Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So the first numbers from WoL are in

and it looks like this
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...f_Thunder/hps/

A few Holy Priests on 25man, other than that it seems like people still are going with what they had in 5.1.

Will disc still be Bis in 10mans?
    Thoughts?

The problem with WoL right now is that all of those broken logs from PTR that people uploaded are being counted as live, current logs.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The problem with WoL right now is that all of those broken logs from PTR that people uploaded are being counted as live, current logs.
    True, some seem to be really short fights but few logs have always been like that. Ive checked thru a lot and the ones ive seen are all dated after patch was realeased, doesnt it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    True, some seem to be really short fights but few logs have always been like that. Ive checked thru a lot and the ones ive seen are all dated after patch was realeased, doesnt it matter?
    On PTR everyone had accesss to full T15 and ilvls were scaled. So yeah, they matter :\
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Speaking from a 25 PoV:
    Disc and Holy seem pretty balanced, first 2 fights favouring Disc quite heavily though.

I do get the impression that Disc is edging Holy though.

I suspect however that the Disc mechanics are somewhat better for 10 atm and Holy is more suited to 25. Me thinks Disc is the way to go for most fights in 10 man at the moment.

Yep first 2 fights definitely disc, after those haven't had an issue as Holy in 25 man.

Done up to the slime boss 25
    Disci and Holy are both good
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

I don't know, I did quite well as holy on Jin'rokh- don't be so quick to dismiss it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4999&e=5254

Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    I don't know, I did quite well as holy on Jin'rokh- don't be so quick to dismiss it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4999&e=5254
    Very nice, great job. Thanks for sharing

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    On PTR everyone had accesss to full T15 and ilvls were scaled. So yeah, they matter :\
    I meant that if the date of the log states that is after Patch day, doesnt that mean that the log was from that day or can it be a log that has been uplodaded today but the actualy raid was 1 month ago?

Deleted
    So far a lot of bosses are niche bosses for discipline. Low HPS and bursty. 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th boss

Deleted
    You can right now play all Bosses as both.

Both Use, if you play that way, mastery as Mainstat so you just need to respecc and fine. Just switch around how you like.

Deleted
    Actually the first few logs conclusively show that disc is not capable of outputting high HPS, exactly as predicted. It is balanced for niche discipline fights, with short burst phases interspersed with low level random damage, which is perfect for atonement. Disc is doing well on low HPS fights with lots of boom and bust

In particular Tortos and maegera have exactly the damage pattern that works perfectly with disc. Over time and as ppl learn the encouners the weakeness of the spec will be become a lot more apparent.

Was actually thinking about trying out more mastery as holy, would definitely help with the disc respecs not having to reforge constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Very nice, great job. Thanks for sharing
    You are welcome and thank you. Here is our log from tonight's Ji-Kun kill. Holy again did very well. I'm guessing not a lot of guilds have killed this yet because I have a #13 world ranking, but holy is definitely solid here. We made several attempts on Durumu, and holy is great for that one as well with all the movement involved.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j3...?s=2758&e=3284

P.S. Tonight I reforged to less mastery in favor of crit just to try it out. I definitely noticed a drop in my EoL healing. I'll probably be reforging back to more mastery tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ariahna; 2013-03-08 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree disc is the spec for Ji-kun. Disc is doing fairly well on most normal fights.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mtfz2...?s=1575&e=2007

Disc will always win with low dmg then short predictable burst. Especially since theres not a lot of dmg going out in normals. Like others have said discs' flaws will become apparent in heroics where damage will be higher and less predictable that's where holy will shine. It works our though since I'm still heavy mastery as disc I simply reforged a bit of haste for some holy breakpoints and I am set to change spec on a whim.

It's just as I said before: If you bring too many healers or there is not enough damage around disc (and hoypalas) will always show up first on meters - but that doesn't actually mean they are the strongest, just that their contribution is resolved first. If you find you need more healing, disc is not the place to look. The logs are misleading and depending on them too much to balance specs without thinking is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild just server transferred and we won't be able to do any sort of current tier raiding until we can get settled in and get some recruiting done so I don't anticipate being able to raid outside of pugs and LFR for a bit. That being said, I stepped into T14 LFR yesterday to have a look at the disc changes personally and it's made me pretty excited for the new LFR.

I really quite like the changes, they weren't too difficult to adjust to and now I can use much more of my toolbox instead of just spamming PoH all day if I want to feel most efficient.

I think it will be interesting to see what logs start to look like for fights where they're not being overhealed and there is enough damage to go around for other healers to heal up, particularly in comparison to holy priests and holy paladins.

Ji kun logs aren't correct if you don't sync many log because of the big zone
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jairash View Post
    Ji kun logs aren't correct if you don't sync many log because of the big zone
    As long as you log yourself your numbers will be fine. Everyone else though will be lower yes.

Here are some kills from 2 raids of 25N ToT:

Jin'rokh the Breaker
    Horridon
    Council of Elders
    Tortos
    Megaera
    Ji-Kun - rank 1 lols.
    Durumu the Forgotten
    Primordius
    Dark Animus

For the first boss, I did edge our Disc though I believe I was probably considerably more prepared than he was, though our Holy Pala rather beast-moded that fight.

Second boss is an obvious win for Discs.

There after the specs seem balanced though the higher the HPS requirement, the better Holy seems to be in comparison to Disc.