Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I get it that Blizzard puts in much Trash to stretch Gametime and also to rid of all the Mechanics they deemed unworthy for Bosses but some of the ToT trash should go to hell and take the following with it:

- Ultraxion Roleplay Drakes
    - Prenerf 4.1 Zandalari Dungeons Trash <<< Harder than Bosses WTF?
    - Halls of Origination Troggs
    - Halls of Stone Dwarfs waves
    - Poison Immune Robots from the Burning Crusade Raids
    - MindControlling Bloodelves from Burning Crusade Raids
    - Spell Reflecting Anubisath Idols from AQ40
    Spider trash before Naxx40 Faerlina.
    Elementals before Ascendant Council.
    ALL OF HYJAL.

Few that come to mind.

I quite like the trash in the sense that when we were progressing, it helped us push more: "Come on guys, let's kill this boss now so we don't have to do it all over again on Sunday!" That said, I don't really like the trash before Dark Animus (though that might just be because we haven't quite figured it out. Quite sure going with hero and 2-3 pulls to get them down isn't intended!).
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

So far I've thoroughly enjoyed all the trash except for the trash before Council which is bland. Bridge trash and snails are my favorite.

Trash gives the epic feeling to the instance, and served as additional concentration on bosses, considering trash respawn and the likes. It just needs to be balanced. ToC had no trash and it was an horrendous instance. Some trash is just too annoying or takes too long (the magic immune casters in BWL were a pain, or the infamous Surpression Room before Broodlord).

Throne of Thunder trash seems balanced, although - as already stated - the first half of the instance has a lot more trash then the 2nd half, and some of it can be annoying (Ji'kun trash is annoying if people are just mucking about and not doing it properly). I don't mind it at all.

I like killing trash! Going straight from one boss to another is boring. I missed this feel of a huge dungeon that Naxx and Ulduar had!

I do agree there is too much trasj in ToT though. But I think as people get geared they will breeze through, like they did back in Naxx.

Trash is the main reason why I stopped raiding. I don't want to spend 1.5 hours of 4 every day just killing trash. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    In the caverns there's a shit load of trash to emphazise that it's a forgotten place in Pandaria, all kinds of nasty shit is down there like the fungus guys and the nom nom snails. I think it gives it a nice atmosphere and adds to the feel, but at the same time I do think that there's a tad too much trash for its own good.
    That trash was harder than any of the bosses inthere. The snails.. Were like the elevator-bosses

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    This is interesting. I guess no matter what Blizz does it wrong. I thought everyone loved Vanilla and BC and that is when WOW was good. There was an ungodly amount of trash. They went the route of little or no trash and people cried that it wasn't EPIC anymore. Now there is medium trash (compared to Vanilla/BC) and people are upset.

So in summary:
    Lots of trash - People complain
    Medium trash - People complain
    No Trash - People complain
    Occupational hazard when your audience is 10+ million people. Nothing you can do will please everyone. I empathize with Ghostcrawler.

Despite the fact that everyone now claims Ulduar was the greatest raid ever, I'm sure if we go back a few years, we'll find a good deal of people complaining about that raid as well. (IIRC, people felt Razorscale was overtuned?)

I hope they reduce the amounts of trash because it's really time consuming (spent the first 30 mins [1/6th of our raid time] of raid buffing up/summoning/clearing trash). If anything, I wish certain trash wouldn't respawn. IIRC, we had to re-clear some of the earlier trash when we went back into ToT.

Deleted
    I like the trash count, i just don't like some of the trash design. Stupid bridge trash for example, takes ages to clear just becuse it has this shitty healing taken debuff.
    I actually like the trash for the drops, we are 10-man guild with utter shite RNG on boss drops (like 1/2 of loot we got was shard food and some tiertokens even refused to drop - damn bug) but the trash actualy dropped us 2 thunderforged pieces - the same amount we had from bosses! And they were useful too!

I don't know what's the drop rate on 25-man but for 10-man it surely as hell speeds up gearing a lot. Fuck RNG and bloated loot tables.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Meh, I raid to kill bosses, trash is just an annoyance between bosses. When it is easy, its a nice break between killing bosses, when its hard/annoying, its a frustration between bosses.

I know I am in the minority but I really enjoyed ToGC, get in kill bosses, get out. We could raid that in 10 man and 25 man practically in one night.
    and then come to the forums, complaining your bored cause you clear raids in one sitting and have nothing else to do?

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Spider trash before Naxx40 Faerlina.
    Elementals before Ascendant Council.
    ALL OF HYJAL.

Few that come to mind.
    Hear, hear!

That trash did drop a ton of loot though. So many lollipop maces.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    and then come to the forums, complaining your bored cause you clear raids in one sitting and have nothing else to do?
    Fuck no, I quit raiding in the second wing of ICC because of the ridiculous time commitment of doing progress on 10 and 25 every week.

ToGC was the perfect length for the multiple raid lockout setup. ICC caused them to switch over to the single lockout, if it was that way from the beginning I probably wouldn't have gotten so burnt out.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-03-20 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Yeah, I think we've only gotten 1 drop so far, but imagine the outrage if they increased the drop rates on trash epics?

"BLIZZARD IS HANDING OUT 522 GEAR FOR THE CASUALS!"
    can also be 528 we had 3 trash drops last week in our full clear 1 was thunderforged.

To make the dungeon longer so that fanboys can say all wonderful things about how it's second Ulduar blah blah

Blackwing descent had about perfect amount of trash

i don't mind the trash in normal mode raids. decently geared raids can blow right through it. but god damn people are stupid with trash in raid finder.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Considering the trash has a 12 hour re-spawn timer, it's not all that bad (yes, we have had trash re-spawn after a long day of wiping on a boss!)

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    to artificially extend the length of the tier, and to keep people from thinking back to ToC.
    Because Blizzard clearly needs something to artificially gate content. It isn't like they have been giving us patches every 3 months and a 12 boss massive raid 6 months after an expansion release or anything. Oh wait...

So far the only complaints this tier has gotten is too many complex mechanics (baffling considering all the whining over how easy DS supposedly was) and "too" much trash. People are bending over backwards to find things to complain about now. I think that says a lot about the quality of the content being discussed.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    This is interesting. I guess no matter what Blizz does it wrong. I thought everyone loved Vanilla and BC and that is when WOW was good. There was an ungodly amount of trash. They went the route of little or no trash and people cried that it wasn't EPIC anymore. Now there is medium trash (compared to Vanilla/BC) and people are upset.

So in summary:
    Lots of trash - People complain
    Medium trash - People complain
    No Trash - People complain
    In all honesty many people here are so jaded and bitter that they have lost all objectivity so they just crap all over everything for the sake of it.

Too much trash is more annoying than difficult trash, although too much difficult trash is also annoying.

It's "meaning" is to be the guards/servants of the bosses we fight, I know its a scary thought that there may be alittle "rp" dropped into this mmoRPg but hey what are you gonna do.

heaven forbid an entire raid instance can't have time consuming trash to make it feel like you're going through a massive raid like ToT.