Elder Charms of Good Fortune?

I know that the Lesser charms are now converted to the new Mogu currency, is there any way to continue to get the Elder Charms for my alts that are still working their way through 5.0 LFR content? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the dailies on the Isle of Thunder. The chests, loot bags (both from mobs and the final daily for the day), and the treasure runs all drop Elder Charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Xunii View Post
    I know that the Lesser charms are now converted to the new Mogu currency, is there any way to continue to get the Elder Charms for my alts that are still working their way through 5.0 LFR content? Thanks!
    i got like 12 on my first day on the isle just from doing dailies and chest run, would e much faster then trying to collect and exchange into new ones, since youll want to save those for when your alt hits the new lfr content
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be doing them wrong. I got 0 for 3 characters doing 2 days each.

Yes you can still obtain them just need to get the from Trove of the Thunder King Scenario. Just run around the island till you find a chest with a key i guess is the simple way to put it.

The easiest way I've found to get them is to get a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen from one of the rares on Isle of Thunder King (or Treasure Troves around the isle, or the box you get from the dailies), and run the solo scenario. You can only get 1 key a week from a rare mob, 1 key from a chest.

Rare spawn map is available here:

http://wowrarespawns.blogspot.com/20...f-thunder.html

Treasure trove locations (TomTom really helps) here:
    http://www.wowhead.com/object=218593#comments

And I found this video extremely helpful for the scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UeWwfadByc

EDIT: I got 14 charms + Incantation of Vu (which lets you summon Vu and get a box that can drop 1-3 charms) from my last run using this on an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not the dailies that give the bulk of the elder charms, although you can find them in chests and occasional drops from specific npcs on the island as well as the arcane trove for your final daily. The Troves of the Thunder King scenario is where you'll get most of them. Even if you do nothing but clear the chests from the first room, you'll probably find 5-6 pretty easily. I've gotten as many as 15 in a single run.

If you get the treasure room keys from the rare mobs and the trove you can run the treasure room like twice a week. I got like 16 elder tokens just looting chests in there. I was actually able to get 3 keys in 1 week last week on my monk. 1 from rare, 1 from the chest you find around the island and 1 from the loot chest you get after completing all the dailies for the day. You can get so many coins it's crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten a few from pet battles. I get a lot of lesser charms, but a few elders too.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    killing a rare spawn will usually give you a key, once per week. (last week i had to kill three before i got my key so not garanteed) A key run will net you a lot of elder charms. Take your time and clear the first room of chests, make sure to do the jumping puzzles to get up to the chests higher up. This week I got 17 elder charms for my alt, the previous week I managed 18 plus 3 from a trove chest later that week. Treasure runs are incredibly easy and quick. Remember you can use coins on bosses in LFR over and over again in the same week. Dumped 6 coins on tsulong last week and got my staff /yay !

10+ Year Old Account
    wait, you can rerun LFR & then just use a coin for an extra chance at loot, even if you've already run it?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    wait, you can rerun LFR & then just use a coin for an extra chance at loot, even if you've already run it?
    yes. Doesn't work for world bosses but does for LFR. Pushed my druid from 467 to 482 last weekend by chain running ToES and HoF.

Here`s a few steps to do it- you don`t even have to do dailies unless you want extra.

1. Unlock Isle of Thunder
    2. Find a rare mob and hit it(It`s server tag) There are a few rares on the isle all with respawn timer about an hour, just pay attention to general chat and you`ll find one
    3. The rare mob will drop a key to the palace of Lei Shen, go to the Bleak Hollow where the Shado-pan are
    4. You will get a quest to do the Treasure Trove solo scenario, where you have a 5minute time limit to loot as many chests as possible. Avoid the traps and loot like crazy, you can get a lot of elder charms doing this. Like 12 of them depending how many chests you looted and your luck.

Thanks all... BIG help