1. #1
    Stood in the Fire aarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Grim Batol - eu
    Posts
    422

    World first race mainly horde...

    Is there a reason for this? I got told a while back that horde had better racials than Alliance (which i find hard to believe). Im taking it as just coincidence but i had to ask...

    I dont want stupid answers just saying 'cos horde is the best'! thats another topic and a matter of opinion

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / PoE
    Posts
    21,492
    Haha cmon you just answered your own question! It IS better racials.

    Example
    - Berserking

  3. #3
    Yeah for the min/maxers the racials are very beneficial. Alliance racials lean more towards PvP.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire aarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Grim Batol - eu
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Haha cmon you just answered your own question! It IS better racials.

    Example
    - Berserking
    I know but I didnt actually believe them, lol

  5. #5
    Horde has better pve racials - simple as that, while it doesn't matter at lower end, when you get into racing for world first, there's no reason not to go after miniscule performance increases.

  6. #6
    It's a coincedence and has nothing to do with something as silly as racials.

    You could force all the top 5 guilds to go Alliance and nothing would change.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Fiercon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    Is there a reason for this? I got told a while back that horde had better racials than Alliance (which i find hard to believe). Im taking it as just coincidence but i had to ask...

    I dont want stupid answers just saying 'cos horde is the best'! thats another topic and a matter of opinion
    I'm not going to say "'Cos horde is the best!" but I think it is somewhat related to that. I assume that early on in vanilla WoW was separted not only by factions but by age as well. At least I found a lot of immature (but not necessarily younger) players on alliance side (and I played both factions).

    I don't think that this is the case now anymore but since many of the high-end raiding guilds go back some expansions my guess would be that the simply drew from more focused faction of the game.

    An of course because horde is the best!

  8. #8
    God, I miss being horde. There is just something more satisfying being a giant tauren DK smashing stuff face in and not being able to fit through the largest of doors while mounted on my smallest mount. I went for the other extreme with a gnome when my guild transferred to alliance, just because gnomes are awesome .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotfix View Post
    It's a coincedence and has nothing to do with something as silly as racials.

    You could force all the top 5 guilds to go Alliance and nothing would change.
    You could give Usain Bolt some "OK" shoes and he'll still win the 100m sprint. Doesn't mean he won't get the best shoes on this planet for his races.

    Besides, you have to admit, losing a race (be it for 1st, 3rd or 10th place) by like a few hours would suck, and then you have to think, "what if we had better racials and didn't have that 1% wipe...". Basically, they will do everything they can to min/max their chances, and that includes raiding as horde.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotfix View Post
    It's a coincedence and has nothing to do with something as silly as racials.

    You could force all the top 5 guilds to go Alliance and nothing would change.
    that is what you say

    and this is what a top guild says
    However… There are classes that cannot be Pandas, or simply won’t be for the first tier of progress and this is the primary reason for the change. Horde racials have proved to be more beneficial and likely more suited to our play style in each past tier on boss fights that matter and this is a trend we expect to continue.
    http://www.methodwow.com/board/conte...d-Realm-Change

    I wonder whose opinion I should trust more...

  11. #11
    Titan peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in England.
    Posts
    13,751
    horde have had better pve racials for a while now, its true, they would still be top guilds if they went alliance, but at top end raiding like that every little bit matters so having the better pve racials is important.
    Signature pending

  12. #12
    When the top horde guilds got the Worgen racial nerfed at the last second, a good number of high-ish top guilds went horde.
    Moving in to mop, the remaining ones did.


    Alliance offers nothing in pve. The horde differences are huge, and are amplified on the hardest fights, which often emphasize burst. The imbalance is ludicrous, and now that all the guilds are horde, Blizzard will not address it- pretend that gnomes and humans offered similar dps to orcs and trolls, and then pretend that some fight was easier for alliance. The guild that was alliance would get it first, and the horde guilds would get the horde fights first. They fix this my making sure that there are no alliance fights to begin with. Example: Heroic blade lord puts a bleed out. Heroic spine offered tendons on timers such that the effect of zerking and blood fury was greatly emphasized. The first was first went live (and still has this restriction) where the mechanic can't be addressed by being a dwarf- this bleed is not cleared by stoneform. The second was intended.

    It is at this point intended that horde be better than alliance in pve. Fixing this will require either new people in change who desire balance (at the cost of upsetting the top guilds), or an organized group of guilds to demand it incessantly such that it actually happens (and being willing to address the imbalance by stopping sub instead of handing over money to upgrade to horde).

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire aarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Grim Batol - eu
    Posts
    422
    Thanks guys

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    You could give Usain Bolt some "OK" shoes and he'll still win the 100m sprint. Doesn't mean he won't get the best shoes on this planet for his races.

    Besides, you have to admit, losing a race (be it for 1st, 3rd or 10th place) by like a few hours would suck, and then you have to think, "what if we had better racials and didn't have that 1% wipe...". Basically, they will do everything they can to min/max their chances, and that includes raiding as horde.
    Agreed, it's not a case of "Horde racials are so powerful that it's much easier for Horde" it's a case of "Horde racials are marginally better, so the top Raiders will pick Horde."

  15. #15
    Think its also a case of consistancy.
    The 1% Hit/Expertise or 1% Crit for Worgen is the very minor racial advantages. If these where the only racials, and they were alliance they would swap to dwarf in they equip a mace, human if its a sword or worgen for the crit. (if not stay worgen if they can reforge out expertise)

    Troll: Berserk is strong. What within a fight you could gain maybe an additional half a hero.
    Orc: Racial is just weaker than a Trinket proc (maybe equal to at start).Probably strong at the start of expansions but as gear improves stats increase the advantage reduces.

    I won't say they are overpowered, but imagine there is a noticeable boost.

    There was huge controversy over trolls Beast slaying, 5% to beasts in a tier of a few beast bosses that can swing a raid (when you imagine there are probably a few 1-5% wipes during progress)

    Think a few can be tweaked to lessen their advantage:
    Troll
    4 minutes CD instead of 3 minutes. 10 minute fight: 0,4,8 rather than 0,3,6,9 and being used with other CDs (traditionally 3 minutes)
    or
    15% boost instead of 20%.

    Its not the same as removing them, and it does not destroy the abilities.

    Regarding people who say they offer next to no advantage then any nerfs to it will have no real effect of the races then. it merely wastes a little of blizzards time and it will have no effect on the race. If the racials do have an effect you may see a few swap factions or the members will race change within faction for a race they prefer rather than racial.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    I know but I didnt actually believe them, lol
    why wouldn't you believe them? have you watched some of the kills this tier? Dark animus vid was just released by method it was killed with 2 sec left on enrage cast. durumu was killed with 0.0 seconds left on enrage cast as it went off. Horridon was killed by multiple top 5 guilds AFTER enrage timer. At that level 1% is the difference between first and 5th.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •