View Poll Results: Do you like the Oondasta encounter?

Voters
489. This poll is closed
  • YES

172 35.17%
  • NO

317 64.83%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

How many enjoy the Oondasta encounter?

Personally, i dont enjoy it at all, i only do it for the loot*.
    Why make a boss that requires 100+ to kill it, so we get 1 fps making it impossible to play, cant do a normal rotation or avaoid any of his abilities.
    Furthermore he is more or less untankable, since he 1 shots the tank now and then.
    So we end up not being able to play at all and be dead 75% of the encounter.
    Not my cuppah tea!

*didnt even get any loot, not even gold or bonusroll, so i think thats pretty bugged
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2013-03-20 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    Why make a boss that requires 100+ to kill it, so we get 1 fps making it impossible to play, cant do a normal rotation or avaoid any of his abilities.
    Furthermore he is more or less untankable, since he 1 shots the tank now and then.

*didnt even get any loot, not even gold or bonusroll, so i think thats pretty bugged
    People are doing it "wrong" atm. It doesnt require 100+ people, it requires 25-40 people that are actually geared (meaning full 522, if not 535) to do it right. Right now you have 100+ undergeared people who assume that because he spawns they should be able to kill him, which is not the case, so they come up with ways to get around the fact that they cant such as graveyard zerging him.

It sucks imenselly realy. It failled in all aspects to delivery on what Bliazzard wanted and instead its a gigantic zergfest where ppl throw theyre bodys mindlessly for over 5 minutes and get a bag of gold in the end. If they want to have a boss that needs organised groups to be taken down put it in a freaking instance...

You're main concerns are irrelevent, there is no requirement to kill this boss and thus it doesn't matter whether you're enjoying the encounter or not.

With that said, Blizzard did THE MOST retarded thing ever of making loot only accessible to you if you kill him on YOUR server, meaning that any server PvP server that is unbalanced in terms of horde:alliance ratio, the lower side simply CANNOT kill Oondasta.
    So far on EU-Outland, I don't think horde has killed her once. This is why I hate this boss.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Oondasta is a WAY overtuned World Boss.
    Hes melee hits needs to get nerfed A.S.A.P!
    1Shotting tanks is fail. Fail mechanic, and he should be like the ToT rares. The more you are, the better he gets. With a minimum of 40(Full Raid)
    If 120 shoots on him, he should have 3x normal HP, but shouldnt hit 3xnormal hits.
    Maybe a little more. But definently not be able to 1shot tank by tank.

Its rediclious.

Issue about 1FPS, is really not Blizzard or any others problem. Thats yours.

Oondasta's fine, he's just not a loot pinata. The irony of this world boss is that he gets immensely harder the more people you have, and the more raid groups you have, since his attacks chain and do more damage on the jump. Considering he also untauntable but requires a tank switch, he's a boss which requires actual tactics and communication, like Kazzak and other world bosses needed. Sadly, the average player doesn't feel that a world boss should be hard, that they should just be able to show up and get their chance at loot, and Blizzard has somewhat reinforced that with the tap-to-faction system, allowing people to actively be a hindrance to the raid (even unknowingly) without being accountable in any way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    People are doing it "wrong" atm. It doesnt require 100+ people, it requires 25-40 people that are actually geared (meaning full 522, if not 535) to do it right. Right now you have 100+ undergeared people who assume that because he spawns they should be able to kill him, which is not the case, so they come up with ways to get around the fact that they cant such as graveyard zerging him.
    You're right.

I saw Method do it. As it was around 4-5 AM in the morning, there weren't many extra people around. Nothing special really, there were some deaths and all of course, but it just died...

They should just add a Doomwalker-style debuff to the encounter that kills you outright if you re-engage him within 10 minutes of dying. Zerging = fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    Not my cuppah tea!

You're not supposed to fight with 100+ people... So the fact that you didn't get gold or bonusroll might have something to do with that you guys "cheated" your way to kill that boss. It's supposed to be difficult, you're not supposed to take him down every week unless you have good gear and a well coordinated team.

I hope they give him another ability that increases his HP and damage significantly for every person in combat with him if there are more than 40 people.

