View Poll Results: Are Night Elves mutated from Trolls via the Well of Eternity?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    96 76.80%
  • No

    21 16.80%
  • Unsure

    8 6.40%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I was glad to see it was trolls, but sad to hear it was an exiled version of night elves. It's like not liking any sort of religion and then finding out your entire family is made of ministers.
    Its more like you are a policeman that specialises in Narcotics and they were crack addicts, that were dumped on a boat and sent to another contentant for being decendants of demon worshippers who tried to commit genecide on an entire continents poor so only the rich would survive and if they had been successful would of been dead right along with the poor.

    Oh, and since you were not there at the time you didnt get blessed by Nozdormu to have eternal life so long as your world tree stood. =P

  2. #62
    there is a common misconception among wow players that the high/blood elves are descended from the same highbourne that brought the legion to azeroth. this is just blatantly wrong, the high/blood elves are descended from the faction of rebel highbourne that opposed queen azshara and were integral to victory in the war of the ancients.

    i suggest people read this page for further info

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dath%27Remar_Sunstrider

    the decedents of the highbourne who were with queen azshara were all either executed, turned into satyr, or sank to the bottom of the ocean and became naga
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  3. #63
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Personally, I hate night elves. They are very popular as DK tanks, hunters, and druids. But somewhere, likely another thread, I read about how the night elves are nothing more than mutated Trolls thanks to the magical power qualities of the Well of Eternity.

    I think it's amusing, that if this is true, they are pretty high and mighty for being a second-hand troll. Is anyone able to confirm this through any of the novels at all? I tried checking different web-sources, but they all use the term "possible, but unclear" and reference that it is coincidental that the only race living near the well at the time was Trolls.

    Just looking for a little confirmation that night elves aren't really elves at all.

    EDIT: Now that we have confirmed Night Elves are mutated trolls, I wonder how many people who strictly play Night Elves, or who have a Night Elf main are bothered by this Troll discovery in their ancestry.
    I love night elves. But yes, it was confirmed in one of the magazines Blizzard made some time ago.

    That said... it was always hinted that at least trolls and night elves had a common ancestor. So even if it is indeed not very cool, night elves are still elves, not trolls. But you know something funny? I see you have a blood elf avatar, you know what this means? Your favourite race is also one descended from trolls.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its more like you are a policeman that specialises in Narcotics and they were crack addicts, that were dumped on a boat and sent to another contentant for being decendants of demon worshippers who tried to commit genecide on an entire continents poor so only the rich would survive and if they had been successful would of been dead right along with the poor.

    Oh, and since you were not there at the time you didnt get blessed by Nozdormu to have eternal life so long as your world tree stood. =P
    please stop you are VERY misinformed
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #65
    I don't see why it would make a difference. Night elf decent from Trolls has been suspected long before it was confirmed.

    And why would it matter ayway? As a real life human it doesn't bother me that I'm a descendant of something that looks like this:
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

    Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they were booted out after being an integral part of beating back the demons, if it werent for dath'remars rebels tyrande would be dead, and they most likely wouldve lost the war since the highbourne rebels provided important information the druids would never have had.
    Them practicing the arcane arts was the reason for the sundering, and their refusal to stop practicing it was the reason they were exiled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but we dont know exactly how that works. did elune actually give birth to him? or did she help "create" him we dont know exactly. if she did thats kind of weird because it means some god thing hooked up with a giant deer, why? we dont know but shes obviously some kind of pervert O-O
    Yes, but you can't say "no they weren't" because from what cenarius looks like being half stag and half something else it's pretty clear to see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the satyr wasnt brough back to life, he was just changed back into a night elf out of his own selflessness to give a dying little girl his own heart.

    also we have no idea how powerful the naaru are we have only seen like 5 of them.
    Yeah, he lost his heart which he needed to live....

  7. #67
    I am Murloc! Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its more like you are a policeman that specialises in Narcotics and they were crack addicts, that were dumped on a boat and sent to another contentant for being decendants of demon worshippers who tried to commit genecide on an entire continents poor so only the rich would survive and if they had been successful would of been dead right along with the poor.

