Deleted

Disc 2pc T15 vs 4pc T14

I don't have two pieces of T15 yet but I wonder if I should even bother taking the 4pc T14 out when I do.
    With Atonement being my top heal by far right now (at least on most fights) I wonder if the 4pc T14 isn't a lot stronger than the new 2pc.
    I tested my usual smite-rotation on the boss training dummy and got the following results using very similar items on the missing T14-slot:

with 4pc T14: 46-48k dps
    without 4pc T14: 40-42k dps

Since the heal itself is a lot stronger than the dps I do I'd say that's around 15k hps I would be losing if all I heal with is Atonement - or even more.
    And that doesn't even count in that more casts of Penance = more chances of sniping low-health players & more chances to quickly build up stacks on the tank for Prayer of Mending.

Now, what would I get with 2pc T15?
    I'm raiding 25man if that matters. I'll definitely use the 4pc T15, but is the 2pc even worth changing to?

2p T15 is practically useless for Disc. 4p Tier 14 is so good you can't replace it until potentially 4piece T15.

Good times. My Heroic Thunderforged chestpiece is sure looking pretty in my inventory while I can't replace any previous tier pieces!

* This is of course assuming you are Atonement healing the vast majority of damage - usually the case in 10man, I suspect 25man Disc priests may be more interested in the 2piece T15 since they focus Mastery and using actual healing spells... But - your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by Mythricia; 2013-03-20 at 04:23 PM.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Actually, respectfully I disagree. Especially if you have picked up higher heroic, and or thunderforged off pieces to compliment the 2pc T15. Does it get the same mileage as holy? No. But its still quite good. Basically every fight has pulsing damage and takes full advantage of the bonus.

Useless? Not by a long shot.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    * This is of course assuming you are Atonement healing the vast majority of damage - usually the case in 10man, I suspect 25man Disc priests may be more interested in the 2piece T15 since they focus Mastery and using actual healing spells... But - your mileage may vary.
    You do, even in 25man. Using "actual healing spells" is just inferior most of the time. At least hps-wise.

Typically, I will keep a PW:S up on the tank to keep rapture on CD, POM off of the raid/tank and full time atonement outside of spirit shelling predictable incoming damage spikes. So basically, POM is always used and always bouncing around. Its a great bonus that works out to 22%~ increase to POM if you let it go the full duration.

Super quick napkin math...

X + X(1.10) + X(1.21) + X(1.33) + X(1.46)

1000 + 1000(1.1) + 1000(1.21) + 1000(1.33) + 1000(1.46) = 6100

Baseline = 5000 with 4 jumps

5000 / 6100 = 1.22
    Last edited by Irielle; 2013-03-20 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    Actually, respectfully I disagree. Especially if you have picked up higher heroic, and or thunderforged off pieces to compliment the 2pc T15. Does it get the same mileage as holy? No. But its still quite good. Basically every fight has pulsing damage and takes full advantage of the bonus.

Useless? Not by a long shot.

Well, by a long shot, I also have to respectfully disagree with this. PoM is not worth the GCD often. The simple reason being, that if you have spare GCD's to cast, you don't really need that healing in the first place - if you do need the healing, you have more important spells to cast. The only time PoM really comes to use for a Disc that is focused on Atonement style healing (which they should be, for the most part) is when you're moving and all your instants are already on cooldown.

On all the Heroic ToT fights I did last week as Disc, PoM averaged about 1% of the total healing done. 20% of that was overhealing. On the contrary, up to 60% of my healing was based on Atonement, one way or another - or Aegis procs off Atonement making up the other 30%.... Some examples a bit less extreme than that, but still looking at Atonement and Aegis making up ~70% of the healing. Who in their right mind would want to add 1/3rd longer cooldown to their Penance which in itself is nearly 1/3rd of your Atonement healing?

Sorry, I can't find any reason I would want to buff PoM, which does 1% of my healing, and lose 3 seconds off Penance, one of the most important spells an Atonement priest has in their arsenal, if not 'the' most important spell besides Atonement itself.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Can you link me your logs? I'd love to see the breakdown. You also are gaining a ton of stats with new tier, thunderforged/heroic pieces which directly effect your spells...soo.

Sure, here's last weeks for Jin'Rokh, Ji-kun, and Horridon. Heroic logs despite flagged as invalid Normal kills by WoL.