Deleted
    No idea. The Horde / Alliance ration on my realm is 3:1 so we, Alliance, can't even look at him without getting zerged by 60 Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Oondasta is a WAY overtuned World Boss.
    Hes melee hits needs to get nerfed A.S.A.P!
    1Shotting tanks is fail. Fail mechanic, and he should be like the ToT rares. The more you are, the better he gets. With a minimum of 40(Full Raid)
    If 120 shoots on him, he should have 3x normal HP, but shouldnt hit 3xnormal hits.
    Maybe a little more. But definently not be able to 1shot tank by tank.

Its rediclious.

Issue about 1FPS, is really not Blizzard or any others problem. Thats yours.
    If he one shots your tank then that tank doesn't have nearly enough good gear and shouldn't be anywhere near Oondasta.

Deleted
    I really don't know what blizzard was thinking with this boss. It was incredibly obvious that it'd get zerged, world bosses do (and it's not like you even can prevent people from your faction "helping out"), and it's also painfully obvious that their servers can't handle it (we've had everyone get dc'd while zerging him) and that people don't enjoy playing with 1 fps. They apparently wanted heroic raiders to down him, yet decide to make him drop normal mode loot that's useless for anyone progressing in hcs. Admittedly making a world boss with a random spawn timer drop hc loot would be even more retarded, but he's still just an annoyance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    If he one shots your tank than that tank doesn't have nearly enough good gear and shouldn't be anywhere near Oondasta.
    Now i cant remember the stacking buff he gets, but when that gets high enough. Theres nothing you can do to keep the Tank alive. Switching wont help.
    Maybe they werent geared enough. I actually never checked their gear. Just killed him 3times now, and every time i see tanks getting 1shotted.

Deleted
    The idea of it is good, but in practice, it fails. People are saying "You need a full group of people geared at 522 or higher item level". Fair enough, but then why would you kill it? Sha crystals? The gear will be almost useless because if you had full 522, you would most likely be getting heroic items, item level 535 or higher (If thunderforged) from raid. Make's absolutely no point at all.

This is a boss for gearing up, not for raiders that are already geared up.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-03-20 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Ill stick my neck out here and i say i love it. Killed him last week with 140ish people (atleast 3 raid groups!), Seeing those skeletons at the graveyard was awesome aswell as looking around seeing so many people talking/shouting things at eachother. It was like Ironforge back when it had the only Auction house!!

That being said, it took a couple hours to get it right. All it took was one person on the Graveyard pull to get aggro then he blows up half the confused raid. I guess the fps was stupidly low we just had tank death rotations for the 1 shot mechanic that we couldnt dodge.

Also, It can be done with 40people much much easier (tank co-ordination, spreading out 10yards). Its just early on everyone wants loot and you cant force people to leave or even wait till its tagged!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Now i cant remember the stacking buff he gets, but when that gets high enough. Theres nothing you can do to keep the Tank alive. Switching wont help.
    Maybe they werent geared enough. I actually never checked their gear. Just killed him 3times now, and every time i see tanks getting 1shotted.
    Then that's either because the boss isn't dying fast enough, they're undergeared, or they don't know how to manage their CDs (including externals) for Frill Blast.

Frill Blast is an ability designed to one shot you if you don't know how to manage your CDs, that's not anything surprising that you see tanks get oneshot by it.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-20 at 08:42 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Im pretty sure Oondasta would actually be "easier" with only 40 ppl max engaging him. since then youd be able to dps/heal/tank, and avoid his abilities.

I guess it boils down to that the faction tag loot system makes it unenjoyable, a system that doesnt seem to work anyway.

I have to admit that I liked it.. Even though I was confused by being across the island and getting killed. There wasn't much cooperation to kill it, people just died everywhere, ran back, got instantly killed again (repeat like 50+ times).. I found it funny and a nice laugh, despite my massive repairbill.

I got a ring from it the first time I killed it, and I got it x-realm before they removed that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand the "youre not supposed to kill it with more than 40+ people argument" i mean its a world boss, what did blizzard think was going to happen when it spawned? did they think people were going to show up and see that a raid of 30 people had already engaged it and say "well shucks i guess its being handled" no, people are going to jump in and do whatever they can to help because its going to give them loot.

it just so happens that this boss can be graveyard zerged and killed, which while im sure its not blizzards intention its most likely nothing they can really do about.

you could do it at about 510 item level easily, as a tank at only 487 i was able to hold ago fro a good one or two minutes before dying, I imagine it would be easy mode soon as you get to 510.