    Oh, and since you were not there at the time you didnt get blessed by Nozdormu to have eternal life so long as your world tree stood. =P

    Speaking of crack 0.o (it's going to take me a few minutes. I need to call Gary Busey and have him sort out this post)



    On Topic: It's kinda fun to learn all this stuff. Plus, it helps me make the decision to take the Pally and turn him into a Tauren

  8. #68
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there is a common misconception among wow players that the high/blood elves are descended from the same highbourne that brought the legion to azeroth. this is just blatantly wrong, the high/blood elves are descended from the faction of rebel highbourne that opposed queen azshara and were integral to victory in the war of the ancients.

    i suggest people read this page for further info

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Dath%27Remar_Sunstrider

    the decedents of the highbourne who were with queen azshara were all either executed, turned into satyr, or sank to the bottom of the ocean and became naga
    Not quite. In War of the Ancients there is only one caste of Highbourne. Azshara and Xavius managed to make contact with the demons, and all Highbourne helped bring demons to our world. The demon army had already started marching and killing... but the rebel Highbourne only left when they saw how some had been transformed into satyrs. They used the fact that Azshara had captured Tyrande since they knew otherwise the rebel force would not accept them.

    So overall, they helped summon demons too, they just started to regret it further down the line when they saw the carnage and saw how they'll look in the future, twisted ugly satyrs. And they got scared for their families more then themselves.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Them practicing the arcane arts was the reason for the sundering, and their refusal to stop practicing it was the reason they were exiled.



    Yes, but you can't say "no they weren't" because from what cenarius looks like being half stag and half something else it's pretty clear to see.



    Yeah, he lost his heart which he needed to live....
    yeah but night elves barely look any different from trolls, they are only slight changes. if elune made them in her image then that means that she had to have been a troll in the first place.

    it doesnt make any sense for their to be a god that looks like a troll with smoother skin to take trolls and give them smooth skin like hers when its already been confirmed it was exposure to the well that changed the dark trolls.

    elune cant look like a night elf because it wouldnt make sense
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #70
    I am Murloc! Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but night elves barely look any different from trolls, they are only slight changes. if elune made them in her image then that means that she had to have been a troll in the first place.

    it doesnt make any sense for their to be a god that looks like a troll with smoother skin to take trolls and give them smooth skin like hers when its already been confirmed it was exposure to the well that changed the dark trolls.

    elune cant look like a night elf because it wouldnt make sense
    This... makes sense.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    please stop you are VERY misinformed
    I was exagerating in the telling of the story to give it a negative spin, so chill. According to wow wiki not all the high borne surviving the sundering were the ones that opposed Azshara, but they were the ones touting arcane magic and spoke out against druidism, caused a calamity and since the druids refused to kill so many of their kin they went into exile.

    And Blood elves did not have the gift of immortality like the Night Elves.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Not quite. In War of the Ancients there is only one caste of Highbourne. Azshara and Xavius managed to make contact with the demons, and all Highbourne helped bring demons to our world. The demon army had already started marching and killing... but the rebel Highbourne only left when they saw how some had been transformed into satyrs. They used the fact that Azshara had captured Tyrande since they knew otherwise the rebel force would not accept them.

    So overall, they helped summon demons too, they just started to regret it further down the line when they saw the carnage and saw how they'll look in the future, twisted ugly satyrs. And they got scared for their families more then themselves.
    dath'remar had always opposed the summoning of the legion but he went along with it at first because to go against the queen would mean death, that also the same reason they didnt fight against the legion at first because the legion would kill anyone who went against them, they had to move in secret and had to wait for the right time.

    if they had just went up to the druid forces and were like "HEY DONT KILL US GUISE WERE ALL COOL" they wouldnt have believed them even with tyrandes orders they barely accepted them.

