View Poll Results: Are Night Elves mutated from Trolls via the Well of Eternity?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    96 76.80%
  • No

    21 16.80%
  • Unsure

    8 6.40%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Are you bothered by the fact that you have hominids in your ancestry? Also, your post confuses me. You see, you start like a normal poster, even though you claim to hate virtual pixels, then you continue with your personal bias and skewed perception. This is all fine (predictable) and dandy, but then you go apeshit roleplaying mode and finish with a "no true scotsman" fallacy even though elves do not really exist in the real world. It's like me bitching about how Skyrim dragons don't really look like dragons. How the puppies would i know?

    And all of that is coming from a guy who chooses as a posting and toon name Superman. I have a pet conspiracy theory that MMO champion employs people/mods to write posts such as this in an effort to gain more pageviews by using this very 'complex' tactic of "nerd baiting". Just check Kotaku, it's the same pinnacle of nerd baiting yellow journalism.

    Son, if you're for real, then, wow... just wow.
    First off, I'm not your son. Second, it was all broken down at the end of page one and the first half of page two. I hate night elves, and had no idea Belf were Nelfs without the well of eternity. So, thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Also, might behoove you to glance through the whole thread before replying. Cause now, you like the guy that just woke up and blurted the first thing to come to mind. Have a nice day.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    You do realize that it would apply equally to Blood/High elves, right? (them being an offshoot of the NE and all)
    Yes, and as I have told others through the end of page one and most of page 2, it kinda bums me out and has me ready to race change to Tauren. Thanks for stopping by though. Glad to see folks still read all 4 pages before just repeating what others said 2 pages ago

  2. #82
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but night elves barely look any different from trolls, they are only slight changes. if elune made them in her image then that means that she had to have been a troll in the first place.

    it doesnt make any sense for their to be a god that looks like a troll with smoother skin to take trolls and give them smooth skin like hers when its already been confirmed it was exposure to the well that changed the dark trolls.

    elune cant look like a night elf because it wouldnt make sense
    trolls look like night elves... ... ... really?

    Take a good look at a male night elf. Now take a look at a male troll. They look as similar as orcs and humans look.
    I mean just think, only resemblances (besides the clear ones, 2 legs, 2 arms), is that they both have long ears. The end. Goblins have long ears too by the way. Night elves and trolls don't even share same amount of fingers and toes!

    And you got it backwards. Night elves look like Elune, because Elune wanted so. Maybe she was a racist and didn't like how trolls looked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dath'remar had always opposed the summoning of the legion but he went along with it at first because to go against the queen would mean death, that also the same reason they didnt fight against the legion at first because the legion would kill anyone who went against them, they had to move in secret and had to wait for the right time.

    if they had just went up to the druid forces and were like "HEY DONT KILL US GUISE WERE ALL COOL" they wouldnt have believed them even with tyrandes orders they barely accepted them.

    point is night elves are douchebags and hypocrites. "arcane magic is not allowed under any circumstances OH THERES A BIG DRAGON IN THE SKY?? BRING ON THE ARCANE @_@"

    "The queen... she is mad." - dath'remar sunstrider
    Though what you say in first part is true, this is the same argument generals ordered to commit genocides in real life use. "I was ordered to". Does that make them less guilty of doing it?

    And night elves aren't hypocrites at all. They didn't use arcane magic and only accepted, but not easily, some group of Highbourne back after seeing the humans using magic safely, after having been helped by Jaina, a mage, after being in Northrend and seeing that mages (Dalaran) can do good too.
    And let's not forget that night elves were right originally. I mean, what did blood elves do once they left Kalimdor? They made a Sunwell, a source of power... which was in BC used to summon Kil'jaden... by blood elves. They also teached humans magic, without telling them of the Legion of course, leading to necromancy and similar things, Dalaran thinning the veil between us and the Legion, Archimode being summoned in Dalaran etc. The night elves were originally right, but their most important reason for not using magic was that it corrupts and it could summon the Legion. They saw that the corruption might not be so bad in humans and the Legion is already here.

