Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Tool is being a bunch of Tools haha. Yeah so far I have found almost everything I have searched for. If I cant then I usually just listen to it on Youtube. I don't consider youtube piracy because they have like 1,000,000 views and Youtube would take that shit down if requested.
    thats just it though. they are constantly taking down music videos because they get flagged for copyright violation. unless the record company/video game company(in the case of game soundtracks) puts them up there through an official channel or something like that themselves technically they arent supposed to be there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    The music industry is dying and they know it. they are just trying to linger on for as long as possible before they no longer have a job. Piracy has never been what's killing them, it's that artists have become independent through youtube,facebook,twitter, spotify and whatnot medium there is to publish your work in. People still pay them but now they get the entirety of sales instead of a cut from their publishers.

The reason the industry doesn't want free music is because they want to milk the cow all by themselves before their line of work becomes extinct. I understand them in that. Let them have their moment, it will be short lasting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The faster you can drop the idea that the 'music industry' is some centralized, evil, money stealing singularity, the more educated you'll become about how it all currently works.
    Right, the RIAA, CRIA, BPI, IFPI, CISAC, SESAC, CMRRA, ASCAP, SoundExchange, and others most certainly do not exist and do not collude amongst each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Right, the RIAA, CRIA, BPI, IFPI, CISAC, SESAC, CMRRA, ASCAP, SoundExchange, and others most certainly do not exist and do not collude amongst each other.
    Nor do they represent every artist out there selling his / her / their works.

Nopes. Of course not.
    But they represent the music business/industry as a whole. Not every individual musician or producer, but the entire industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    The music industry is dying and they know it. they are just trying to linger on for as long as possible before they no longer have a job. Piracy has never been what's killing them, it's that artists have become independent through youtube,facebook,twitter, spotify and whatnot medium there is to publish your work in. People still pay them but now they get the entirety of sales instead of a cut from their publishers.
    Nearly everything in this paragraph is incorrect.. you realize that.... right?

Deleted
    Nearly everything in this paragraph is incorrect.. you realize that.... right?
    Why so? Isn't it the publishers and producers who make up the music industry? Isn't it them who control marketing and therefor sales?

I might be wrong though. In that case I apologize for fallacies written.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-22 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, SoundExchange does legally represent every single artist in the united states. All music royalties for terrestrial, satellite, and internet radio go through them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    All the major ones, and really shame on fucking you if your stealing from some small indie band that cant get on Spotify.
    Rammstein isn't major? Why is pirating so bad when the industries shit all over you? I both download and pay for things. I got more than 200 dvds, 50 cds, and almost all of the South Park seasons, but I got fucked by one of the seasons, since 2 extremely great episodes weren't there.