    point is night elves are douchebags and hypocrites. "arcane magic is not allowed under any circumstances OH THERES A BIG DRAGON IN THE SKY?? BRING ON THE ARCANE @_@"

    "The queen... she is mad." - dath'remar sunstrider
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-03-20 at 07:22 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  13. #73
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the satyr wasnt brough back to life, he was just changed back into a night elf out of his own selflessness to give a dying little girl his own heart.

    also we have no idea how powerful the naaru are we have only seen like 5 of them.
    He removed his heart. Sit and think on that. And yes, we only met a few naaru... but they all show similar powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I have heard of people who are bothered by it, mainly because it takes the "created by Elune" idea and throws it away, and some people don't like it for the same reason some people are offended if someone says we share a common ancestor with apes ("my grandfather was not a monkey"). I'm not sure if I like the idea because it robs the Night Elves some of their uniqueness, but in another way I like the idea of evolution in WoW. It makes a lot of sense. I think if someone should be offended, it should be the Troll fans, because that basically means Night Elves are more evolved than Trolls.
    Actually it doesn't really. Though it does change it as Elune didn't create night elves out of dirt, she still created them out of something else, out of trolls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but we dont know exactly how that works. did elune actually give birth to him? or did she help "create" him we dont know exactly. if she did thats kind of weird because it means some god thing hooked up with a giant deer, why? we dont know but shes obviously some kind of pervert O-O
    Look at Malfurion. Now look at Tyrande. NO actually! Look at Zaetar. Now look at Therazane's daughter. They had children. So while Elune at least had sex with an animal, Zaetar had sex with dirt. Yes, Elune is a pervert, but she's not alone in the Warcraft story. In fact, not even in reality. Look at all the people interested in Sylvannas. Now think what is Sylvannas, she's a decaying moving corpse.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    True, is very likely that Elune es not what we think she is, it have been said that is likely for her to be a Naaru (Not confirmed)

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:52 PM ----------

    I will copy something from Wowpedia, Note: that's an speculation

    Elune, once a mortal?

    While proven by Brann Bronzebeard's archaeological research that night elves were descended from trolls (dark trolls are their closest ancestors), and Zanza the Restless, a mortal becoming a powerful Loa, it is highly possible that Elune was once a mortal that ascended into a deity by the Well of Eternity's magics, transforming her to become more closely akin to the Titans' own image since the Well was their creation. This would explain why the night elves bear resemblance to the dryads and keepers of the grove, who themselves have a biological link to Elune herself. In addition, Elune might not be her 'mortal name' as their language had changed over the ages (from Zandali to Darnassian), and since the night elves revered her as the mother of their race, Elune might have been a powerful matriarch of her tribe, which fits the claim of her being the Night Warrior. Night elves sometimes refer to Elune as "the Great Mother",[20] although this is possibly due to her parentage of the revered Cenarius.
    It is impossible for Elune to be a naaru.
    I can talk about dryads/keepers (I don't see crystals coming out of them), her creating a race (moonkin, naaru never created a race), her altering a race fully (trolls to night elves, naaru couldn't even alter the broken draenei back, imagine all the support they'd have gotten if they'd have done that), her ressurecting the dead (satyr in Ashenvale, while naaru couldn't even cure the plague of undeath from Crusader Brindenbraid in Northrend), her connection to night (while naaru are connected to day, daylight), her being an opposite of An'she in tauren culture, which would set her as a different force then light, the fact that powers relating to Elune refer to star relating things (starfall, starsurge etc while naaru have no connection with cosmic motifs), the fact that naaru always presented themselves as how they actually look like and what they are (and Elune presented herself as a night elf look-alike, I mean this is the reason she made the night elves to look as they do), the fact that there's no ship in which a naaru could have landed as in Outland (Osh'gun is huge, it couldn't have gone unnoticed even by the night elves in Azshara's kingdom, let alone by other races), the night in Moonglade(since they partially removed how night looks in-game, not sure if there's still night in Moonglade, but before, there was always night in Moonglade, it was the land of eternal moonlight, moonlight triggered by Elune) etc.