    If anything, the Highbourne were the hypocrites. yes, they were night elves, so if you were talking about them, I agree. Why? Well they used magic, summoned demons... then they didn't stop, Illidan even made another Well, ensuring the Legion will come again. The high elves then made ANOTHER Well, it was like Well paradise everywhere.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    First off, I'm not your son. Second, it was all broken down at the end of page one and the first half of page two. I hate night elves, and had no idea Belf were Nelfs without the well of eternity. So, thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Also, might behoove you to glance through the whole thread before replying. Cause now, you like the guy that just woke up and blurted the first thing to come to mind. Have a nice day.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:51 PM ----------



    Yes, and as I have told others through the end of page one and most of page 2, it kinda bums me out and has me ready to race change to Tauren. Thanks for stopping by though. Glad to see folks still read all 4 pages before just repeating what others said 2 pages ago
    You should edit the 0 post with this or you'll get more people coming to say you're a blood elf. Just a suggestion.

  3. #83
    Man, OP you hate nightelves so much that you are willing to let some goblin invention turn you into a cud chewer. Thats some deep stuff.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    trolls look like night elves... ... ... really?

    Take a good look at a male night elf. Now take a look at a male troll. They look as similar as orcs and humans look.
    I mean just think, only resemblances (besides the clear ones, 2 legs, 2 arms), is that they both have long ears. The end. Goblins have long ears too by the way. Night elves and trolls don't even share same amount of fingers and toes!

    And you got it backwards. Night elves look like Elune, because Elune wanted so. Maybe she was a racist and didn't like how trolls looked.


    Though what you say in first part is true, this is the same argument generals ordered to commit genocides in real life use. "I was ordered to". Does that make them less guilty of doing it?

    And night elves aren't hypocrites at all. They didn't use arcane magic and only accepted, but not easily, some group of Highbourne back after seeing the humans using magic safely, after having been helped by Jaina, a mage, after being in Northrend and seeing that mages (Dalaran) can do good too.
    And let's not forget that night elves were right originally. I mean, what did blood elves do once they left Kalimdor? They made a Sunwell, a source of power... which was in BC used to summon Kil'jaden... by blood elves. They also teached humans magic, without telling them of the Legion of course, leading to necromancy and similar things, Dalaran thinning the veil between us and the Legion, Archimode being summoned in Dalaran etc. The night elves were originally right, but their most important reason for not using magic was that it corrupts and it could summon the Legion. They saw that the corruption might not be so bad in humans and the Legion is already here.

    If anything, the Highbourne were the hypocrites. yes, they were night elves, so if you were talking about them, I agree. Why? Well they used magic, summoned demons... then they didn't stop, Illidan even made another Well, ensuring the Legion will come again. The high elves then made ANOTHER Well, it was like Well paradise everywhere.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:58 PM ----------


    You should edit the 0 post with this or you'll get more people coming to say you're a blood elf. Just a suggestion.
    trolls and night elves look VERY similar, they are both typically tall and thin, both have long ear, both have sharp teeth, both worship "loa"/"ancients" which blizzard has said is pretty much the same thing, both have very similar skin colours.

    the big difference between the trolls and the night elves is simply tusks thats it the rest are minimal (bigger noses on average, biigger ears, varying numbers of fingers/toes"

    and it was confirmed on twitter that the zandalari never "stooped/hunched over" like normal trolls so thats a learned behavior not something that all trolls do. and considering that in real life animals exposed to things like radiation have shown to grow more fingers/toes/even whole appendeges like arms and legs, its not that far of a stretch to say a giant well filled with liquid magic of untold power could make a troll grow a few fingers and lose the big tusks.

