Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

RIFT F2P 21st-25th

"Commemorate two years of RIFT® and try it free from Mar. 21-25! Former subscribers can dive deep into Storm Legion with no restrictions, while anyone, including RIFT Lite players, can celebrate with the Second Anniversary Carnival of the Ascended World Event.
    Join us and try RIFT!"

RIFT lite: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...uest_locale=en

http://uk.riftgame.com/en/products/return-to-telara/

For all those people holding back on buying SL here is your chance to try it for free

As predicted Storm legion is now on SALE! for 25% less than the original price:http://uk.riftgame.com/en/products/
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2013-03-21 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apprently they did it a day early as I was able to log on.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

OH NOES RIFT IS GOING F2P!!! /flails arms

jk

I love when MMOs do things like this. It's always good to get new blood in.
    Unfortunately, Nykolas beat me to posting this and already attached his RAF code to it...
    This is the raptr promotion all over again!!!

costing me free months... /grumble
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Can you still get those coins from last year? Remember there was one quest every week or so that rewarded one coin. If you got 4 you could buy nebula mount. I have 3 from last year before my sub ended, if the possibility is back I might log in and grab last one + the epic mount

Yes, there are still doubloons.

And the Nebula, Aurora and mechanical spider mount.

Deleted
    i actually haven't attached my AAF link because it would just get removed, but at the moment i do have 4 reacquiring friends ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I have 3 from last year before my sub ended, if the possibility is back I might log in and grab last one + the epic mount
    Unfortunately the currency this year to buy the mounts is not the same. Last year we had Pyrite Doubloons, this year the new currency is Auroral Doubloon.

I guess they didn't want people who had stockpiled the old Pyrites to be riding around on Aurora on Day One

In theory you should be able to get one mount, even though two weeks of getting a coin have passed. You will get one this week up until next reset which is Wednesday the 27th, you can get a second mark then until the next reset which is April the 3rd

The Carnival is due to end on April the 4th, Thursday, so the thinking is you "should" be able to get the third coin between the rest on Wednesday morning and the closing down of the Event on Thursday afternoon....in Theory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Unfortunately the currency this year to buy the mounts is not the same. Last year we had Pyrite Doubloons, this year the new currency is Auroral Doubloon.

I guess they didn't want people who had stockpiled the old Pyrites to be riding around on Aurora on Day One

In theory you should be able to get one mount, even though two weeks of getting a coin have passed. You will get one this week up until next reset which is Wednesday the 27th, you can get a second mark then until the next reset which is April the 3rd

The Carnival is due to end on April the 4th, Thursday, so the thinking is you "should" be able to get the third coin between the rest on Wednesday morning and the closing down of the Event on Thursday afternoon....in Theory
    Read your note too late :P Downloaded it, and took quest for what I thought was last dubloon and started jumping a couple of baloon runs but I noticed something wrong in currency and then I looked it up. They should just have put the old mounts for the old dubloons and the new one required new currency. To me it wasnt stockpiling, never noticed it being possible last year =/ Just my sub ran out before last weeks one was available. And I think there was only 5 dubloons to get last year? So most people should already have bought what they wanted back then, they didnt know about this years mount and everyone loved nebula =) Ah well, they really dont want me in this game it seems :P

Deleted
    Not to complain or whatever, but as of today i still managed to log in to the game
    It was to my understanding that you still needs sub outside of the LITE version (below 20) and the free weekend is over. Or was it extended? I couldn't find anything on their forums...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceilingpony View Post
    Not to complain or whatever, but as of today i still managed to log in to the game
    It was to my understanding that you still needs sub outside of the LITE version (below 20) and the free weekend is over. Or was it extended? I couldn't find anything on their forums...
    It takes them a while to shut the free weekend down, last free weekend i was playing with no game time left for about 2 days after it had finished

Ugh when would it finally JUST go f2p already, what invisible force keeps it afloat....

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Ugh when would it finally JUST go f2p already, what invisible force keeps it afloat....
    About an estimated 450k subscribers, judging by log ins and concurrency relative to other MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    About an estimated 450k subscribers, judging by log ins and concurrency relative to other MMOs.
    there is noway in hell rift has 450k subscribers :P
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    there is noway in hell rift has 450k subscribers :P
    If it doesn't then it has a more active player base than wow.

