Deleted

The effectiveness of stealth caps (in normal bg,s) (stealth, invis etc)

In rated bg,s I would assume the enemy is on their toes constantly, but in normal bg,s it is possible to stealth cap.

As I have played a rogue over the years I have observed how many people in Arathi Basin for example just afk while they are 'defending' the flag.

Ever tried to cap the flag when they are just standing there? I have done it so many times I am amazed by it.

Otherwise Sap works too and Blind. :P (rogues only)

But I advise you to try it, or rogue go with stealth, try to cap the flag, do nothing to the defenders, there is a chance they will not notice or are afk.

I just now even got a flag cap on my own at the blacksmith in AB, 2 dk,s were defending, sapped one, blinded the other, capped and vanished.

Cool story yo..... i mean this has only been going on for what... 7 years??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by happyweed999 View Post
    Being rude even longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets can ruin that (especially when 2 of them are there defending). Most of the time when I attempt it I first start a fight (if I know they can't mess up my vanish) just to force trinkets (most of the players in random BG blow trinket when kidney/paralytic proc) or just to check do they have it. Then just vanish, sap one, blind the other cap, prep and vanish again to proceed sapping them until your backup comes (you can't keep them from capping forever).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Trinkets can ruin that (especially when 2 of them are there defending). Most of the time when I attempt it I first start a fight (if I know they can't mess up my vanish) just to force trinkets (most of the players in random BG blow trinket when kidney/paralytic proc) or just to check do they have it. Then just vanish, sap one, blind the other cap, prep and vanish again to proceed sapping them until your backup comes (you can't keep them from capping forever).
    Hell I even cheap shot and vanish.

Thing is backup never arrives soon enough.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happyweed999 View Post
    Learn to read before posting pointless dribble, He never said it was new, infact if you knew how to read you would notice by the words he used that he has been doing for a long time, Years in fact -.-'

OT, Yes i have noticed a lot of people AFK at the bases, I play Resto Druid so i am always stealthed too, But ofcourse my effective Stealth level is so much below a Rouge they must be able to see me as clear as day anyway lol, But i often sit at a base with a DPS, and the amount of time a rogue comes in and the DPS just sits there while a rogue attempts a cap is crazy lol

I also got a few stealth caps in when i was playing Feral, People must find sitting at a base the perfect time to Alt Tab and check out Youtube lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Learn to read before posting pointless dribble, He never said it was new, infact if you knew how to read you would notice by the words he used that he has been doing for a long time, Years in fact -.-'

OT, Yes i have noticed a lot of people AFK at the bases, I play Resto Druid so i am always stealthed too, But ofcourse my effective Stealth level is so much below a Rouge they must be able to see me as clear as day anyway lol, But i often sit at a base with a DPS, and the amount of time a rogue comes in and the DPS just sits there while a rogue attempts a cap is crazy lol

I also got a few stealth caps in when i was playing Feral, People must find sitting at a base the perfect time to Alt Tab and check out Youtube lol
    Indeed.

Dual screen for a reason.

:P

Also don't mind that rude poster, uses the cool story meme, says enough.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Indeed.

Dual screen for a reason.

:P

Also don't mind that rude poster, uses the cool story meme, says enough.
    I think BGs and Youtube is actually the only thing i have used my dual screens for lol

and what is it you want to know or even discus?

because you just said i cap bases/flags in random bgs because people are stupid.
    and? none1 else did that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or..! You could be like me, a true death knight! Someone who goes in, obliterates two people in 2 seconds and "ninja-caps" their base! >

:3

Seriously, have done it before with worse gear than I have now. Was really amusing to global one DK and then kill a mage right after at LH

Why do I always come across players that aren't afk?

Well, I've had my moments in which I just cap and the defender keyboard turns just 0,1 sec too late, but they're sadly far and few in between.

If they really have dual monitors, or as in my case, only one but wow runs in the background while I browse in a small window, I think they'd be more alerted by their character mindlessly walking about - maybe more so now than before thanks to the CC alert thing in the middle of your screen - rather than you just standing in the flag and capping.

Deleted
    Against a single defender a great many classes can and will eventually get a cap through. The problem is, so will the defender.

As a restoration Shaman I can take someone out of the fight for 11 seconds on my own thus ensuring a cap if they don't have their trinket ready. So after 45 seconds at the latest I will cap against a sole defender.

Btw this also happens in RBG even on fairly high ratings. Our rogue managed to get caps eve on 2,3-2,4~ rating quite frequently if they other team doesn't immediatly send someone out of the zerg to aid the defender. There are very few quests such as hunters against whom it is fairly hard to get a cap because of the damnit pets.

I normally guard Stables/Farms (Depends on side my team starts on) when I play RBGs. Many a time have ninja-caps been tried on me by tricky rouges. However, I never go AFK in RBGs, so I can always successfully deter their attacks! If I get Sapped or Blinded then they try to cap, I can use either my Bubble (Because I'm a Retribution Paladin) or my trinket (Human racial). In normal Battlegrounds I can ninja cap while spamming "KEK" and have all my shiny cool-downs going on around me, those guys don't even notice...
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

Glyph of smoke bomb is excellent for stealth capping nodes. If they aren't standing near the flag you can sap, sprint to the flag, drop a smoke bomb and cap even if their sap ends because they can't hit you from range. Without a smoke bomb
    It's hard to get a cap if someone is standing far enough away that it takes you a second and a half to get to the flag.