Poll: Is this class different enough for WoW?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I'm also not too keen on the "Undeath" name. I'll try to find something that works with it. I also agree with you about Crypt Lords and Lichs, so I updated the Undeath tree to make it more reasonable.

I like the changes. The Crypt Lord, Lich, and Soul Fusion stuff just seemed way over the top IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I like the changes. The Crypt Lord, Lich, and Soul Fusion stuff just seemed way over the top IMO.
    Thanks bro. I refined Undeath some more, but I'm still looking for a new name for the spec. I also may put together a mock talent tree but I'm not sure.

Yeah fair point. I guess we'll find out whenever the next class is announced. Ironically, I was able to get around the mail issue with Demon Hunters, but it has proven more difficult with Necromancers.
    What's funny is that if WoW were a more realistic world I could easily see magi wear leather and some slight chainmail, or even a little plate. War's not very nice and you can get easily hurt or killed. Having a bit of protection while still being able to move around pretty easily is important, and cloth, while lightweight, does not do anything for keeping you alive.

That's how I'd design an MMO... Light, Medium, and Heavy armor sets, with the different styles of armor (cloth, leather, mail, plate) combined in different ways.

Thanks man. I really hate the dumbing down of WoWs classes.
    Yeah, like I said, I understand where you're coming from. I personally didn't like the Soul Shard mechanic of yesteryear but I did like that it was a bit more immersive.

Your healing spec is, funnily enough, very similar to the design I had made for my Death Knights in Umbrus, this little project of mine. Necromancers are basically the equivalent of Warlocks in WoW (I.E. a pure damage class) but Death Knights literally control the powers of life and death (as opposed to undeath like in most fantasy words), so they have the ability to drain life from themselves and their enemies to heal and protect their allies / themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, of all the ideas presented here about the necromancers as a class, this is one of the best, no doubt.

Deleted
    I'd say no, but not because the idea isnt cool-it is cool, but because Necromancers aren't really viewed as a heroes in Azzeroth, in fact, they would be more hated than Warlocks, wich people see them as: Yeah, they are bad and summon demons to control them, but they are effective, and at least they dont raise the dead, wich is disgusting.

Necros would be even worse than DKs. But - hey, nice concept, even though half of its spells are taken from D2.

Just add a cross-spec that both DKs and warlocks could choose, and then have the abilities act differently depending on the class (whether the class was a warlock or DK).

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea....I always played Necromancers in GW 1/2. My mains in WoW are DK and warlock (evil me). Various other games always bin the evil Necromancer. I also wanted a bloody healing class... with lots of sacrifices. Which brings me to the point of what idea's I had reading this.

Dark Sacrifice: Effect: Halfs the target's heal by 50% And heals 5 most injured allies for 10% of their health. Basicly ment to be used on the Offtank with full healt that doesnt take dmg when 5 ppl in raid arent full healt. I think that would be a really intresting spell.

Unholy Ground: You target an area with unholy magic. If a target walks over the area, skeletal hands emerge from the ground and hold them in place for up to a minute (Chance to break when damaged)

Overal. Bone armor 30seconds to be immune or absorb dmg does seem bit to OP. Especialy with mail. Make it Absorb% of health like 10-20%. Would make up for shamans wearing shield.

More idea's to follow. I love this topic so ill fully support it.
    Last edited by Ademptio; 2013-04-05 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Honestly, of all the ideas presented here about the necromancers as a class, this is one of the best, no doubt.
    lol 2 week old dead topic and this is the constructive and quintessential post that puts it back on page 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    lol 2 week old dead topic and this is the constructive and quintessential post that puts it back on page 1.
    That is, anything for the necromancers! Necromancers deserve that and more (the High Elves as well, but that's another topic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    That is, anything for the necromancers! Necromancers deserve that and more (the High Elves as well, but that's another topic)
    OooooKaaaaaay. Sounds like you might need a little time away from the shiny window in front of you. Might I recommend:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    I love this idea....I always played Necromancers in GW 1/2. My mains in WoW are DK and warlock (evil me). Various other games always bin the evil Necromancer. I also wanted a bloody healing class... with lots of sacrifices. Which brings me to the point of what idea's I had reading this.

Dark Sacrifice: Effect: Halfs the target's heal by 50% And heals 5 most injured allies for 10% of their health. Basicly ment to be used on the Offtank with full healt that doesnt take dmg when 5 ppl in raid arent full healt. I think that would be a really intresting spell.

Unholy Ground: You target an area with unholy magic. If a target walks over the area, skeletal hands emerge from the ground and hold them in place for up to a minute (Chance to break when damaged)

Overal. Bone armor 30seconds to be immune or absorb dmg does seem bit to OP. Especialy with mail. Make it Absorb% of health like 10-20%. Would make up for shamans wearing shield.

More idea's to follow. I love this topic so ill fully support it.
    Thanks for the support and the ideas. I had no idea that anyone had responded to this topic, so I missed the more recent responses. I'll definitely take your ideas into consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone. Keep it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I support this my self. Hell the mine reason I play GW2 on the side is so I can have a Necromancer. But them being a mail class seems odd to me though.

It feels too much like a mixture of Death Knight and Warlock to me. I DO understand the difference, but honestly guys, who are we kidding?
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make this class my main for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably your best class idea so far, Teriz. Not because it sounds fun and it's good written, but because it sounds really possible! I mean, both your Demon Hunter and Ranged ideas are pretty neat, but both are kinda hard to implement seeing that there are classes filling those roles (hunters, locks, rogues...).

I love the Wagon idea. It's kinda hard to think a guy would carry a wagon like a pet, so I think that should change a little, but it is NO WAY close to DKs or Locks. It has a pretty new concept regarding the specs (specially the healing and bone - Reaper - ones). I mean, the storing corpses thing sounds fuckin' fun, but I can't imagine a huge Wagon following a player around...

Love it, even that I'm not a big fan of necromancy, death and shadowy classes, I'd definetely roll one!

EDIT: Regarding the "this looks like DK/lock" stuff, please elaborate... Locks were never centered in raising dead, but mostly centered on DEMONIC forces, as evoking demons or using prohibited spells. As for DKs, Blizzard changed them alot. The DKs are a mix of all 3 Undead heroes from WCIII and a Runemaster, imo, not a Melee-Necromancer.

Totally support the concept, it just sounds right! haha
    Last edited by Deadhank; 2013-04-28 at 07:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ur good at making classes

Deleted
    While nice, I fail to see why Draenei couldn't be necros. I mean Auchundiun is full of them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meat wagon corpses sounds like the soul shard system warlocks removed for QoL a while back

best Necromancer thread that I've read so far. good job. honestly, Necromancers and Demon Hunters should be added to the game. They're the two most wanted classes in the game, players have been hoping for them for years.

My bets are on the Demon hunters being implemented for the Legion expansion, and the Necromancers for the Old Gods one.