Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

TOT Trash, what's the point?

There's a shit load of difficult trash (the ones before ji Kun for example) that dont give rep past friendly or drop gear.

to artificially extend the length of the tier, and to keep people from thinking back to ToC.

IMO, the trash is there to add to the feeling of a massive citadel that has survived for a long time. However, there is a ton more trash in the first half of the instance and barely any in the second, so it does seem a little wierd. I don't mind it though.

I feel like, with the amount of trash, we should be seeing more trash drops. We have gotten one, but still its so much time wasted that could be used for progression.

There really is an awful lot of trash in the instance (only been through 4 bosses though). While I hear it gets better, the bridge trash on the way to horridon is completely annoying. It's not hard at all, just takes awhile.

Yeah, I think we've only gotten 1 drop so far, but imagine the outrage if they increased the drop rates on trash epics?

"BLIZZARD IS HANDING OUT 522 GEAR FOR THE CASUALS!"

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really do dislike the amount of trash, but with more gear, they're really not much of an issue. My least favorite are right before Ji-Kun and right before Durumu (that's as far as my group's gotten lol).

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Yeah, I think we've only gotten 1 drop so far, but imagine the outrage if they increased the drop rates on trash epics?

I've always thought they should just make it so that the first trash of the instance doesn't drop gear. (well since jin'rokh is easier than some of the trash I guess make that to horridon)

Deleted
    Trash is fine, but I'd add some 496 or 502 Ilvl trashdrops.

For the love of god stop giving out shitty proffesion scrolls as raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I really do dislike the amount of trash, but with more gear, they're really not much of an issue. My least favorite are right before Ji-Kun and right before Durumu (that's as far as my group's gotten lol).
    You can bypass the majority of the Ji'kun trash by not stepping on the objects that spawn the mobs. It's not hard at all. The only slightly annoying ones are the flies, since they don't move, and can aggro from wherever they want -.-

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post

more like

"BLIZZARD IS HANDING OUT 522 GEAR FOR THE BAD'S QQ" if anything that's what it'll be

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Before Ji-Kun was just hilarious when we hit that Sunday, I think everyone died at least twice, it was such a mess heh. The trash before Durumu seemed fairly easy for us, we just destroyed it quick for a few pulls on Durumu before the end of raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    more like

"BLIZZARD IS HANDING OUT 522 GEAR FOR THE BAD'S QQ" if anything that's what it'll be
    No the first one is more correct, because on waay too many forums is casual associated with bad. And waaaaaay too many bad players use being "casual" to excuse their badness although that could just be vocal minority.

This is interesting. I guess no matter what Blizz does it wrong. I thought everyone loved Vanilla and BC and that is when WOW was good. There was an ungodly amount of trash. They went the route of little or no trash and people cried that it wasn't EPIC anymore. Now there is medium trash (compared to Vanilla/BC) and people are upset.

So in summary:
    Lots of trash - People complain
    Medium trash - People complain
    No Trash - People complain
    "Peace is a lie"

Trash is there to prevent the ToC feeling of raiding a gauntlet and from raids to be just loot pinata...
    I don't really enjoy trash but understand that it is a necessary evil...

Trash is by nature pointless, that's why it is called trash, but bring a good living feeling to dungeons...
    And sorry to day, this trash isn't even bad on in such a great quantity... We had so much worse in the past (in both quantity and annoyance)

From my perspective a good use to trash would be to present the mechanics of the next boss, in a way you try an easy or less deadly version of some of the next boss mechanics...

But the way it is now, is meant just to annoy. DIMINISHED instead of ABSENT reputation gains would be a great way to keep the trash meaningful.

In the caverns there's a shit load of trash to emphazise that it's a forgotten place in Pandaria, all kinds of nasty shit is down there like the fungus guys and the nom nom snails. I think it gives it a nice atmosphere and adds to the feel, but at the same time I do think that there's a tad too much trash for its own good.

The point is to create the sense of an actual dungeon.

Most dungeons in role-playing games are about killing mobs and bosses, not just bosses, as well as avoiding traps, doing some platforming, etc. It's only in games like World of WarCraft where dungeon design has become so limited in scope that mobs and enviromental aspects had become negligible.

I think that you are looking at this wrong, looking for a reward in almost everything in a dungeon. The first and most important reward for clearing a dungeon should be to have fun, not get shinies.

And to some they are fun. I like them and so do most in my guild. It's fun to actually have to pay attention to the dungeons as a whole. I just wish there were more enviromental aspects, like traps, it's the thing that is missing to have an actual dungeon, and not a ladder of bosses as if we are playing World of Tekken.

Meh, I raid to kill bosses, trash is just an annoyance between bosses. When it is easy, its a nice break between killing bosses, when its hard/annoying, its a frustration between bosses.

I know I am in the minority but I really enjoyed ToGC, get in kill bosses, get out. We could raid that in 10 man and 25 man practically in one night.

Deleted
    Because instances with only bosses, while convenient, would be lacking in atmosphere.

It would seem pretty silly to imagine the Thunder Kings mighty citadel housing a handful of trolls, some things he's forgotten about in his basement and 3 other Mogu as his last line of defence.