Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always play male characters. I can't ever play a female character. It's probably because I "get into" my character a bit.

in most MMOs, d00dz have the most coolest looking armor so i tend to create d00dz. however, when making a support type character, they look hotter in female form :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a mix, probably higher female ratio on all of my games. Why? Because I used to have gender identity issues, and sometimes feel I am as much of a female as a guy. I just play what feels more natural to me at the time.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the guys I know who play female characters do it because they're "gender sensitive". It's pretty much always "Female Orc has a stripperdance" or "Dat Draenei waggle".

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    surely you treat everyone equally?

my characters are all gender neutral.
    No I treat men like men and women like women.

I don't pretend to be a girl, but I do play female characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on the class, character, and what I feel like at the time. I end up with a pretty even mix.

Also, femshep is the only way to go!

I'm male.

I play male characters. Tried to make a female toon once. Leveled to 40 before I deleted her.

Deleted
    All of my characters except for my hunter are male.

The only reason my hunter is female is because I had a dream that I had a female undead hunter, so I assumed it was a sign and rolled one.

10+ Year Old Account
    all my characters are girls. all the males in wow look blocky/beefcakes.
    if its a game like mass effect. i usually go with male if presented with a choice. cause theres just something about male space marines that screams awesome.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I play females, in a third person perspective, I'd rather look at a female ass shape then a males ass shape. I don't identify with my toons, I just play them. Might as well look at dat ass.

Female characters and I do tend to be more girly while playing them.
    I have no problem showing my feminine side which can be dominant at times.

Nope all males, I don't mind people who play female characters, I just prefer to play male characters, I feel gear looks better on them. And I just like the thought of being a manly man hero. Like I said I don't care what gender you play, but if you play the opposite gender and ACT like that, then you have some serious problems and need to go see a therapist.

Deleted
    I also forgot to add that when playing WoW, the female blood elves, trolls and night elves always gave off really bad vibes. Like the plain girl in the corner whos usually silent but then all of a sudden starts talking about some awkward subject really loud. Or even like those hairy big men dressed up like princess Leia in comedies..:P

As someone who identifies at least partly with my character, even to the point of almost exclusively playing female humans or worgen, I find it really hard to imagine why someone would want to play opposite gender but I guess that's just me. Plus they make much more satisfying targets on the BGs

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I also forgot to add that when playing WoW, the female blood elves, trolls and night elves always gave off really bad vibes. Like the plain girl in the corner whos usually silent but then all of a sudden starts talking about some awkward subject really loud. Or even like those hairy big men dressed up like princess Leia in comedies..:P

As someone who identifies at least partly with my character, even to the point of almost exclusively playing female humans or worgen, I find it really hard to imagine why someone would want to play opposite gender but I guess that's just me. Plus they make much more satisfying targets on the BGs
    Like you said, you identify with your Character, those that do not, have no such qualms.

I don't understand why people even concern themselves with this stuff. With that said, I always pick whatever I like the most. I don't care, if its male or female character. It's just a game. To use wow as an example, I have made male and female characters of pretty much every race. Its simply pick what I think looks cool during those few minutes that I spend making the character. Honestly its not the character gender or looks what I spend most time with... its the name. I use many times more time on choosing a name than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stereotype genders. Males are most often the warrior type of class, while females are the clothies.

If I play females, I still act like me. A guy. I do roleplay sometimes and if I'm on a female character, I do act like I'm female.

I have some female toons just because they seemed cooler on the cration screen, my main, the character people know me for is male.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 01:32 PM ----------

now that I can remember I used to twink on my female rogue goblin, and I acted like a little bitch for giggles

I got a female nelf druid healer, I think the female nelfs look cooler then the male ones and I've also adopted my girlfriends abandoned gnome mage, also female. I don't really care much about it I guess, I just want my toons to look bad ass.

I never pretend to be a female in the game though, that is kind of weird imo.

My other toons are male gnomes for the most part. Gnomes just rock.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-03-25 at 06:26 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Male Characters: Human Warrior, Human Rogue, Gnome Warlock, Worgen Hunter
    Female Characters: N.Elf Druid Healer, Human Priest Healer, Human Mage

I pick gender based on the play style. Healers are female, casters are (generally) female. Tanks are male, melee are male, hunter is male. Male Gnome Warlock because of the little dude in ToC that summon Jarraxxus.

I don't roleplay in WoW and don't pretend to be female in real life. I don't even mention it to strangers, and my guild knows who I am.

I see this question so often and don't understand why some people think it's some kind of big deal. I played Final Fantasy before and I didn't flip out about controlling Celes or Terra. They are just characters on a screen.