    and its not exactly the same excuse, the highbourne were told the burning legion would come and give them untold power and make heaven on earth, they never told them "were gonna come and kill everyone who doesnt side with us" it was only after they showed up that they started killing people in which case dath'remar started plotting in secret. a better excuse would be say a spy hiding out in soviet russia during the cold war who at some point in order to prove he wasnt a spy had to kill someone, does that make him a communist? no it just means in times of war sometimes you have to do bad things in order to move forward.

    if dath'remar just started slinging spells at demons he wouldve been killed right away, when a slave in america tried to run away did he just start killing white people? no the slave had to plot and wait for the right moment.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 04:13 PM ----------

    also what did the high elves do when they landed? they CREATED THE GUARDIANS OF TIRISFAL. the group that combats the legion whenever it turns up. did it eventually backfire? yes because a selfish HUMAN wanted to keep the power for her son instead of following the rules. before that the guardians of tirisfal did a damn good job post poning any legion invasions

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 04:15 PM ----------

    also it wasnt the well that attracted the legion, it was the highbourne ABUSING the well that attracted them. the high/blood elves have ways of not lettign the sunwell be like a giant here we are sign for the legion and EVEN IF IT WAS. the legion already knows about azeroth telling them that azeroth is still around isnt going to change the fact they already know

    also, necromancy was ALWAYS outlawed in dalaran, it was kel'thuzad who broke those laws under the guidance of the lich king.

    one human breaking the law doesnt mean there was no law, if i go get in a car and drive over a bunch of civilians does that mean everyone does that with cars? no
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-03-20 at 08:18 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You should edit the 0 post with this or you'll get more people coming to say you're a blood elf. Just a suggestion.
    Agreed and done The convo has moved into a similar, yet alternate direction. I'm really enjoying the fact and theory behind elves. Not as bad as I thought. I guess I just hate the playable Night Elves, and not really the elves themselves

  6. #86
    All I can say is at least you can tell a male night elf from a female, I've never actually seen a male Blood Elf though... I guess they are like FFXI Mithra males.... heard of but never seen in public.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    All I can say is at least you can tell a male night elf from a female, I've never actually seen a male Blood Elf though... I guess they are like FFXI Mithra males.... heard of but never seen in public.
    Same theory applies to dwarves. The ones with shorter beards are the females. As for Male Blood Elves, we are easy to distinguish... we have more fabulous hair.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but night elves barely look any different from trolls, they are only slight changes. if elune made them in her image then that means that she had to have been a troll in the first place.

    it doesnt make any sense for their to be a god that looks like a troll with smoother skin to take trolls and give them smooth skin like hers when its already been confirmed it was exposure to the well that changed the dark trolls.

    elune cant look like a night elf because it wouldnt make sense
    They have a lot of differences, skin color, no tusks, posture, taller smoother hair, Trolls only have like 2 toes and 3 fingers or something, while night elves have 5 of each etc. I'm telling you though look at Cenarius Elunes child, then look at Cenarius' children. Cenarius comes from Elune, just because they are humanoids doesn't mean that Elune needs to be a troll. Night elves didn't evolve because that would take a huge amount of time, they were transformed. It's not just a coincidence that Cenarius looks so much like them.

  9. #89
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,630
    OP is in denial his shriveled blood elf is the weakened state of a proud night elf which was a superior state to a backwards, short-lived cannibal that couldn't read or write to save their own lives. Night Elves are superior to their progeny and their progenitors. It's canon, deal with it when you play your jealous lesser races.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    OP is in denial his shriveled blood elf is the weakened state of a proud night elf which was a superior state to a backwards, short-lived cannibal that couldn't read or write to save their own lives. Night Elves are superior to their progeny and their progenitors. It's canon, deal with it when you play your jealous lesser races.
    I'll buy 4 oz of whatever that is you're smokin

  11. #91
    Brewmaster Zangeiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Grilled Cheese Factory
    Posts
    1,269
    someone tell me how or who the hell breeded to make trolls -__-
    Clancy's watching.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    OP is in denial his shriveled blood elf is the weakened state of a proud night elf which was a superior state to a backwards, short-lived cannibal that couldn't read or write to save their own lives. Night Elves are superior to their progeny and their progenitors. It's canon, deal with it when you play your jealous lesser races.
    Yeah, that proud superior race is currently on their lowest.

