Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Smile Are you a gender sensitive?

    If you’re a guy, do you have girl toons on the characters of your mmorpg games? Do you pretend to be a girl in game? And if you’re a girl, do you have masculine toons on your list?

  2. #2
    I dont pretend to be a girl in game. I pick girl characters because they are easier to look at on the eyes. Might as well like what Im seeing when playing a whole bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

  3. #3
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,012
    I play what ever looks best, sometimes males look stupid in someway shape or form and the female looks better, an example from my point of view would be a blood elf in wow.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    4,902
    I have a few female toons on WoW. FOr one, I wanted a NE for a rogue because of the stealth passive, the males run/attack/stand/sound/stealth and look stupid in pretty much every way. The ONLY good thing is their hilarious dance. So I rolled a female, because most everything about them is pleasant, plus they are smaller which can be an advantage.

    I don't pretend to be female IRL, that would be rather creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  5. #5
    In the context of role/gender identity in gaming, wouldn't "gender sensitive" mean "unwilling to play the role of the opposite gender"?

    I ask because the question in your thread title "Are you a gender sensitive?" is the inverse of the question in your post "If you're a [gender], do you play [opposite gender] toons on the characters of your mmorpg games?" An answer of "yes" to the first question is an answer of "no" in the second. To help avoid confusion, I recommend you reword the OP.

    On topic: I am not gender sensitive. I've played female characters without shame because I'm not pretending to be female; I'm instead watching some badass female roaming around beating shit up. I'm no more my female characters than I am my male. Though I will admit that early on in gaming when I played a game where a class was only represented by one gender (often mages are female in other games) I felt uncomfortable with playing that class. Now I see it as no big deal. And even now, a lot of people make the mistake of assuming I'm female irl when they meet one of my female toons. But it's not that big of a deal to correct them and then move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Jesus Christ? I could not follow his radical left-wing path. No, even if I did believe in a personal god, I would not have the guts, the extreme altruism and radical anti-capitalism necessary to call myself a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism. Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.

  6. #6
    Especially in wow, I play mostly female characters as a guy.
    Why? Because most male ingame models look plain stupid.

    I'd never pretend to be a girl IRL, though.

  7. #7
    I play both genders quite evenly. Female versions of some races look better than male versions and for one I can't make myself create a male draenei. I've tried, several times, to no avail.

    For the longest time my main was a male me being female irl. Current main is a female though, but more by chance than any other possible reason.

  8. #8
    Mainly female characters, and I'm a male. Maybe it's because of long-term habits, my opinion about how many males aren't as good looking in armor, or the lack thereof. Regardless of any reasons, I don't mind playing male characters in anything; I just prefer the female variants most of the time.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

  9. #9
    I have noticed that playing as female that I act unconsciously different to other people. I tend to be nicer and use more smileys for some reason.

    Also I play both female and male.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I have noticed that playing as female that I act unconsciously different to other people. I tend to be nicer and use more smileys for some reason.
    First thing that springs to mind is acting how you perceive a female character to be, or act like? Maybe so others don't question you, or something. Be interesting to hear why you do it (If you can)
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

  11. #11
    I have both, slightly more females than males. Male characters in video games are usually too beefy and macho for my liking. My male toons grew on me though.

    I don't pretend to be female in game... that has nothing to do with your gender anyway. I used to know a girl with a male Orc warlock. I mean... why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  12. #12
    whatever looks best, my wow account consists mainly of female chars but i am male, like the first reply its all about what your going to be looking at 90% of the time.

    my main is a priest although i haven't played for over a year now, when i made it, all the human males look too beefy to be casters the females look better in robes :P

    then again, i played fallout and fallout 2, (its the same with the newer ones and probably even elderscrolls) but there are certain things that you can do/unlock/say whatever when you pick a different gender. perks related to either male or female.

  13. #13
    I try to mix it up. I have 1 character for each race and gender except male troll, male goblin, and male pandaren in my main server (horde). Not because I think they're stupid or anything, but just because I've already filled all the character slots and covered all classes. On my server where I keep all my Alliance dudes, I don't have a female worgen, female pandaren, nor male gnome.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,133
    Personally I play both depending on which race I play. For example, all my troll characters are male, all my blood elfs are female and all my undeads is a mix between the two. For me, it's not about gender per se, but how well I like the combined feel of the character (looks, running animation, casting animation etc). My Mage would probably be undead if it wasn't for the OP troll racials.

  15. #15
    I simply chose the gender that I think have the best looks/animations. If I'd ever make a belf it'd probably be a female, female undead, male tauren, male troll, etc. I did pretend to be a girl (in-game) for some time in my teens (vanilla), very immature but watching how the behaviour of some players changed when I told them was an unlimited source of amusement:P.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I dont pretend to be a girl in game. I pick girl characters because they are easier to look at on the eyes. Might as well like what Im seeing when playing a whole bunch.
    this. it's not about pretending. it's just that i'd rather look at a woman for hours at a time than a man.

  17. #17
    I have female characters because I like having only one of the same race. I can't have 2 male humans because that's weird for me.

    Nothing can hold me back!

  18. #18
    Melee = male
    Caster = female
    With some exceptions for specific race-gender-class combos.
    Also have never pretended to be a girl.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Irisel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swimming in a fish bowl
    Posts
    2,640
    I have characters of both genders. I like the animations of specific genders for specific races, pretty much.

    Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

  20. #20
    I generally play male melee characters and female casters. I never act any differently regardless of what gender I play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •