mother is simply very, very lonely? That she might need you? That she needs emotional support while you hide away behind your computer screen? Oh; it's quite possible that your mother is acting as irrational as you make her out to be... In fact, I truly believe that she does. But have you stopped and considered just why she's acting this way?

Chances are: It's not only about you. It's also about her.

My advice: Take a step away from your screen, and talk to her. Ask her how she's doing. Ask her how she's coping with things. Stay up late with her some time, and just talk. Make her feel like you're there for her, that she can trust you with her problems.

People generally don't start drinking over nothing, you know.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-03-20 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man, you complain your mom won't leave you alone to wallow in self pity.... I don't even know where to go with that.

You had a job..you worked ONE day a week and you couldn't handle that so you quit to allow you more time to play wow.

You claim you have this severe problem but your insurance company cancelled part of your treatment, likely because you couldn't prove you needed it.

You were going to a university but dropped out to play wow and now your at the local community college.

SO what exactly are you doing with your time? Really, of all the 24 hours in a day, of the seven days in a week, what the hell do you do with your time? Other then play wow? You claim you have an eating problem, did it ever occur to you that you have a 'sit on your ass playing video games at the expense of the rest of your life' problem? You talk about stopping wow like the only problem is finding another game to replace it LOL wut? You admit you don't have many friends, likely because you never do anything but sit in front of your games. Notice how everything is coming back to games?

Your mom has issues, I don't know how long shes been a drunk but she needs help. However you need to realize that as she gets better shes going to get worse for you, shes going to try to make you get better to. It's only natural, she is going to get sober and take a hard look at her life, and your life and want to get you to stop wasting away in front of your PC. So be careful what you wish for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Hey guys. I just woke up. Thanks for the support. Im going to go walking today after my chemistry lab. no music. walk along the beach and take pictures.

For one, I am not trolling and its not a troll post. "get a grip" is going to help about as much as saying "yo....dont be doin that".

Im going to uninstall this game. I was really hoping that I could enjoy it....and I did. I enjoyed it quite a bit too much which sucked me back. I only did MoV LFR :/

And my dad and mom are divorced. Dont really talk to him.

And yes I am a SAP and I dont really know who I am. Good job :/
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    dont put yourself down like that

if you keep that up you'll be right back where you started, so keep moving forward

Do what you feel is right, not what other people tell you is right.

My thoughts are similar to another thread where in your case WOW, your job, your mother, etc. are just responses to a problem which your not solving. If you watch the show Intervention there's usually a segment which shows the person's history. Usually, it's a rape, divorce, or some other traumatic event that happened to them that started them down their current path. I'm not sure if this is the case with you but it does sound like something happened to you at some point in your past.

Sure in most cases your not going to able to solve any of those but at least get to the point where you've come to terms with it and that should help with your other issues. The other thing I've noticed when watching the show you have to want to want to change. You can usually tell by their attitude if they will relapse or if they change permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    My thoughts are similar to another thread where in your case WOW, your job, your mother, etc. are just responses to a problem which your not solving. If you watch the show Intervention there's usually a segment which shows the person's history. Usually, it's a rape, divorce, or some other traumatic event that happened to them that started them down their current path. I'm not sure if this is the case with you but it does sound like something happened to you at some point in your past.

Sure in most cases your not going to able to solve any of those but at least get to the point where you've come to terms with it and that should help with your other issues. The other thing I've noticed when watching the show you have to want to want to change. You can usually tell by their attitude if they will relapse or if they change permanently.
    And you believe a "reality" show?
    While what you said is partially true, it is not neccessarely the case. I'd be willing to bet a higher factor is that he doesn't have a girlfriend. Happened to me when I was playing WoW and was getting really irritated often. Then I got a girl, met some new people and life's been much easier ever since.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    dont put yourself down like that

if you keep that up you'll be right back where you started, so keep moving forward

Do what you feel is right, not what other people tell you is right.
    He's on the right track,

As long as acknowledges his weaknesses and shortcomings and decides he's gonna fight and make them better. Remember my steps and you'll be fine. Trust me. I've been there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kg-z...&feature=share

If you watch this and it doesn't motivate you to do something, then you need professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Hey guys. I just woke up. Thanks for the support. Im going to go walking today after my chemistry lab. no music. walk along the beach and take pictures.