There's also some Normal logs if you like:

Primordius (World rank 1 healing on that boss, spamming Holy Fire, Solace, and Penance for 5 minutes is so much fun).
    Lei Shen
    Council of Elders
    Twin Consorts

So the long and short of it is, sacrificing any Atonement healing is a really really really silly thing to do in the current state of things. I'm not saying the 2piece set is bad in an of itself, but it's meaningless in the face of 4piece Tier 14. When I eventually get 4 pieces of t15 tier I will swap, but I'm not even sure it'll do more healing. Maybe it will thanks to sheer improvement of Intellect and other stats. By the time I get 4 piece tier 15 it'll mean nothing anyway - as a priest healer I have no chance at tier tokens until progress is probably over, or everyone else on my token has their 4set.
    Last edited by Mythricia; 2013-03-20 at 05:32 PM.

With so many conq wearers in my current raid and vanq always dropping, I was only able to escape with 2/4 being heroic. I'm just not sure that the 4pc would still be worth it. But, you know I am more than willing to give it a shot. Can't hurt, simple swap back either way. My 2pc T15 was coined so no harm no foul.

With so many conq wearers in my current raid and vanq always dropping, I was only able to escape with 2/4 being heroic. I'm just not sure that the 4pc would still be worth it. But, you know I am more than willing to give it a shot. Can't hurt, simple swap back either way. My 2pc T15 was coined so no harm no foul.
    Well like I said in my first reply above, your mileage may vary. In my current healing situation healing is only part of the story, DPS is a really big deal in 10man Heroic progression. If you look over at damage done by me in the same logs, imagine adding that much health to the boss and ask me if we would have killed the boss if that was the case. For the heroic fights, the answer would probably have been "no".

4piece tier 14 buffs both healing and damage by a considerable amount, and both those metrics are very important, again, mostly in 10's where bringing 2 disc priests is like having 11 players in your raid, in terms of combined healing + damage done. Having 1 disc priest is, then, like having 10.5 players in your raid. That's a big deal in my opinion. No other healer spec can do this, so I try to make the most out of it.

I do agree that is a great benefit to have as much dmg going into the boss as disc priests do. It is really half a dps, especially on heroic horridon with the increased healing. I'm not above trying something new. Either way, its a pull or two and a gear swap. There is a considerable amount of stats to lose for me than what you currently have so its going just be something I have to test.

PoM is 250k healing + DA procs at a cost of 10k mana and 1 GCD. Assuming all the charges are used it's disc's second highest HPET spell behind the lvl 90 talents. If you rarely use PoM it obviously won't help much, but rarely using PoM in the first place seems silly. That said, T14 4pc is probably still stronger on most fights.

Typically, I will keep a PW:S up on the tank to keep rapture on CD, POM off of the raid/tank and full time atonement outside of spirit shelling predictable incoming damage spikes. So basically, POM is always used and always bouncing around. Its a great bonus that works out to 22%~ increase to POM if you let it go the full duration.

Super quick napkin math...

X + X(1.10) + X(1.21) + X(1.33) + X(1.46)

1000 + 1000(1.1) + 1000(1.21) + 1000(1.33) + 1000(1.46) = 6100

Baseline = 5000 with 4 jumps

5000 / 6100 = 1.22
    Unless you're using glyphed PoM, you missed a jump. It's a 28.5% increase to PoM unglyphed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I know this probably isn't the exactly correct thread to post this in, but instead of creating an entirely NEW thread...

How is the 4set bonus working out for healing? I assume most guilds gear DPS before healers, but hey...maybe someone out there has gotten it and has some notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I know this probably isn't the exactly correct thread to post this in, but instead of creating an entirely NEW thread...

How is the 4set bonus working out for healing? I assume most guilds gear DPS before healers, but hey...maybe someone out there has gotten it and has some notes?
    On PTR it was around ~5% of healing done.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    PoM is 250k healing + DA procs at a cost of 10k mana and 1 GCD. Assuming all the charges are used it's disc's second highest HPET spell behind the lvl 90 talents. If you rarely use PoM it obviously won't help much, but rarely using PoM in the first place seems silly. That said, T14 4pc is probably still stronger on most fights.
    Agreed, in most fights keeping PoM out and about on the raid should be one of your top priorities. If you were to check Adinne's healing calculator you can see the HPS breakdown of each spell, just google 'wow healing calculator'.