Deleted

Do I need 'Lucid Virtu MVP' drivers?

Sorry for my other thread, I already know the answers to the questions asked in that other one, but I'm not able to change the title to the question I have now.

With the ASRock Z77 it comes with 'Lucid Virtu MV'. Do I need this? I've looked around google but I'm still not sure.

I have the same feature with my mobo, and they are not installed on my pc. It runs fine without but I would like to know if it could improve the performances too
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Deleted
    iirc those can enhance gpu performance in some odd scenarios. (or decrease it)
    at the cost of cpu power.

not 100% sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me lucid mvp causes wow and other games to crash so I havent had it enabled or even installed for about 6months now.

You need that to use the onboard graphics automagically selectable with discrete card. Last I heard it's 10-40% performance loss to use it, but on the plus side your discrete graphics card will be turned completely off on windows desktop.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Lucid Virtu MVP doesn't give any FPS boosts or puts a turbo on your discrete gpu, it works complety different. That thing is just meant to reduce the input lag which is useless.

The monitoring part is useless as well, I don't see the point of disabling the IGP through that program because the IGP never interfers with anything.

No, it isn't required.