View Poll Results: Are Night Elves mutated from Trolls via the Well of Eternity?

Voters
125. This poll is closed
  • Yes

96 76.80%
  • No

21 16.80%
  • Unsure

8 6.40%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Night Elves: Mystery Solved - They are former trolls

Discussion confirms the history of all elves. Changing OP as it is no longer relevant to the current conversation.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-03-20 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Just looking for a little confirmation that night elves aren't really elves at all.
    But they are elves, even if they are evolved Trolls. The term evolve pretty much means "to become better". So calling them evolved trolls is saying they became better than trolls, but that's all based on your view of things.

Anyway:
    Blizzard's recent confirmation that the night elves have evolved from a tribe of dark trolls, who had settled at the shores of the Well of Eternity, draws a great many parallels to the Ascendence of Man in Stanley Kubrick's 1968 epic film 2001: A Space Odyssey. The Well of Eternity and the Monolith function as a very similar plot device: A gift from an otherwordly and god-like super intelligence (in World of Warcraft's case, the Titans) which was meant to gradually elevate the world's native creatures to higher states of being. Interestingly, the short story by Arthur C. Clarke from which the script of 2001: A Space Odyssey would eventually be derived is named The Sentinel.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Night_elves#...ernity_Origins
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It was confirmed in one of the WoW magazines (issue 4?) in a column written by Brann Bronzebeard.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    It was confirmed in one of the WoW magazines (issue 4?) in a column written by Brann Bronzebeard.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/World_of_War...lume_2_Issue_1 Is the one that confirmed it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But they are elves, even if they are evolved Trolls. The term evolve pretty much means "to become better". So calling them evolved trolls is saying they became better than trolls, but that's all based on your view of things.

Anyway:

So it is a certainty. Night elves came from Trolls. They must have updated that page. I would have sworn the History I read still showed an assumption. Then again, this source is the wowpedia. I think I saw mine on the wowwiki. It still seems like a credible story though.

Makes me smile knowing that Night Elves would not even be here had it not been for indigenous trolls.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 11:15 AM ----------

I would love to get some Night Elf players to chime in and tell me if it affects them one way of another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me smile knowing that Night Elves would not even be here had it not been for indigenous trolls.

I would love to get some Night Elf players to chime in and tell me if it affects them one way of another.
    What about Blood Elf players?

But as a person who has a Night Elf I don't mind it and at times like it. Evolution implies improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Not Sure. Anyone know where Blood Elf / High Elves came from?

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 11:19 AM ----------

http://www.wowwiki.com/History_of_the_blood_elves

I'm reading about it here.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 11:19 AM ----------

http://www.wowwiki.com/History_of_the_blood_elves

I'm reading about it here.
    Use this it is more up to date http://www.wowpedia.org/Blood_elf

And high/blood elves came from Night elves ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it as being an issue. Now they're not the same. A night elf isn't a troll any more than a troll is a night elf. 10,000+ years of genetic drift ensures that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks as though The Blood Elves used waters from the same well of eternity to enhance their magics, but it would seem they were always elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what word to use for their transformation but they originated from Night Elves who were exiled and were cut off from the Well of Eternity.

Werent Highborne(sort of like high elves?) evolved from Nelfs through the frequent use of arcane magic (which they later stopped using), and blood elves from the addiction of arcane magic?
    http://zinistra.deviantart.com/

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if sarcastic, but high elves came from night elves... so blood elves came from trolls, too. You seem to play a blood elf. Now let me ask, how does it affect you?
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Blood elves are the crack addicts of High elf society, high elves are the descendants of those who the night elves booted out of western Kalimdor for making deals with demons in return of wiping out all but those who were of noble blood and living in the city.

"The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their population in Quel'Thalas was slaughtered during the Third War.[2][3] Following this, 90% of these survivors changed their name to "blood elves" or sin'dorei (blood elves in Thalassian) in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven."

Wowpedia.

Edit: Also, they weren't called trolls, they were kaldorei. http://www.wowpedia.org/Kaldorei
    http://zinistra.deviantart.com/

Elves evolved from trolls
    Humans are retard unwanted sons of Vrykul and the Vrykul were titan creations
    Gnomes and Dwarfs are titan constructs
    Orcs and Draneai come from another planet
    and goblins were just simple primitives that was only made intelligent thanks to there proximity to kajamite though its hinted they may have been around since the time of the old gods

Deleted
    So it looks as though The Blood Elves used waters from the same well of eternity to enhance their magics, but it would seem they were always elves.
    lolwut?

Blood Elves are an off-shot from Night Elves. They're Highborne who changed after being forced to live in the Eastern Kingdoms and adapting to living during the day instead of the night and away from the Well of Eternity. Which would make them twice-mutated trolls.

All elves on Azeroth are descended from trolls. Enjoy.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the new Zandalari. They're the most night-elf like trolls in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post

But as a person who has a Night Elf I don't mind it and at times like it. Evolution implies improvement.
    Evolution isn't always an improvement, it's a synonym for adaptation. There are plenty of examples of evolutionary dead-ends.
    Last edited by Sergar; 2013-03-20 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Not sure if sarcastic, but high elves came from night elves... so blood elves came from trolls, too. You seem to play a blood elf. Now let me ask, how does it affect you?
    Actually... makes me a little sad that I am an arcane Highbourne version of a mutated troll. I figured we came from somewhere... didn't know it was night elves :P