Poll: Is this class different enough for WoW?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Necromancers as a new playable class now! They are a MUST in any RPG that worth its salt... (assuming that WoW can still be considered an RPG, which I doubt)
    As much as I enjoyed putting together this class concept, I personally believe that the Necromancer theme is taken care of by the Death Knight class, and that the next class in WoW will be of a technological/mechanical theme.

Somehow you've managed to mock up a class idea for a Necromancer that isn't just 3 specs of Unholy DK and Warlock. I particularly like the idea of a Mail Agi-Melee Reaper class, though I don't think Corruption is an appropriate name for a healing spec. Heck, I'm not sure a healing spec would fit the Necromancer at all, as their class flavour would much rather suit a pure DPS class. The pattern of 2 ranged, 1 melee would work great in my opinion. I'm sure not many people would be terribly upset with another ranged pet spec, a regular caster spec and a melee spec.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Somehow you've managed to mock up a class idea for a Necromancer that isn't just 3 specs of Unholy DK and Warlock. I particularly like the idea of a Mail Agi-Melee Reaper class, though I don't think Corruption is an appropriate name for a healing spec. Heck, I'm not sure a healing spec would fit the Necromancer at all, as their class flavour would much rather suit a pure DPS class. The pattern of 2 ranged, 1 melee would work great in my opinion. I'm sure not many people would be terribly upset with another ranged pet spec, a regular caster spec and a melee spec.
    Yeah, I made the class hybrid because I don't believe that we're getting anymore all-DPS classes.

Thanks for the review. It was a fun challenge, and it seems that a lot of people enjoy the read.

10+ Year Old Account
    start working for Blizzard please

Like the idea, except "undeath" is a stupid name for the spec, and necromaners can not be healers. Thats like warlocks being healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks nice, but i think it's remain in shadow of you deamon hunter idea,which was brilliant btw and blizzard should justy copy/paste it into the game.

I'd rather them just make unholy dks more necromancer like through talents, if it can be worked in somehow, without it being boring and with it really being a highly noticeable chunk of the gameplay. Talking mostly about raising undead creatures.

Doesn't resemble DK or Warlocks at all.

Warlocks chose to expand their knowledge into demons and demonic spells as oppose to Necromancers sticking to 'undead' so to speak
    DK's are melee classes introduced by blizzard and I believe people don't have a clue when they say "Necromancers are DK's".

Introducing Necromancer as purely a range dps class would be very unique and interesting and similar to the OP's guide. I would like to see original Diablo2 bone necro spells like Bone Spirit, Bone Spear and of course you mentioned teeth which could work similar to Hunter's Multi Shot

Very well done. I would love to see necromancer's introduced as a pure range dps class in WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzN2nV View Post

Warlocks chose to expand their knowledge into demons and demonic spells as oppose to Necromancers sticking to 'undead' so to speak
    DK's are melee classes introduced by blizzard and I believe people don't have a clue when they say "Necromancers are DK's".

Introducing Necromancer as purely a range dps class would be very unique and interesting and similar to the OP's guide. I would like to see original Diablo2 bone necro spells like Bone Spirit, Bone Spear and of course you mentioned teeth which could work similar to Hunter's Multi Shot

Very well done. I would love to see necromancer's introduced as a pure range dps class in WoW
    Exactly. I agree with what was said.

Unfortunately there are still many ignorant people who believe that a Necromancer is a Warlock or that think that Necromancers and Death Knights can not coexist.

Surely if Blizzard wants, anything is possible.

Deleted
    Way to many classes already.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With the amount of abilities and classes WoW has it's going to be tough being original. I like the idea anyway. A good compromise between a Lock and DK. I'm sure if Blizzard were to handle something like this they would add some new mechanics to make it different from any current class.

Necromancer class is not needed, add a glyph of necromancy to warlocks and you got your necromancer.

Something else to use Int Mail? Yes please!

On a more serious note, fairly well put together. My only chief complaint is the heavy reliance on AI for undeath to work. Blizzard's pet AI is better than most, but there are still plenty of cases of pets doing nothing. There is a very strong theme carried over from the WC3 undead race, which is good. Managing a corpse resource that isn't "Either a drought or a flood" is always cool. Letting the occasional flood with a necro is the best part of the class, because you are literally throwing corpses at the enemy.

I would say that the reaper feels a little awkward, but I'd have to see it in actual effect.

Anyways, fun stuff. If it was around, I'd play it.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

No, Warlocks and Death Knights are Necromancers. There is no need to add a Necromancer class. Necromancer is a subclass, it's not some class independent from the Mage, Shadow Priest, Warlock, or Death Knight class.

Notice how Necromancy is called a School of the Arcane?

http://wowpedia.org/The_Schools_of_A...c_-_Necromancy

Abjuration is a School of the Arcane, like Necromancy. Just because Kael'thas was a practitioner of Abjuration doesn't mean he belonged to the "Abjurer" class, he was still a Mage.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-08-30 at 09:41 PM.

well, at least it is not another demon hunter / tinker thread.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Very interesting, would play. If subraces ever come to pass, I'd make a mag'har orc with this class and name them Ner'zhul. What would be awesome is if like DKs, they had exclusive customization, such as skull or bone paint, or even just the DK skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzN2nV View Post

7 month necro just to agree with the OP?

OP, I like the idea and would even roll it for an alt, but I don't really think it's unique enough from DKs and Warlocks to justify an entirely new class. What Blizz could do to address the necromancer class is give a 4th spec to either Warlocks or DKs and have your whole class idea covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome idea, but I would rather see a tech/gadget sort of class next. (Go go Tinker, I missed you from the tabletop game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    7 month necro just to agree with the OP?
    Only started playing WoW again few months ago and stumbled upon this post. Definitely the OP put quite some time and effort in.

Blizzard should hire this man lol !!

Need to get this post on Blizz General Forums and request for a sticky.