Deleted

Boomer, when to stack more haste?

Hey, i got a quick question mainly for high end raiders currently. Ive been a good boomkin and been stacking crit.
    But while i just passed 13k crit, my haste remains at the first breakpoint. When i go through most boomkin with better progression they stack considerably more haste then i have and less crit. Now i assumed this was simply because of haste trinkets (Shado pan, Sha trink)

Just to be sure, am i missing something? I do feel on some fights, where the movement is not avoidable to an extend i take to long from ecliple to eclipse. Should i just remain stacking crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    Hey, i got a quick question mainly for high end raiders currently. Ive been a good boomkin and been stacking crit.
    But while i just passed 13k crit, my haste remains at the first breakpoint. When i go through most boomkin with better progression they stack considerably more haste then i have and less crit. Now i assumed this was simply because of haste trinkets (Shado pan, Sha trink)

Just to be sure, am i missing something? I do feel on some fights, where the movement is not avoidable to an extend i take to long from ecliple to eclipse. Should i just remain stacking crit?
    Just keep stacking crit. You wont need haste at all, no need to reach for any of the other breakpoints. As long as you're above 5273, no problem. The Sinister meta gem will devalue the breakpoints anyway. I think in BiS gear we only have 16k crit or so. The other boomkins wont have the extra haste of their own volition, just comes on the gear and is the next best stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Just keep stacking crit. You wont need haste at all, no need to reach for any of the other breakpoints. As long as you're above 5273, no problem. The Sinister meta gem will devalue the breakpoints anyway. I think in BiS gear we only have 16k crit or so. The other boomkins wont have the extra haste of their own volition, just comes on the gear and is the next best stat.
    I guess i have been fortunate with lots of crit then

Thanks for the fast response!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone seems to love going for crit, but personally I've always been going for the highest reachable breakpoint during this expansion and it works fine (possibly better).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Everyone seems to love going for crit, but personally I've always been going for the highest reachable breakpoint during this expansion and it works fine (possibly better).
    Maybe it gets easier on higher gear levels. My gear level is quite weak atm (506) compared to most top booms. I do however pass most stuff that is not crit. If i would need the sec haste breakpoint ( I dropped 4 set t14 already) i will probably drop back to 8k ish crit max. That's 5k+ crit loss.

I'd prefer haste over crit if they were even in terms of stat weights. Haste seems to give smoother rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'd prefer haste over crit if they were even in terms of stat weights. Haste seems to give smoother rotation.
    I never really enjoyed a smooth rotation, although i admit it is abit more RNG running with so much crit. There are time i can SS from eclipse to eclipse and times i need to hardcast for more then 10 seconds, wich causes ups and downs dps wise. I still feel in the end it is more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    crit is better for multidotting and movement. that's what the sims don't tell you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    crit is better for multidotting and movement. that's what the sims don't tell you
    Correct. Crit is significantly higher than haste when you consider two or more targets, due to SS procs and DoT damage. However, we don't have a way to model it at the moment, so I've been using the general rule of 1 crit = 1.5 haste. Haste and crit for single-target are pretty even, but remember breakpoints will be severely devalued once you get the Sinister meta gem - by giving us roughly 40% uptime on a 30% haste buff, 40% of the time the breakpoints you're talking about just simply don't exist.

For the most part the high end druids were only going for a little more haste at the start of the tier becuase they still had the t14 4 set with haste trink from mag so reaching the 8k haste break point was alot easier if you look at the top druids that drop the 4 set they go back to the 5k haste breakpoint then go all crit again

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    On Primordius I'm pretty sure haste beats crit if you're killing adds for your raid during the entire fight. You have so many targets to multidot where 1 dot > 1 SS in damage, and then when you do switch eclipses you will still have more than enough crit to go pretty securely on mostly starsurges. A dot that gains 1 more hit for a gcd does significantly more than a dot with a slightly higer crit chance.

Also movement I wouldn't exactly agree on. If you take for example Lei Shen's wind knockback. That ability forces you to move regularly. Now with faster casts you actually have more opportunities to walk less during moments where movement is necessary (it's a bit hard to explain what exactly I mean), while with crit you can hope you get a proc with a slightly higher chance to get it. Or a betetr example, if only I'd had 5% more haste on Ragnaros hc progress so I would've been able to cast a starfire between world in flames movement (not something in this tier, but applicable to your generalisation of 'movement').

Also haste beats crit on AoE, which is something sims don't tell you.

There are situations you can name where one is better than the other, but saying one is better for all situations of multidotting or movement is wrong.