Cool Computer Building Question

Hello,

SO i mostly spend my days going to college and when i get home, playing wow.
    So currently i just have a Toshiba Satellite L450D-13X that i payed £300 for. To be honest it browses like a charm and i can take it into college and do all my school work etc on that but when it comes to gaming i get only 4FPS in World of Warcraft and aways have around 70ms latency.

I actually have a good connection with around a 4gb download speed and it is the top british provider.

Now my question is that i want to build a computer or desktop, whatever you want to call it. Now im no pro in computers so i am completely clueless to how to make one, what i need and all the other important things, but of course i have a budget too. Just being in college and not having a job yet i have a very small budget of £150-£250 and i would like some advice on what are the best things to get for that price and also what i need to make my gaming experience a lot better.

I will continue to use my laptop for browsing etc so the PC i make will be purely for gaming.

Thanks in advance for any reply's.

-HeyItsCaine

1. We need more info
    You set a budget, but didn't mention what needs to be included:
    - Computer (the "tower")
    - Monitor
    - Keyboard/Mouse
    - Windows license
    - Speakers/Headset

2. Budget too low.
    Even if the budget only needs to include the computer itself (without peripherals or windows/software), you won't get a computer for 250 GBP that performs significantly better than your laptop.

The cheapest configuration that will run games playable with higher than lowest settings, would be something like this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor (£92.34 @ Aria PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock FM2A55M-DGS Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard (£40.54 @ Ebuyer)
    Memory: Patriot Intel Extreme Master, Limited Ed 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£41.45 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£40.18 @ Dabs)
    Case: Inwin MANA136 WHITE ATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply (£45.54 @ CCL Computers)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£11.49 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £271.54
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-20 21:18 GMT+0000)

If you need all the other stuff too (windows, peripherals), then you can add another 200 GBP (monitor ~100, windows ~80, keyboard/mouse ~20)

what biernot said. and also checkout this subforum's stickys, they could be of use to you. especially this one:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil