Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The next best game.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Rift raiding is a lot like Vanilla/BC WoW. Lots of old-school hardcore raiding guilds like Afterlife actually siwtched games.
    Maybe "chocolate Rift" raiding was like vanilla/TBC WoW, but the current SL Rift raiding scene looks like a mess.

Move out of their parents basements

Be blinded by the sun.

Deleted
    "What would top end players do if WoW ended tomorrow? "

Get a job. A real one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    Jump off a cliff
    Made me laugh and quite possibly is accurate.

This is a ridiculous thread and seemingly born out of total boredom, mods please bury.

Path of Exile if WoW dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey P View Post
    Fap 10 chars

Infracted [Minor Spam]: Please post constructively [ML]
    So this was less constructive than the "jump off a cliff" or "be blinded by the sun" posts? I'd argue that wanking it is not only more constructive, but also a lot less harmful to yourself and other than inflicting blindness upon yourself or committing suicide.
    Last edited by Mikey P; 2013-05-03 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I dunno, it's not a given a WoW player would be good at LoL. WoW raiding is more about strategic thinking and memorizing the fight. LoL requires insane reflexes. Really old people (25y+) can play WoW and be world top raiders. Yet there's no old people playing LoL at that level.

LOL then there is no hope for me, I'm 30 , suppose I better go collect my pension lol.

As others have said, they would probably just move to another game.

Me personally I'd be sad to see wow end, but such is life, I would more than likely also find a new game to enjoy, though probably not as much as WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    "What would top end players do if WoW ended tomorrow? "

Get a job. A real one.
    Maybe you dint know but that is a real job for many of these players.Some of them playing another games so they wont need to scrach on their heads and thinking "WoW is end, now what..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    They would go play RIFT, i can't think of any alternative..
    No they would prbly retire, I dont think they would wanna level in another game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 04:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    RIFT have gone a long way since release with Storm Legion, but mmo's dont get a second chance, needs to be a brilliant success at launch or else its doomed to be dragged along the floor violently.

On topic i can imagine the more professional players would swap to a game like LoL or starcraft 2 etc to keep their streams profitable.
    Ya they prbly just play LoL or Dota. F2P games are becoming the thing now a days.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alkalined84 View Post
    I'd imagine if wow ended tomorrow, then the whole entire hardcore scene would just shift to another game.

Most of these guys play to be the best of something. If not wow, they'll find something else for sure. They would be pissed at first but they would get over it.
    HM SWTOR Raiding or Raiding in TERA , Hell even if GW2 got Raiding and added Trinity in them that would be a option too.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I assume they'd all go to Rift which would be the best alternative. At least for the PVE piece of it. It's not a very good alternative but if popular players who have an audience started webcasting and streaming from there it would pick things up after a while.
    I would agree there, its not a very good alternative, but it is the next best alternative at this time. But with Final Fantasy 14 ARR / Wildstar & Titan that could change soon. people could just wait for those games than pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Rift raiding is a lot like Vanilla/BC WoW. Lots of old-school hardcore raiding guilds like Afterlife actually siwtched games.
    They still raid in WoW aswell.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-03 at 08:22 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

a

Recently I have read a few threads about how insanely dedicated top end players get in both raids and PvP. The level of dedication they display is immense. Heck, some of them make a living on youtube videos from WoW or being really elite PvP players. So it got me thinking, what would they do if it just all suddenly ended tomorrow? All their time and effort, gone. Not willingly I might add.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 08:29 AM ----------

Recently I have read a few threads about how insanely dedicated top end players get in both raids and PvP. The level of dedication they display is immense. Heck, some of them make a living on youtube videos from WoW or being really elite PvP players. So it got me thinking, what would they do if it just all suddenly ended tomorrow? All their time and effort, gone. Not willingly I might add.