10+ Year Old Account

Shadowcraft Stat Ranks

Are stat ranks based on your gear, or is SC using standard stat rankings according to specs?

I ask because most Mutilate Rogues I look up are going Mastery/Haste, which is what I prefer, but SC is telling me to go Mastery/Crit instead with the gear I have now, and it is making some of the changes that I want to make to my gear difficult to do.

I just got my 2 piece tonight which broke my 4 pc from last tier, so now I am looking to use either the Heroic Shoulders from Gara'jal, or the Heroic Chest from Elegon rather than the respective slots Tier so I can keep 2pc/2pc instead of sitting on 3pc/2pc, and with the way the stat ranks are on my gear at the moment according to SC, I can not figure out the way to go.

Any one know?

Deleted
    Stat ranks on Shadowcraft are dynamic. So it shows you the stats you actually need for your gear.
    Haste is as strong as crit until you get 2 of the new trinkets and enough agility (probably 520+ ilevel). So until this point you want to keep your haste and crit on the same value, because if you raise only one, the other one gets more valuable of course. They are dynamic stats which influence each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Are stat ranks based on your gear, or is SC using standard stat rankings according to specs?

I ask because most Mutilate Rogues I look up are going Mastery/Haste, which is what I prefer, but SC is telling me to go Mastery/Crit instead with the gear I have now, and it is making some of the changes that I want to make to my gear difficult to do.

I just got my 2 piece tonight which broke my 4 pc from last tier, so now I am looking to use either the Heroic Shoulders from Gara'jal, or the Heroic Chest from Elegon rather than the respective slots Tier so I can keep 2pc/2pc instead of sitting on 3pc/2pc, and with the way the stat ranks are on my gear at the moment according to SC, I can not figure out the way to go.

Any one know?
    Try replacing one piece, optimize gemming and reforging, see what your dps is at, refresh from your armory and replace the other piece, do the same and compare all three numbers, your dps with 3pc/2pc, dps with 2/2 and shoulders and dps with 2/2 and chest. Go with what rates highest.
    Last edited by Infective; 2013-03-20 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Shadowcraft isnt working for me,it's not displaying a dps value,is anyone else getting this ??

DPS didn't show up at first for me then i hit Auto-reforge and it popped up. hope this helps

i had it not show dps last night, but it didn't have the parsererror that i got a few weeks ago after the patch. Changing gear and auto reforging didn't make it show up. Try leaving it open for a couple mins, i did that to tab back into wow and by the time i tabbed back up the dps values had appeared.