Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Feather is the reason everyone is going Unholy

Quote Originally Posted by Hafizah View Post
    you can play unholy at council and tortos, maybe horridon and megaera hc. thats 4 of 12 bosses
    you can play everything cause unholy is the same as 2h frost in single target and dw frost suck for single. i cry cause im dw frost atm

Deleted
    dw is shit single target if you believe simcraft

you can play unholy at council and tortos, maybe horridon and megaera hc. thats 4 of 12 bosses
    Perhaps you should qualifiy that to say "I only think it's viable to play Unholy on those fights." If you look at the logs you'll see that for most of the fights on the tier Unholy has produced equal and sometimes superior results to Frost. You can also look at the number of Unholy players progressing in top tier guilds as ample evidence that Frost's superiority is not as clear cut as your lack of argumentation would suggest.

Deleted
    perhaps you go for unholy if you get a better 2h weapon, wich result in higher dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a fair number of them probably wanted to play unholy in the first place, but the vast majority probably feel like they are a couple %'s higher in damage than frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post
    Feather is the reason everyone is going Unholy
    I assume Feather with ShadoPan makes getting big Festerblight Dots easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    when i will have a good 2h i will switch to unholy cause they are so op for aoe fight.i will show the logs

frost logs heroic
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/ i work on this boss atm pulling around 175k dps

unholy logs heroic

also at full bis unholy will be the king of aoe for sure.

Not doubting unholys strength but frost has more multi utility and strengths, unholy has still been a debate to switch in my books but the biggest thing is that, you cannot use 25 man heroic logs as many are skewed and very few are posted yet. many top end guilds dont post logs yet

Also like many fights like garalon legs, it depends on the /roll on who gets to parse this week and gets priority on long aoes to up dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Because weapons don't exist, feathers are not so rare, and gear in general is not so rare.

Have a guess which spec scales with what?
    Feather not rare? Oh that's what you think Still stuck with x2 t14 trinkets. And for the ppl saying unholy is only good for a few fights, that ain't true at all, unholy is really good on pretty much all bosses when played right.
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2013-03-22 at 03:41 PM.

Feather is almost like Gurthalak was in Cataclysm. You get a huge boost when you get one, since you can get an additional 15k Str on your diseases :P

Make no mistake, Unholy is doing well on all sorts of add based fights. Burst or not, you can continue to rattle off huge AoE damage even after the mobs may have spread out, or you move to another target.

It requires a bit different gear/stats than Frost, but it's looking very good right now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to test Unholy out on Horridon and it was pretty beastly in LFR. I did 275k (without any determination buffs). Mainly just stayed on the boss on the first door and then helped with adds by spreading diseases on the higher HP adds.

Seemed to work really well without solely tunneling Horridon. I imagine results would be higher on Heroic considering you stay in the 200% phase for a lot longer. My blood plague was critting for like 240k once he smashed the fourth door.

as stated earlier, UH & frost have their advantages on different fights...it's coming down that DW Frost & UH are pretty close at the moment and I'd take it down to playstyle as well as, obviously, what weapon(s) you have available to yourself and what you could optimize better for yourself since UH & Frost have some different stat priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I had to test Unholy out on Horridon and it was pretty beastly in LFR. I did 275k (without any determination buffs). Mainly just stayed on the boss on the first door and then helped with adds by spreading diseases on the higher HP adds.

Seemed to work really well without solely tunneling Horridon. I imagine results would be higher on Heroic considering you stay in the 200% phase for a lot longer. My blood plague was critting for like 240k once he smashed the fourth door.
    Depends on where Horridon is tanked and where the adds are tanked. Sadly the way we do it, they aren't close enough to spread anything to.

Playing with a 2H weapon is more versatile since switching between the 2H specs only needs a push of a button, as your weapon and stat priorities stay the same. As DW it's harder to switch to a more single target centric spec for fights other than the few fights that require burst aoe you want to be DW for e.g. Megaera, and the dps increase on single target as 2H is substantial, mostly due to the Festerblight playstyle and the trinkets this tier (RPPM uptimes are bad for DW), but also when comparing to the standard playstyles of Unholy and 2H Frost. The recent howling blast nerf didn't leave much incentive to stay DW either, as you can put out similiar numbers on cleave/sustained aoe as Unholy, which works better on fights like Horridon and Tortos where the adds aren't stacked in HB splash range all of the time and include execute phases. DW excels on fights like Megaera where the adds are bursted down fast, but the problem with this is that extra damage on adds that get blown up either way in a matter of seconds mostly doesn't matter, although this depends on your raid comp and damage.

Why would you think Unholy is only viable on cleave? Festerblight tops single target. Unholy is optimal or good on 10/12 of the fights (viable on Megaera), exceptions being Ji-Kun and Primordius, which you want to go 2H Frost on from what I've heard about how the buffs work and about the ghoul despawning mid flight on Ji-Kun.