Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horridon mana frustration

Hey all,

My guild is working on Horridon 10man. And well to be honest it's been a brick wall for us.
    I'm having such an issue with mana on the first gate it's rather sad. The single&mass dispelling is really hurting. Up until this point I haven't had much issue with mana management. Our best attempts so far have been getting to the third gate. Even by the second gate, I'm running on fumes then the poison crap starts adding up fast, really painful. Our resto shaman usually has to drop mana tide for me by the start of the second

Our raid make up is 5 dps, 2 tanks, 3 healers for this fight.
    One tank hauls Horridon to the far side of the room and tanks him by himself (paladin who cleanses his debuff) along with a holy paladin.
    The Resto shammy and me stay with the second tank and group, moving from gate to gate.

Here's a link to my priest http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Emerus/simple

Any suggestions on how to better handle my mana with the dispelling on gate 1? I don't want to slag my shaman wingman but I do notice that I usually do about 80% of the dispelling each try...

I would recommend changing your glyphs around. Change around your penance, mass dispel, and pom glyphs for glyphs for glyph of power word: shield, smite, and weakened soul.

Reforge the haste from your belt if you haven't already. Stat priority is Int > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste for disc.

Change your meta gem the extra mana is not worth the spirit and crit that you will gain. Also I would just put a straight +160 int in any red sockets you have over the mastery + int gems.

Make sure you are getting all rapture procs and using mindbender/trinkets accordingly. Mass dispel when you see all of the melee with ~1-2 stacks of the debuff and single dispel any that were missed. On normal no one should die to just the debuff since it does only around 12k a second per stack on normal. If people are dying on the first gate it was either a tank or someone standing in a sand trap.

You could also try playing holy on this fight since Horridon on normal there is no big burst and it is mostly just healing damage from people standing in stuff.

Tell your raid to focus on adds and boss damage isn't really important until after you guys kill jalek.

You have really low amounts of spirit, you might consider switching a couple blues to sparkling rivers heart +320 spirit, and greens to zen for a while till you get more gear and can afford to gem out.

Also, make sure your rapture usage is high. Proc that baby as much as you can and use mindbender/PW:Solace as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    You have really low amounts of spirit, you might consider switching a couple blues to sparkling rivers heart +320 spirit, and greens to zen for a while till you get more gear and can afford to gem out.

Also, make sure your rapture usage is high. Proc that baby as much as you can and use mindbender/PW:Solace as much as possible.
    Just realized how little spirit he has. Change all reds to pure intellect, blues/prismatics to pure spirit, and yellow to spirit and mastery. Also make sure to change that meta gem.

You don't need to take Horridon that far away. You should have it so he is basically 30yds away from the gate. This will allow your paladin to help heal others and cleanse.

Also your raid can target the Wastewalker adds first. This will cut down on the number of debuffs going out.

When you get to the Drakkari gate you don't need to dispel the disease as soon as it gets on somebody. Each melee add that hits somebody is going to apply so there will be a bunch of them going out all over the place. They don't tick for much dmg but they do stack. Just worry about dispelling people that 3+ during the actual gate. Then start to dispel the rest after it's over.

When you hit the last gate you will want to have the paladin healer move to the raid and you to move over to the boss. Why you ask...simple...attonement. You will heal harder than the paladin will be able to as the boss is taking 150%dmg.

As for glyphs I personally run with weakened soul, purify and smite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info guys.
    I went from 8,000 spirit to about 9,300 now. Lost some haste and 1% mastery doing so but hope it helps...
    Will try the glyph of purify for sure, guessing it doesn't proc off mass dispel right?

And as for going holy, dang, think it will make a difference? Im nervous about it as I haven't played holy since..well never.
    Been Disc since early BC =(
    Last edited by Iannis; 2013-03-20 at 02:52 PM.

Tank Horridon close to the gate.
    Pick Power Word: Solace
    You stay on tank, paladin and shaman do the raid. You can use some Halo/Cascade to help out and mass dispel if needed.

Why not use attonement for its full worth when you get 50% dmg increase on poison gate?
    This is what we did to nail it. Me as disc did almost 40% of the healing. Attonement with damage increase is so OP that its gonna give the kill to you.

All you need is the raid 40yards or closer to the boss. This doesnt feel crowded if done right. And runing from swipe is eez.

edit: typo

I would avoid mass dispell altogether, you can only use it on the first gate since that is the only magic debuff, it costs roughly 40K mana which is a ton. If like 6+ people have the debuff and are stacked sure use mass dispell otherwise single target dispells and healing people when dispell is on CD is more mana efficient.