  13. #93
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/06/kn...ths-creatures/

    I can't find ANY definitive facts about trolls... they are either made by the olds gods... or they were fallen gods... not sure.

  14. #94
    Dreadlord KenjiEvans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world in my head.
    Posts
    785
    They are not Mutated, they are Evolved.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    They are not Mutated, they are Evolved.
    I have a hard time equating a change that happened thousands (or millions) of years ago with something not still happening. If they "evolved", would they not still be evolving?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Are you bothered by the fact that you have hominids in your ancestry? Also, your post confuses me. You see, you start like a normal poster, even though you claim to hate virtual pixels, then you continue with your personal bias and skewed perception. This is all fine (predictable) and dandy, but then you go apeshit roleplaying mode and finish with a "no true scotsman" fallacy even though elves do not really exist in the real world. It's like me bitching about how Skyrim dragons don't really look like dragons. How the puppies would i know?

    And all of that is coming from a guy who chooses as a posting and toon name Superman. I have a pet conspiracy theory that MMO champion employs people/mods to write posts such as this in an effort to gain more pageviews by using this very 'complex' tactic of "nerd baiting". Just check Kotaku, it's the pinnacle of nerd baiting yellow journalism.

    Son, if you're for real, then, wow... just wow.
    Pfffffff, whahah that was a good read

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    [/COLOR]also what did the high elves do when they landed? they CREATED THE GUARDIANS OF TIRISFAL. the group that combats the legion whenever it turns up. did it eventually backfire? yes because a selfish HUMAN wanted to keep the power for her son instead of following the rules. before that the guardians of tirisfal did a damn good job post poning any legion invasions[COLOR="red"]
    The Guardians of Tirisfall were created by the Citystate of Dalaran, not by the High Elves (though they were involved in the creation of the group). It was an organization that was founded by a human nation with the assistance of elves, not by the elves. So... Yeah. That point, not so much.

    Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Guardians_of...n_of_the_Order

  18. #98
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymar View Post
    The Guardians of Tirisfall were created by the Citystate of Dalaran, not by the High Elves (though they were involved in the creation of the group). It was an organization that was founded by a human nation with the assistance of elves, not by the elves. So... Yeah. That point, not so much.

    Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Guardians_of...n_of_the_Order
    It was founded by both, it was more or less plan B, since plan A would be humans stopping practicing magic.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  19. #99
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    trolls and night elves look VERY similar, they are both typically tall and thin, both have long ear, both have sharp teeth, both worship "loa"/"ancients" which blizzard has said is pretty much the same thing, both have very similar skin colours.

    the big difference between the trolls and the night elves is simply tusks thats it the rest are minimal (bigger noses on average, biigger ears, varying numbers of fingers/toes"

    and it was confirmed on twitter that the zandalari never "stooped/hunched over" like normal trolls so thats a learned behavior not something that all trolls do. and considering that in real life animals exposed to things like radiation have shown to grow more fingers/toes/even whole appendeges like arms and legs, its not that far of a stretch to say a giant well filled with liquid magic of untold power could make a troll grow a few fingers and lose the big tusks.


    also what did the high elves do when they landed? they CREATED THE GUARDIANS OF TIRISFAL. the group that combats the legion whenever it turns up. did it eventually backfire? yes because a selfish HUMAN wanted to keep the power for her son instead of following the rules. before that the guardians of tirisfal did a damn good job post poning any legion invasions

    also it wasnt the well that attracted the legion, it was the highbourne ABUSING the well that attracted them. the high/blood elves have ways of not lettign the sunwell be like a giant here we are sign for the legion and EVEN IF IT WAS. the legion already knows about azeroth telling them that azeroth is still around isnt going to change the fact they already know

    also, necromancy was ALWAYS outlawed in dalaran, it was kel'thuzad who broke those laws under the guidance of the lich king.

