1. #1

    Fire Mage 2T14 Question

    I apologies if there is already a thread on this…I can only find 4pc reference threads

    For Fire mages, do we want to drop the 2 piece T14 bonus for crit 522 ilvl gear?

    I currently have 496 T14 head and LFR 483 chest. I also have the T14 496 legs, hands and shoulder, but I have changed them out.

    Below is my armory profile.

    //us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazgrel/Preamo/advanced

    Thanks for the feedback!

  2. #2
    the t14 4 piece bonus was never really that good for fire imo..when I play fire I run with helm and chest from t14 and use other slots for crit gear but any two piece will do. The gloves off of Tortos are heavenly as well as the chest off of Council.

  3. #3
    Edit: Nvm too tired to read ><

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Edit: Nvm too tired to read ><
    But not that tired to be unhelpful.

    OP: I opened a thread asking about the same with you with some more details. Waiting for advice as well. Here is my thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...me-advice-here

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    But not that tired to be unhelpful.

    OP: I opened a thread asking about the same with you with some more details. Waiting for advice as well. Here is my thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...me-advice-here
    well basically my post was going on about a rant to OlorilSpinebreaker about OP asking about 2pc and not 4pc, i realised my error in reading, and deleted it as concur with everything he said.

    Basically, keep tier 14 head+chest, Get/use tier15 Legs, gloves + shoulders first, as they are the 3 items with crit in tier15. Then go for tier15 chest + the headpiece you linked in your other thread as that is the BiS off set piece.

    If i were OP i would also try and get normal chest from empress instead of lfr.
    Last edited by stX3; 2013-03-22 at 05:01 AM.

  6. #6
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Preamo View Post
    I apologies if there is already a thread on this…I can only find 4pc reference threads

    For Fire mages, do we want to drop the 2 piece T14 bonus for crit 522 ilvl gear?
    Nyeh... I'd say grab all 5 T14 pieces so you can mix/match and always have at least 2P T14 until you get 4P T15. That 2P T14 is so nice for us and makes up a huge portion of that Pyroblast nerf we got in 5.2.

  7. #7
    Completely Agree with Dragon, try get all the T14 Pieces so you can mix and match, 10% Pyro damage will not be made up purely by the stats on the 522 gear over the 496 ones, especially if upgraded.

    For me, I was luck enough to get the Thunderforged Crit helm and the Tier Gloves so I'll probably end up wearing the T14 Shoulders and Chest as the 522 Tier Legs and the VP Legs are a huge upgrade over the 496 Tier ones... Means I'll have to drop my 510 Garajal Crit shoulders for the 496 Tier ones though :/

  8. #8
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Pspsully View Post
    Completely Agree with Dragon, try get all the T14 Pieces so you can mix and match, 10% Pyro damage will not be made up purely by the stats on the 522 gear over the 496 ones, especially if upgraded.

    For me, I was luck enough to get the Thunderforged Crit helm and the Tier Gloves so I'll probably end up wearing the T14 Shoulders and Chest as the 522 Tier Legs and the VP Legs are a huge upgrade over the 496 Tier ones... Means I'll have to drop my 510 Garajal Crit shoulders for the 496 Tier ones though :/
    It's 8% actually.

    8% Buff from the 2P T14
    5.2 Patch Notes: 10% nerf

    But yeah, having all 5 T14 pieces will greatly help. My H T14 gloves are my BiS T14 pieces, but, sadly, I got the Vanq gloves, so I'll have to use chest and legs since they're the only pieces I don't have 522+ yet (kinda depends on my next T15 token)

  9. #9
    Awesome feedback, thanks!..

    I have all 5 pieces of T14 with the only caveat being my T14 chest is LFR

    Here is an interesting pseudo upgrade I am thinking of trying out. I have the 496 Sandals of the Unbidden and picked up (really for DE’ing purposes) Mar'li's Bloodstained Sandals. I figure with the crit; reforging spirit into hit; plus gem’ing 320 crit in the gem slot, it will be a dps upgrade because I will have more Crit (+367) and Int (+249) even though I lose 390 in mastery (because how I had it reforged). What do you guys think, ok move until I can get something better or am I smoking crack?

  10. #10
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by Preamo View Post
    Awesome feedback, thanks!..

    I have all 5 pieces of T14 with the only caveat being my T14 chest is LFR

    Here is an interesting pseudo upgrade I am thinking of trying out. I have the 496 Sandals of the Unbidden and picked up (really for DE’ing purposes) Mar'li's Bloodstained Sandals. I figure with the crit; reforging spirit into hit; plus gem’ing 320 crit in the gem slot, it will be a dps upgrade because I will have more Crit (+367) and Int (+249) even though I lose 390 in mastery (because how I had it reforged). What do you guys think, ok move until I can get something better or am I smoking crack?
    Well, I don't have the items in front of me, but lets assume for a moment that crit=master (it isn't even close but just for fun suspend reality for a moment). If that is the case then +367(crit)-390(mastery)= losing 23 "points". But you gain 249 int. All things considered, gailing 249 int is better than losing 23 of any stat.

    Again, crit is worth way more than mastery which makes my statement lean even more toward those new shoes being an upgrade for you for the time being.

    Wear the spirit, show it off... Then replace it as soon as possible
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 14/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  11. #11
    Should never disregard spirit ! after all one of the two BiS rings in tier14 had spirit ! :P

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Should never disregard spirit ! after all one of the two BiS rings in tier14 had spirit ! :P
    Haha I'm using Durumu's Captive Eyeball (spirit/crit ring with a socket) untill I get my second throne of thunder ring

  13. #13
    I wouldn't drop the 2pc t14, unless it were for 4pc t15.
    t14 Shoulders and Legs, are the obvious crap pieces, replacing them if you have them, should be a priority for sure.
    2pc t15 isn't THAT great, so if you only have heroic Chest and Gloves t14, I wouldn't use t15 gloves and break t14 2pc for a t15 2pc(for example).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •