Hello guys, what do you think? It´s possible? I share my thoughts about this issue:
- We have a neutral race (pandaren). This open a big door for the races, in my opinion, not only for the future races, but for the existing ones too. It has a lot of potential, lorewise mostly, for big events that can cause such a decision for a leader.
- Blood Elves and High Elves looks the same, except for the eyes. You can talk about their character, their view of see things, but the fact is that they´re practicaly identicall (phisically). The problem of the eyes? Blood Elves are actively looking for a cure for their sickness on BC, now that we have the Sunwell restored, maybe they finally find it and his beautifull eyes take again a blue color.
- BC zones need a revamp and I think that Blizzard will do it sooner or later, they may take advantage of this to open the zone of the north of the Eastern Kingdoms that remains close (probably where the High Elves are living right now), and deliver it like a leveling zone for the Blood / High Elves, which tell us what High Elves have did all this years, his feelings about coming together with Blood Elves, etc. This zone will contain the final quest-chain to choose your new faction, while the two Blood Elves zones that we already know can tell as about the new situation of the race and why now we´re neutral (at the beggining), we can see a rebuild Silvermoon, the definitively end of the plague on the Elves territory...
- Varian try to brougth Blood Elves in the Alliance, and these ones were listening, its seems that Jaina broke this option, but with the final events of 5.2 I think that might be reopened.
Of course, this idea has two big problems:
- What we do with the existing Blood Elves that serve the Horde all this time? Well, when you enter the game, you still belong to the Horde (that is what you want no? that´s why you choose a race of the Horde in first place xD) BUT ¡¡ if you reconsidered your position, you can go to the new leveling zone of Blood / High Elves (again, the zone of the north of the Eastern Kingdoms that remains close), where the chain-quest to choose your new faction is (mostly like the Pandaren quest-chain to choose their faction, I don´t see a big deal implementing this).
- This is probably the biggest issue, the Horde will have one race less. What do we do? We give the Horde a new race? We make the Draeneis neutral? (I don´t see that happening, just an example). No, let the Horde with one race less. Azeroth is in war and betrayals and new alliances happen all the time, I don´t see why every faction has to have the same number of races.
Well, I hope that you enjoy this post, I know that´s almost impossible, but I still like the idea.