    one human breaking the law doesnt mean there was no law, if i go get in a car and drive over a bunch of civilians does that mean everyone does that with cars? no
    Trolls and night elves don't look similar at all.
    Similarities: tall, long ears
    Differences:
    -night elves are straight and muscular, there are several different species of trolls, most seen until now are haunched or they are very bulky, even the zandalari trolls fron MoP are quite bodybuilder like, while night elves are fit-muscular.
    -night elves have straight and strong eyebrows, similar in consistency to cat whiskers at least in strengh, as something weaker wouldn't keep them straight, trolls do not
    -night elves have 5 toes and 5 fingers, trolls have 2 toes and 3 fingers
    -trolls have giant feet that are also resistant to cold, night elves do not
    -night elves only have hair on their head (well, and maybe intimate spots, but we don't know), while trolls are actually covered in a thin layer of fur (which would mean that it's not their skin that is blue and green and whatever, but their fur)
    "The forest trolls' bodies can support plant life to a limited extent due to a mutation that took place many millennia ago. A thin layer of moss will inevitably grow on the skin of a forest troll shortly after they are born, giving them their characteristic green coloring. Their moss-like skin color ranges from light green to blue and purple. However, the jungle trolls' bodies are covered in a short, soft fur which cause the trolls to appear purple or gray."
    -night elf eyes shine silver or gold, troll eyes do not
    -trolls seem to all have bent and big noses that take a large part of their face, night elves do not
    -trolls have very flashy head hair colours, reds, vibrant greens, turquoise, etc, night elves have colours that help them blend in the forest and snow in winterspring, not blend out of it like trolls seem to
    -trolls, both male and females have tusks coming from their lower jaw outside their mouths, night elves have fangs

    As for the Guardians of Tirisfal, they were created after high elves had shared magic with humans. So the high elves had been using magic for a few thousand years, they had shared magic with humans without telling them of the dangers... and only after the humans realized they created this forum for discussions.

    The Well of Eternity attracted the Legion because Sargeras thought he could use its powers to shape worlds again, like his fellow titans did. This is why Illidan was so blamed when he created the Second Well of Eternity, above which Nordrassil was planted. The high elves also made their own, the Sunwell, which fortunately was not as powerful as the Well under Nordrassil. It was powerful enough though to summon Kil'jaden. Archimode also could only be summoned in a place where the veil between our world and the world of magic was torn by reckless use of magic, Dalaran. And why was Dalaran a place where magic was used reckless? Because humans weren't told of the threat of the Legion, and when they found out it was a bit late.

    Yes, high elves did conceal their magic, but they also shared it with humans without telling them of the importance of also concealing theirs. Because they were reckless. Also, the Legion didn't care about Azeroth so much, there were billions of other worlds for them to conquer, Azeroth was just a drop of sand in the sea for them... except for the Well of Eternity. That is the reason the Legion was so interested in Azeroth in first place. Without it... there would be no importance to Azeroth for them anymore, it would be just a world that they'd conquer when they feel like it, so they wouldn't have bothered to attack systematically all the time. And let's not forget, the explosion of the original Well of Eternity made cracks in the surface of the planet itself... the Legion could have simply thought this planet was destroyed for good. In fact, until Aegwynn's meeting with Sargeras, there are no other attempts by the Burning Legion to get here, which confirms this idea to be true, they either didn't care or thought Azeroth was destroyed until reckless use of magic caught their attention yet again and they found out of the second Well of Eternity (why do you think Archimode was so hell bent on getting there as fast as possible?).

    True about necromancers.

  20. #100
    Why people care if NE evolved from troll? In the end they are differemt anyway and NEs are still not Trolls.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •