Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I love to play tiny races, male or female doesn't really matter much it's just which one looks better
    See signature for more info.

Yes. When someone kicks me in my gender it's very sensitive.

On Point - Meh

I'm a girl irl and a girl in game. Don't really know why I wouldn't play my own gender :P

Blood Elf female is the best model in the game, and I say that as a guy.

Generally though, whether I play a male character or a female (Blood Elf male casting animations are awful for example; particularly the healing ones), I behave the same.

Mains= Nelf male and Belf male. When people say "They look this and that", They are just trolling themselfs, they look like a human male with long ears and orb eyes, calling them gay and ugly is the same as calling yourself that.

Out of 11 slots, i have 2 females and that is troll and orc, rest is nelf/belf male. Mainly because they look way better with gear than others^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Well it depends if I'm pretty or not also. My human priest looks very nice and pretty, so I act especially feminine on her (so much that everyone assumes I'm a girl, and I've even had people flirt with me). Why I act like that? I'm not sure, but when I play undead male I act very "trolly" compared to any other combination I've played. So it's not like it's exclusive to human females, so it's probably just me getting really into the characters I play...

I feel like I should give roleplaying I try.
    OMG! I have this aswell. I usually play trolls. But for my mage i thought that i would give Undead Male a try.
    I noticed myself being extremely sarcastic and rude towards people in dungeons. Im normally very quiet in dungeons/LFR or helpfull if i can be, but that toon just made me a real F***ing bitch <<.

OP: I am female and most of my toons are males. Infact, all are male on my main server. Being 10 Trolls and one Bloodelf Paladin(cause they are the second best race =P). I dont know why, but if there is a choice in a game, i usually pick male characters. I dont usually like how armor looks on females (weapons small, shoulders small, skimpy armor).
    I dont try to act like im male, im pretty much neutral.
    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH

10+ Year Old Account
    Male and always play male, mainly because the only reason I play RPGs is to be Conan.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most races, male characters are just stupid looking and have annoying animations, plus they're bigger. Hardly care about the appearance what so ever, it's really about what will distract me less while playing with the racials I need.

I have.. female human, female nelf, female draenai, male worgen, female panda. The male worgan is my DK main so... hmmm, maybe have some preference but not overly. If I'm gonna stare at a pixelated butt for a couple of hours raiding a few times a week it might as well be a cute one (DK aside)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I have characters of both genders. I like the animations of specific genders for specific races, pretty much.
    These, also sometimes i just prefer how the armor look in a specific gender of a specific race :P

For example:

Draneai Female.... I LOVE THEIR DEATH ANIMATION! (is true... that's why i took it)

No female characters, just doesn't seem right.

But my main is a draenei male, so I'm dedicated to that.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

I play females for almost all my characters in WoW, but for some races, I just don't like the appearance of the girls, so I end up making males. For example when I make a dwarf, orc, worgen or tauren, I always make a male character. As bad as it is, I like my female characters to look girly, and my males to look like tough guys...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cerenitie
    Shyara

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a male.. all of my alts are females. I'd like to think that I built a harem for my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Male and always play male, mainly because the only reason I play RPGs is to be Conan.
    Why not Korgoth?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have both men and female simply cos I enjoy the difference of their models in WoW.
    The other game I play alot is World of Tanks, sadly there are not many female'ish tanks there, maybe AMX40 the penguin tank
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play males because I'm a male and I don't have any desire to be female. I don't really understand the desire to play a female toon, personally, but more power to whoever plays a toon of the opposite gender.

I've always played female characters. My wife doesn't really like it, but I still do it. I can relate to the person who mentioned it changes their attitude while playing. Because it's 3rd person, I often changed my playstyle to match what my character looked like.

For example, when I play a man toon. I'm always a class clown, I jump around a lot, I use the word penis more often and I'm an overall dick to everyone, more or less. I feel like I've inherited mass-media male arch-types. I've either that nice goofball like Wall-E or that street-smart jackass. I've never been able to play a male toon that felt wise or cool and collected.

When I play a female toon. I tend to play with more authority. I like to tank, take charge, explain fights and give commands. Not rude commands, but with authority and conviction. Though some of that may come from playing a tank where leadership goes hand in hand with the role. However my female toons are never whacky or silly. They're not like Wall-E. They're serious and goal oriented, like EVE.

That being said. I still play female characters, because I feel like a more serious person and achieve more. The excuse I tell my wife is that women aren't represented enough in leadership roles, so I play one. Which would make it an ironic statement, being a guy, playing a female character to show that women can have authority? either way, I don't pretend to be a woman in the slightest, I would even go so far that I feel slightly offended when people refer to me as a female.

I've started using male names for all my characters to help fix that issue (and my wife likes it when I use male names.) All my recent characters have strong male names like Jack or Mason.

My wife will sometimes play a male toon from time to time, but she mostly plays female ones. She would ""love"" for me to play a male so she could Role Play with that character. But that never happens because my male characters are hyper-goofballs (appearently RP players don't like those.)

My wife feels that playing a female character better represents her and she feels cute and adorable. And when she plays a male character, she feels cold and intelligent, like Sessumaru (spelling?)

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I dont pretend to be a girl in game. I pick girl characters because they are easier to look at on the eyes. Might as well like what Im seeing when playing a whole bunch.
    I don't get that. Easier to look at how? Does the female character attract you in any way? I'm just trying to understand because I CANNOT play a female character.
    An eloquent example would be the fact that I absolutely LOVE ranger/archer classes in games. Imagine my disappointment when I found out Path of Exile had gender exclusive classes. I also cannot give my characters random and out of context names, even though I've never roleplayed and never intend to. I'm a man, btw. And pretty sure of my own sexuality, if any try to dispute that fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Why not Korgoth?
    Korgoth is a spoof of Conan. A very funny one, but still.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    I play mostly female characters. Gnome females especially. Tiny cuteness of death and horror. Ive had a lot of people think im a girl at times for some reason.
    Like Bloodrose from Flintlocke's Comics. Sweet cute bloodthirsty little mage ;P

I'm able to play M toons but there's absolutely a truth in that most F models look much better in general than males. So I mostly have female ones.

The bigger reason though is sociological, not physical. Look at my avatar, for instance. Would it look cooler if it was some unambiguously manly boy w/ the goggles? Nope. It's a tough, aloof, effervescent-looking girl. When guys play girls, it's the male brain's 'Magnificent Goddess of Ownage' fantasy made incarnate, combining all the strengths of male & female attributes without the weaknesses.

Also overall it's definitive that most players (young males..) will watch how they act around a female toon much more than in a 'sausagefest' all-male group, especially if said female toons have cute models, girl names &/or have made it known they're F IRL. Seen it countless times ;D