Poll: Is this class different enough for WoW?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Awesome idea, but I would rather see a tech/gadget sort of class next.
    agree. Necromancer feels more like diablo than warcraft.

just personally.
    Hi

No, because we have already too many classes.

Quote Originally Posted by AzN2nV View Post
    Only started playing WoW again few months ago and stumbled upon this post. Definitely the OP put quite some time and effort in.

Blizzard should hire this man lol !!

Need to get this post on Blizz General Forums and request for a sticky.
    Not really.....

Necromancer will never be a class. Necromancer is a sub-class.

And Blizzard has already rolled Necromancy into DK's and Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Awesome idea, but I would rather see a tech/gadget sort of class next. (Go go Tinker, I missed you from the tabletop game.)
    Feel free to check out my Tinker thread;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Idea-(Long)

- - - Updated - - -

Only started playing WoW again few months ago and stumbled upon this post. Definitely the OP put quite some time and effort in.

Thank you for the kind words.

I think you've only picked Mail armor because it's the least used, and would balance the amount of armor types. Personally I think that's silly, a Necro strikes me as cloth, changing that just to try to justify them belonging more in the current itemization is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard cannot even make 2 classes unique from each other, there's no way they'll make a necromancer class AND make it different from warlock/death knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always love your post's Teriz
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Unfortunately there are still many ignorant people who believe that a Necromancer is a Warlock or that think that Necromancers and Death Knights can not coexist.
    They're closely related to the ignorant people who believe that a Demon Hunter is a Warlock or that think that DHs and Hunters can not coexist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting idea, very good job.
    "Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world. From this seal shall arise the doom of men,who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own.Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit. Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control. Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair,"-Archimonde

What I think would be useful in every class proposal and what you have not provided would be what your intention for their DPS rotation/priority and healing priority and intended gameplay is.
    Just a list of abilities can be cool but not necessarily useful for evaluating the proposal.

Sometimes it seems like people just come up with a list of abilities, rather than considering how they would ideally be used.

This is the first class concept I've ever read. This wouldn't work or would require tons of fine-tuning, conceptual changes before going live but hey was a fun read.

10+ Year Old Account
    The class idea is great, and I know what I am about to state is purely a personal matter, though I would be quite heavily annoyed if Necromancer became a new class within the game. The sole reason of that is, my draenei Priest, who I have worked oh so hard on to forge his backstory, was a Priest who became one with the Auchenei, and you can only guess where that led him.

He did, however, escape Auchindoun before things got a bit too extreme, and he was left wandering Outland, alone, forced to use his grasp over Necromancy and shadow/void magic to combat the Burning Legion, who he has an unbreakable hatred for. Prior to his fall into the darkness, he was a very powerful Anchorite (draenei Priest), and in returning to his people, seeking to unlock his touch over the light which had become locked to him due to Necromancy, may have been one of the sole reasons he was not executed on the spot, though it came damn well close.

Anyway, my point is, a Priest is the best possible mix between somebody who has a grasp over both the darkness, and the light, and if Necromancer was released as a legitimate class, well... it just wouldn't feel the same in my shoes, you know? Knowing all of those awesome abilities exist out there in that class, though I could not transfer over, as I could not touch on the light side of my character. Aside from that, it would remove the uniqueness of the class from a roleplayer's perspective, and that'd also prove to be an annoyance for me. Just my piece of cake, and I would be fine if they just stuck with Death Knight's to fill the gap up with.

10+ Year Old Account

After 4 years, and dozens of threads like this, pretty sure Blizz doesn't require his services. Also pretty sure he posts in both places for the exposure.

Death knights have one spec revolving around necromancy. Frost and blood's only tie to necromancy seems to be army. I'm all for putting necromancy back into death knights but it's hardly there and besides death knights are more of the product of necromancy rather than necromancers themselves.

Undeath is my favorite thing in warcraft so I am all for necromancers.

I'm not sure that it makes sense for Goblins and Gnomes to be Necromancers. They have zero lore with necromancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs are necromancers. Why? DKs raise the dead. Necromancers raise the dead. Necromancers are spellcasters. DKs are spellcasters.

Now, I'm aware that Blizzard has gone out of its way to make DKs less "necromancer-y" by stripping away raise dead from blood and frost for little to no reason, but they still have army of the dead.

I'd be much more for making DKs more like necromancers than making necromancers unto themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    I'm not sure that it makes sense for Goblins and Gnomes to be Necromancers. They have zero lore with necromancy.
    Goblins had zero lore with priests and shamans, too...

And there ARE (or at least, were) gnomes in scholomance
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    DKs are necromancers. Why? DKs raise the dead. Necromancers raise the dead.
    Okay, the Paladins are Priests. Why? Paladins use the Light to heal. Priests used the Light to heal.

Necromancers are spellcasters. DKs are spellcasters.
    Okay, Priests are spellcasters. The Paladins are spellcasters (honestly I do not know what idea of ​​"spellcaster" you have, but if a Death Knight is a "spellcaster", then a Paladin also is).

Now, I'm aware that Blizzard has gone out of its way to make DKs less "necromancer-y" by stripping away raise dead from blood and frost for little to no reason, but they still have army of the dead.

I'd be much more for making DKs more like necromancers than making necromancers unto themselves.
    Exactly, we should also make the Paladins more "spiritual", and so we can eliminate the Priest class.

Goblins had zero lore with priests and shamans, too...

And there ARE (or at least, were) gnomes in scholomance
    There you are right, if Gnomes can be Priests or the Tauren can be Paladins ... anything can exist thanks to Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Okay, the Paladins are Priests. Why? Paladins use the Light to heal. Priests used the Light to heal.
    Paladins smack stuff with hammers as their primary means of attack. Priests shoot shadows at stuff as their primary means of attack.

Okay, Priests are spellcasters. The Paladins are spellcasters (honestly I do not know what idea of ​​"spellcaster" you have, but if a Death Knight is a "spellcaster", then a Paladin also is).
    DKs have a mastery of shadow, necromantic, frost, and blood magics, many of which are manifested into a diverse range of abilities which they use to assault their foes from a range along with their melee attacks, not the least of which is the ability to raise the dead.

Paladins have what... two spell attacks, that aren't basically them smacking stuff with a hammer?

Exactly, we should also make the Paladins more "spiritual", and so we can eliminate the Priest class.
    Shadow paladins don't make much sense.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-09-02 at 10:14 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is just amazing. People that say this is the same as DK and Warlock are just being ignorant. Again , very good work. I really hope this class comes out in WoW some day.

So you mean an Unholy Death Knight but as a spellcaster instead?