We've had this discussion a lot when people were estimating swtors sub numbers between quarters. People were using concurrency and logins to estimate the population in swtor. But between swtor being a new MMO and the leveling process being more engaging than any other MMO, people were logging in an insane amount of hours everyday for several months. The player base of swtor was so active that they had about 2/3rds the concurrency as WoW with 1/4th the NA subscribers. Rift doesn't exactly have the "new MMO" smell, so its a much safer bet that their concurrency / logins are more akin to WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, it probably has more.
    Agree. I think a lot more people that play Rift buy subscription time in bulk compared to other MMOs. Their 6mo/1year discounts are very attractive since they reward the player with cosmetic items and it is a game that has a high standard of content addition.

With that being said, I think they are on the verge of losing that edge, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rift has much closer to 1 million than 500k. I'm subscribed even though I'm not currently playing, because I bought 6 months and have some bonus time from recruits.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    The "invisible force" is a large active subscriber base. As long as enough people are staying subscribed and the game is profitable it will continue to have a sub model.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The "invisible force" is a large active subscriber base. As long as enough people are staying subscribed and the game is profitable it will continue to have a sub model.
    People say F2P like it is flipping a switch. No expert here, but just off hand
    . They have to refund everyone who has paid 1 month up to possibly 2+ years worth of sub fee's
    . New ward drobe items will be cash shop
    . New mounts will be cash shop
    . World events have to be completely re done, so they make the cash shop look easier to do then the actually event to get the items.
    . Free servers transfer will have a fee
    . Depends how they do it. Post 50 content might have a fee?
    . The ability to jump to another server for a zone event will have a fee
    . Add in slowed down patch cycles. No free to play MMO has kept fast patch cycles
    . Return of the bored WoW playerbase in between patch cycles making every insane request under the sun and threatening to pull their money if they do not get their way

That is what I can think of off hand as a noob on game design. Now explain why would be they do all of that to essentially inflate their servers numbers to give themselves a warm and fuzzy feeling? We are talking Trion here people. They are managing Defiance. They are handling ArchAge which could be the best Sandbox/MMO hybrid in years.

Shit WoW has lost 2 mil + in less then a year. Why not call for Blizzard to make WoW free? These debates have no basis in logic.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    . They have to refund everyone who has paid 1 month up to possibly 2+ years worth of sub fee's
    Completely false. Not sure where you would even get such an outlandish idea.
    *snip*
    The rest of that is just speculation and a severe discredit to developers of a game. Obviously things would be added to the cash shop, but you can look at plenty of game models and realize it's not needed to do what you are listing. That would be idiotic. If Rift ever went F2P I would look to them to offer everything there is now practically for free while giving subscribers even more perks than they have had before.

I would expect constant XP bonuses, bonuses to currency acquisition (IS, Marks, etc.), a stipend for the cash shop, and continued loyalty reward system based on how many months you have subscribed...that's just for starters.
    Shit WoW has lost 2 mil + in less then a year. Why not call for Blizzard to make WoW free? These debates have no basis in logic.
    Not even close to an equitable comparison....but I think you know that. And just to be clear, I'm not proposing Rift needs this as I've already vouched for it's subscription numbers obviously being enough for the moment.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-04-09 at 03:03 PM.
    BAD WOLF

People say F2P like it is flipping a switch. No expert here, but just off hand
    . New ward drobe items will be cash shop
    . New mounts will be cash shop
    . World events have to be completely re done, so they make the cash shop look easier to do then the actually event to get the items.
    . Free servers transfer will have a fee
    . Depends how they do it. Post 50 content might have a fee?
    . The ability to jump to another server for a zone event will have a fee
    . Add in slowed down patch cycles. No free to play MMO has kept fast patch cycles
    . Return of the bored WoW playerbase in between patch cycles making every insane request under the sun and threatening to pull their money if they do not get their way

That is what I can think of off hand as a noob on game design. Now explain why would be they do all of that to essentially inflate their servers numbers to give themselves a warm and fuzzy feeling? We are talking Trion here people. They are managing Defiance. They are handling ArchAge which could be the best Sandbox/MMO hybrid in years.

I feel like you have only seen Swtors f2p model or something.