Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has been like this for a long time now. Not sure why the previous poster mentioned it as all it did was create confusion. The fact is that the increase is still substantial and should be utilized on this fight.

"The heal from Atonement is now capped at 30% of the priest's health before any modifiers such as healing percentage bonus effects/talents."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869
    Last edited by mookspal; 2013-03-20 at 06:45 PM.

Regardless of the cap, you should still be doing a lot of atonement on horridon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mookspal View Post
    "The heal from Atonement is now capped at 30% of the priest's health before any modifiers such as healing percentage bonus effects/talents."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869
    Thanks! I never knew that. Still, that means (assuming pretty crappy gear) that unless your individual holy damage hits are striking for more than ~133k, you're not losing anything to the cap. Even more in good gear. IMO, it's quite unlikely that you'd hit the cap in any realistic situation.

So will we be stacking stam on fights with huge damage modifiers? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So will we be stacking stam on fights with huge damage modifiers? ^^
    No, no you won't.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

If I remember correctly that change went in after disc priests started pulling stupidly high numbers with smiting on Halfus, but can't seem to recall a cap during MoP. We haven't raided this week yet, but looking at logs from my friend's guild, I can see Atonement heals (+overheals) over 230k on Jin'rokh. That shouldn't be possible if there was a cap.

It's capped at 30% before healing bonuses. People standing in the water get a 60% bonus to healing received. Your friend's guild's priest might also have had Twist of Fate or Archangel up; I don't remember offhand whether either or both of these can cause Atonement to exceed the cap. The revamped mastery may also allow Atonement to exceed the cap - again, I don't remember offhand.

Oh, before healing bonuses makes sense. He had AA up, so ~230k seems reachable.

You won't have issues on horridon once you get his trinket, things OP

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    It's so random though. Sometimes I get a return of only 30-40k mana and other times it's as much as 150k mana (~8 minute fights). This is in fights where I do literally nothing but either regular healing without pause or Atonement healing without pause. I've tested both extensively and the return is very shaky. The good results come pretty much all from fights where I was lucky to have the trinket proc stack.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    That's a bit of a catch 22 solution though.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    It's so random though. Sometimes I get a return of only 30-40k mana and other times it's as much as 150k mana (~8 minute fights). This is in fights where I do literally nothing but either regular healing without pause or Atonement healing without pause. I've tested both extensively and the return is very shaky. The good results come pretty much all from fights where I was lucky to have the trinket proc stack.
    It's random, but it's overall return is higher then any other trinket (outside of static trinkets)

Regardless of the atonement cap it seems like a very heavy atonement is the best and easiest way you can play an encounter with damage modifiers. Especially in 10's.

For my guild the best tactic was to have Horridon tanked in the inner circle while the raid is dealing with the gates. Usually I move with the raid but keep smiting Horridon through out the fight.

mana issues:
    1. you have a low spirit (9,3k is low) and still you gem intellect
    2. you reforge out of spirit (instead out of haste, hat item)
    3. you reforge mastery to haste (waist)

haste is never good for a person with mana problems and there is no haste cap/break point for a discipline priest

fight itself:
    horridon, due to damage modifiers, is a smite-healing fight. its a massive waste not to use smite glyph on that fight. you may also consider giving cascade talent (used on friendly targets) a try on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    The single&mass dispelling is really hurting.
    dont spam mass dispel. there should be no need for that.
    i even checked logs from our horridon normal kill (also 10man) and i had 10 dispels there, other healer (paladin) handled remaining 12? and curses were sorted by dps. its really not enough to be worth spamming mass dispel.
    especially that most my dispels were on diseases and mass dispel, i think it doesnt do diseases?

if the other healer slacks on dispel, spam dispel meters and make him dispel. no excuses

Deleted
    Try two healing it. Depending on your raid composition it can be easier to two heal as adds dieing faster makes raid damage much lower. Also make sure dps and tanks help dispelling, especially tank who is currently on boss as that tank has plenty of time while facerolling boss.

The guy telling you to use glyph of power word: shield is just dumb, that glyph is totally useless, fuck. Just smite on the boss all day and all night, and you'll have more than enough mana to keep dispelling. Also, your dps are slacking if more than 3 debuffs appear at the same time on the first door.
    So instead of trying to shit some mana out of nowhere, just yell at your dps untill they understand the concept of focussing an add down.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 01:20 PM ----------

[QUOTE=babylon;20580797]mana issues:
    1. you have a low spirit (9,3k is low) and still you gem intellect
    2. you reforge out of spirit (instead out of haste, hat item)
    3. you reforge mastery to haste (waist)

9k spirit is certainly not a low value, I'm starting hard modes with less. did all Tier14 with 7k spirit. If you don't know how to handle your mana regen cds, don't go for spirit, learn how to play your class. Haste is rather useless though.

Deleted
    I'm mostly running 25man which probably helps the not having mana issues a bit so can't add anything other people haven't said already (Im running all normals with 11k spirit and it seems to be just fine),
    but if you really are stuggling with mana, and if that is the cause of the wiping, you can always be cheeky and ask your dps to help with dispelling. Ie Mages, Shamans, Druids, Shadowpriests (which defo should be utilized if you have one) etc can all dispel, and having them do so isn't exactly a great dps loss.

Maybe you should look into what those can dispell.

Theres a vid of how we dealt with atonement being the primary healing.

youtube: Outzydaz Why no love vs Horridon WW pov