For one, I am not trolling and its not a troll post. "get a grip" is going to help about as much as saying "yo....dont be doin that".

Im going to uninstall this game. I was really hoping that I could enjoy it....and I did. I enjoyed it quite a bit too much which sucked me back. I only did MoV LFR :/

And my dad and mom are divorced. Dont really talk to him.

Gl hope the best for ya.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I've been on WoW for 8 years, snagged every Collectors edition including the Starcraft and Diablo ones. I've invested over a thousand in sub fees.

That being said, having quit, I don't feel like I've lost or wasted time. To me, the game was a journey, a time-sink. It never was an investment. Though I could probably say I was addicted until I met my wife. I originally met her on Warcraft, and my desire to be with her began to consume more and more of my time until one day I simply stopped logging in. That was my cure to Warcraft, though we still play new games together. We play new games as if they were like movies, they have an end. We pick up new games, try them out, then shelve them when we feel we got our fix. Gaming for us has become a hobby and no longer a lifestyle.

Another thing I think helped influence my decline in WoW was "Winning" raiding in a way. When I was younger and learned about raiding, I often found my teammates holding me back. There was always this desire to achieve more, but just out of reach because of the team. Then one day, I decided to leave my casual guild and push myself. I made it into a top 100 USA guild with people of equal quality. I pushed myself as far as I could go, for the first time in WoW, I felt completed. Now having known how far I could go and push myself, it felt like winning the game. I accomplished what I wanted, then the desire to play declined, I caught my carrot on the stick.

This got longer than I wanted, but I thought mentioning the raiding part was important. I sometimes wonder if I didn't peak myself, would I still always be hungry for more and relapse? I never played for the community itself, so I don't think I was addicted to that aspect of the game. After playing a few years in highly competitive guilds, my community shifted quite a bit and even though we desired to raid. Once the raid was done, we all logged off and did life stuff. I believe I was addicted to WoW because I invested a lot of time into it, but I didn't play 24/7. For a long time, I just logged into raid and logged off at the end.

I imagine anyone who supports themselves properly could keep WoW as a lifestyle. At one time I was pretty content with working my 9-5 and raiding at night. I could honestly say those were happy times. Maybe I just got old, I want more stuff now. I want a dog, a family and to finish college.

However, my new lifestyle has caused my gaming expenses to increase more than playing WoW. Instead of paying 15$ a month. I'm buying a new game every month for 60$. Sometimes two games and DLC. If you treat games like movies, they can feel expensive. Play them once and move on. Rather than trying to squeeze every bit of replayability out of it.

(Side note) I wanted to add a bit about eating and working out. My mom raised me with telling us the value of everything we ate. (probably because we were poor.) But as the oldest. I grew up with this money/food ratio mentality. I don't overeat ever if it equals wasting money. And a lot of times, I can convince myself not to eat something by thinking about what else I can use the money on. IF YOU BUY YOUR OWN FOOD it's a lot easier to understand it's value and decide what to eat and what not to eat. To me, I could splurge on healthier foods like meats(this will relate to the exercise thing) but never on chocolates and candy and other various bad food.

I raided for the challenge and also the Epenis. But do you know what's better than an Epenis? Working out and looking good. I started exercise with a warcraft mentality. I wanted results, so I had to research the fight. I figured out what parts of my body I wanted to work out and tone. I found out what kinds of equipment and tools would be required to achieve it. I altered my diet accordingly. (meats with protein mentioned previously)

I feel like a lot of people I've seen try to work out simply didn't prepare themselves for it. It's EXACTLY like raiding, if you step into an instance without any idea what you're doing, all you'll do is bash your head against the wall. Get a plan, invest into it. If you raid, you buy flasks. If you workout, you buy quality food. It's like those casual people who QQ about "I want to play my way" You can't play your way and win all the time, you need to adjust, adapt. A melee hunter is no different than a fat kid trying to grow muscles on chocolate. It won't happen, you need to be smart and make the right choices.

/end rant. Not sure if any of that will help, but the more information you know, the better choices you can make. (Ranting is a good outlet for frustration, I'm a huge fan!)

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    in some kind of drunken state (shes not a drunk but at night she drinks and when she drinks shes not a happy drinker I can tell you that. emotional as fuck.)
    So she drinks every night and isn't an alcoholic?

Timmy isn't a heroin addict but at night when he shoots up he gets real emotional.