Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New movement hack or what?!

Take a look at this which happened to me today....

any info about this is much appreciated.
    Also, whatever this is, it's bollocks!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86590

Just jump. You jump an extra 10yards or so. Usually only usable in Pandaria but if you use it before joining the BG you take the buff yith wou.

EDIT: Proven wrong, disregard. :>
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Conditions, Essence of the Breeze, as I've just checked, no longer has the "Only useable in Pandaria" tag on it, so it can be used anywhere, including BGs

Quote Originally Posted by Conditions View Post

Just jump. You jump an extra 10yards or so. Usually only usable in Pandaria but if you use it before joining the BG you take the buff yith wou.
    Seems to be this indeed, however, I'm very sure that this is not intended to be working in battlegrounds. I suggest to report this so it can get fixed, because on a healer, it's just too stupid for words.

EDIT: Nevermind about my post, if guy above me is correct. In that case I need to get it myself

Now that's something that should get hotfixed.
    "I bring light where there is darkness. Hope where there is despair. Judgement where there is injustice. I AM PALADIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Conditions View Post

Pretty much this.

Killed that guy about 10 times and didn't get it so far.

I came across the other night in twin peaks, a mistweaver monk bunny hopping all over the place.

We managed to kill the bugger in the end, but it made any fighting to be hopelessly imbalanced with them having an unkillable healer.

Our team all reported him for exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I came across the other night in twin peaks, a mistweaver monk bunny hopping all over the place.

We managed to kill the bugger in the end, but it made any fighting to be hopelessly imbalanced with them having an unkillable healer.

Our team all reported him for exploiting.

I think its imbalanced that healers use rocket boots so i'm going to report them for exploiting next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I think its imbalanced that healers use rocket boots so i'm going to report them for exploiting next time.
    At the time nobody on my team knew it was this item, people were making accusations of teleport hacking and god knows what in chat with his jump spam.

Rocket boots have a cooldown, do not last an entire match, and are NOT spammable like this is.

Fact is this is a gamebreaking item bug in a BG, you will never catch a FC using one of these.
    Last edited by Briga; 2013-03-20 at 04:15 PM.

if you can use the rocketboots while holding the flag and have a perma rocket boots then yes. and while it is not really a exploit it was stupid to let it use in random bg's

Except you drop the flag if you use rocket boots. Sure it doesn't do much for non-CTF BG's, but in other BG's it's possible to stop someone from capping (AB, AV, BfG and IoC all rely on not being attacked while capping, SotA has no benefit as bombs take multiple runs to destroy a gate while the buff won't affect demolishers, SsM carts won't benefit from you moving faster, and I dare say ToK is the same story as WSG and TP). I guess I do agree about rocket boots in general, but it's more of the combination of it being an unkillable healer than being rocket boots in general (as they can serve a legit purpose for most classes).

This item shouldn't allow you to carry the flag. You can't carry it while stealthed or camo'd -- camo doesn't autobreak if you try to initially grab the flag, you can't even use deterrence -- the ability won't physically activate while you're carrying it. You can't mount up with it and both the Druid-carry bug and the multipassenger mount bugs were fixed long ago. The only thing you can do is use a potion of speed and the in-BG buff, but both those are available to anyone relatively easily.

This item, while also available to everyone, is still from a rare mob and not a guaranteed drop and most importantly, it's not removed when taking damage (which is a good thing considering the cooldown) and has a relatively long time for the buff itself. Since jumping doesn't have a cooldown (and so it shouldn't), this item shouldn't be usable in BG's, especially not while carrying the flag.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Made the sarcastic comment based on the person i quoted reporting because he deemed what the FC was doing was imbalanced based on his opinion. I assumed he had knowledge at the time of the incident as to what the FC was doing but he stated he did not so i apologize.

surprised this isn't hotfixed, ive actually not seen anyone use it yet in BGs, but it sounds kind of silly
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Now that's something that should get hotfixed.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Blue text indicates sarcasm or joking.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    surprised this isn't hotfixed, ive actually not seen anyone use it yet in BGs, but it sounds kind of silly
    I have this items for a while, it has a long cooldown so dont worry about it.
    This item is hilarious in pvp, and even more fun to use in bg's.

Stupid no one knew about it.. if u would go out and killed some rares u would either have it or checked wowhead on dropps.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    I have this items for a while, it has a long cooldown so dont worry about it.
    This item is hilarious in pvp, and even more fun to use in bg's.

Stupid no one knew about it.. if u would go out and killed some rares u would either have it or checked wowhead on dropps.

ive killed all the rares for the achev, never actually seen the item :P im not that fussed about getting it though.
    Too cool for a signature

Heh deleted it last week when I got it, didnt find any use for it.
    Didnt know of its BG use though

no longer has the "Only useable in Pandaria" tag on it, so it can be used anywhere, including BGs