    Everything else is just suppositions and fan lore.

  14. #74
    Oh, and to add insult to injury after the High Elves 'elected to leave' the Night Elves have gone back to allowing Night Elves to practice Arcane Magic.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no it doesnt
    Nice for quoting part of what I said. If you actually quoted everything you would have seen I said "but that's all based on your view of things.". Next time, don't be that guy.

  16. #76
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Elves evolved from trolls
    Humans are retard unwanted sons of Vrykul and the Vrykul were titan creations
    Gnomes and Dwarfs are titan constructs
    Orcs and Draneai come from another planet
    and goblins were just simple primitives that was only made intelligent thanks to there proximity to kajamite though its hinted they may have been around since the time of the old gods
    Don't forget for humans that they are unwanted children of Vrykul altered by Old Gods and turned from rock and metal to flesh in first place, vrykul who originally were titan creations.

    And goblins were slaves to trolls for a long time.

  17. #77
    Dreadlord Srg56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed location in southeast Asia
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Personally, I hate night elves. They are very popular as DK tanks, hunters, and druids. But somewhere, likely another thread, I read about how the night elves are nothing more than mutated Trolls thanks to the magical power qualities of the Well of Eternity.

    I think it's amusing, that if this is true, they are pretty high and mighty for being a second-hand troll. Is anyone able to confirm this through any of the novels at all? I tried checking different web-sources, but they all use the term "possible, but unclear" and reference that it is coincidental that the only race living near the well at the time was Trolls.

    Just looking for a little confirmation that night elves aren't really elves at all.

    EDIT: Now that we have confirmed Night Elves are mutated trolls, I wonder how many people who strictly play Night Elves, or who have a Night Elf main are bothered by this Troll discovery in their ancestry.
    Are you bothered by the fact that you have hominids in your ancestry? Also, your post confuses me. You see, you start like a normal poster, even though you claim to hate virtual pixels, then you continue with your personal bias and skewed perception. This is all fine (predictable) and dandy, but then you go apeshit roleplaying mode and finish with a "no true scotsman" fallacy even though elves do not really exist in the real world. It's like me bitching about how Skyrim dragons don't really look like dragons. How the puppies would i know?

    And all of that is coming from a guy who chooses as a posting and toon name Superman. I have a pet conspiracy theory that MMO champion employs people/mods to write posts such as this in an effort to gain more pageviews by using this very 'complex' tactic of "nerd baiting". Just check Kotaku, it's the pinnacle of nerd baiting yellow journalism.

    Son, if you're for real, then, wow... just wow.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-03-20 at 07:48 PM.

  18. #78
    I am Murloc! Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So while Elune at least had sex with an animal, Zaetar had sex with dirt. Yes, Elune is a pervert, but she's not alone in the Warcraft story. In fact, not even in reality. Look at all the people interested in Sylvannas. Now think what is Sylvannas, she's a decaying moving corpse.
    I spit my water everywhere. Thanks :P

  19. #79
    Night Elf: “We don’t want your kind around here anymore!”

    High Elf Decendant: “Fine! We’ll go practice our Arcane Studies on the other side of the planet!”

    Night Elf: “Good Riddance!”

    HighBorn, “Uh, Actually I’d like to stay and continue studying Arcane magic but I’ll behave.”

    Night Elf: “Shhh, just wait until thier boats are out of sight and we don’t care what you do.”

    HighBorn: “Kewl, can I be immortal too?”

    Night Elf: “Yeah yeah yeah, just smile and wave.”

  20. #80
    The Patient Valkari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Southcentral Alaska
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    EDIT: Now that we have confirmed Night Elves are mutated trolls, I wonder how many people who strictly play Night Elves, or who have a Night Elf main are bothered by this Troll discovery in their ancestry.
    You do realize that it would apply equally to Blood/High elves, right? (them being an offshoot of the NE and all)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •