Something I just don't understand

I have just started playing arena with my gf in 2s. She plays a resto druid and I play frost DK. First thing I notice when we start is that Army of the Dead cannot be used in arena. I figure this is ok as it appears to have an unfair advantage. I also understand that spells like Time Warp and Bloodlust are also not usable. I can also see why this is. What I don't get is that if I cannot use AotD then why can hunters use Stampede?? It really makes no sense.

So yeah. Seems weird to me

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, cooldowns that are higher than 5 min are not allowed in arenas. Not so long ago, Bloodlust/Time Warp/Heroism was allowed in arenas, because it is a 5 minute cooldown. This was obviously OP. Then Blizzard realized that could not stay in arenas, and removed it from arenas (this was during Cataclysm IIRC).

That's it.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Generally, cooldowns that are higher than 5 min are not allowed in arenas.
    Actually it's anything with a base cooldown of 10 minutes or longer. Bloodlust and such are an exception, they got disabled for arena because it was simply too strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    AotD is far more powerful then Stampede as it is now. So it has a longer cooldown and is not allowed in Arena.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Stampede is definitely not as strong as it was back in early MoP. Those of you who remember know what I'm talking about...
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.