There is only 3 debuffs going out at a time and with 3 healers they should all be dispelled quite quickly. Try having all healers single target dispell on CD and if you are really having mana issues try using Inner Will (15% reduction on instant cast abilities) rather than inner fire as the damage going out during that phase is not high.

Not sure what your raid comp is but on the next gate make sure you interupt the priests and the effusions otherwise poison volley will tick on everyone for a lot more than the magic debuff and cant be dispelled by priests. A monk with revival is very handy here. The third gate has a disease debuff that also ticks for quite a bit and I believe priests are one of the few healers than can dispell that one too.

Most of the damage done in this encounter is avoidable, so if you have mana issues, it's mostly because interrupts/stuns are not done properly and/or people are standing in crap. If you have to mass dispell, it's because people don't kill adds fast enough.

So having 3 heals is not always a good thing, extra dps might save you tons of healing.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzguy View Post
    glyph of power word: shield
    why this glyph?
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Folkan View Post
    Tank Horridon close to the gate.

Why not use attonement for its full worth when you get 50% dmg increase on poison gate?
    This is what we did to nail it. Me as disc did almost 40% of the healing. Attonement with damage increase is so OP that its gonna give the kill to you.

All you need is the raid 40yards or closer to the boss. This doesnt feel crowded if done right. And runing from swipe is eez.

edit: typo
    There's a damage increase on the poison gate? Whaa? Is it a debuff on you or on the boss? I thought the damage increase didn't come til all the gates were down.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the information you are getting in here is not correct.

1) We actually currently have two choices for reforging. EITHER is considered acceptable.
    - Int > Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste
    &
    - Int > Spirit > Crit > Mastery> Haste

Now, with that said. For this SPECIFIC fight I believe Crit >Mastery. In this fight you are going to be Atonement healing via damaging the boss a good amount. Because of the damage increase that the boss takes throughout the fight this will likely be a HPS Increase over conventional healing methods. This can VERY CLEARLY be seen with a quick glance at World of Logs and the spell usage of top Disc priests.

As for Glyphs: The use of PW:S glyph is retarded for this fight. Roll with something like: Holy Fire, Smite & Penance.

Ok now on to the actual fight...

Are your melee interrupting the correct adds- mainly the dinomancers? People not standing in sand? Are dps that can dispel, helping? This fight should be able to be 2 healed very easily if everyone is doing there job correctly. Also, the more dps you have the quicker the adds will die which will actually make your job much easier.

As the fight goes on, do not forget that atonement becomes stronger and stronger on the boss.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    There's a damage increase on the poison gate? Whaa? Is it a debuff on you or on the boss? I thought the damage increase didn't come til all the gates were down.
    Boss gets a stacking debuff that increases its dmg taken by 50% for each gate he crashes into.
    Tbh you should go full atonement from the start, positioning can be awkward on that fight so atonement is win regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I feel dumb, I thought the debuff didnt happen to the end.. this changes everything!
    A smiting I will go!!!

^^ What he said

Each time Horridon smashes into a gate, using the orb of controll, he stacks a debuff causing him to take 50% additional damage per stack. Staks up to 4 times.

Hence, on the last gate you will rofl as you crit 300k on penance and just heal the shit out of everything.

Hope you get him down now!

Atonement is maxed at a percentage of the Priest's health now. It still receives some benefit from damage buffs, but nothing like previous tiers, and it's still great on Horridon.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wanna emphasize some more that the biggest mana drain is probably you Mass Dispelling people. You have 3 Healers, first gate is magic only. All 3 of you can dispel that. You should be fine with everyone just dispelling debuffs on cooldown. If you have too many debuffs, adds aren't dying fast enough = your raid's DPS is too low.

Also, if you have multiple debuffing adds up, I have found that they often cast the debuffs in succession, i.e. add #1 puts debuffs on 3 people, 2 secs later add #2 puts his debuffs on 3 people. If you don't dispel the first wave, you can dispel the 2-stack debuff completely on the second go.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Make sure your DPS are interrupting, and avoiding the damage that can be avoided (not standing in sand, not standing in front of basilisks, etc.) A lot of fights this tier will suck you dry if your DPS are sloppy. This will make it look like your healing is bad, when in reality it's the DPS taking too much damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Atonement is maxed at a percentage of the Priest's health now. It still receives some benefit from damage buffs, but nothing like previous tiers, and it's still great on Horridon.
    Anyone got a link to patch notes for this and/or know the details?

it appears when we are doing this fight that the add has a range on the debuff. If the tank + melee are the only ones in range (and you don't have more then 2 melee) then you only have to dispel those people which makes raid damage a joke. And like everyone else said, atonement is your friend