Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Horridon 10er heroic

We spent our second day at this encounter and it felt so terrible.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6twk8ui8rdk25m6q/

Our warri tank does not get aggro on every add(maybe we overnuke because of multidot?) and we are not sure which add has the priority. We focus on the 3 big adds until the dinomencer spawns which is nuked under 50% asap. Interrupting the adds gets better and we get nearly no poison debuff in good attempts.

Tanks: pala, warri
    heal: pala, diszi
    dd: moonkin, 2 frostmages, dk, affli, ele (backup rouge, enhancer and maybe shadow/hunter but they have troubles at the moment)

I would be very glad for every help you can offer

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    While im not informed well about heroic modes you may want to tell your warriortank to use his mocking banner on cooldown. Placed at the right time it gives him a lot of time in which he will only have to build up aggro, not running around collecting mobs.

If you can, tell your warlock to go Destruction. It's extremely powerful on this fight (huge ember regeneration and AoE potential, AoE dispels on gate one, soulburn sniping with Havoc for massive Horridon DPS).

Deleted
    A little more information could be helpful; which gate do you have the most problems with, how far into the fight have you gotten?

A few general tips:

- You have 2 paladins, BoP the Triple Puncture debuff away from the tank(s) during a charge.

- You can Spirit shell every Dire Call.

- Dispel the disease (3rd gate) and the curse (4th gate) as fast and often as possible. It is okay to let the disease stack to like 2-3 if you really have to do something else, but you have several people who can dispel it so it should be removed asap.

- On the 4th gate, don't kill all of the warbears at the same time. Then you will end up with several Beast Shamans, and that will hurt. Spread out, move away from totems and dispel the curse asap.

It's late and your log is in german so I can't understand a lot of it, but hope any of that helps.

Deleted
    Sorry for the German logs i change my Client to english this evening. Door 1 is no problem and the 2nd neither if nobody fails with a Kick or dies from aggro. At the 3rd door we use lust but we get killed either by the shout or during this face. We survived this door a few times but i think we had to much orbs in a Bad position. How do you move between door 3 and 4?

Have your Prot Paladin tank the adds at all time, bop the stacks of the warrior tank. get as many offspec dispells as possible and since you are doing 2 healers i would recommend Bloodlusting during the Wargod or during execute phase on Horridon.

My raid is going to start on heroic Horridon this Friday as well. Is this fight that tight on dps that it requires 2 heal? We have been healing it on normal with 3 healers (we almost always 3 heal everything...unless it's really a crazy dps race)

Because we might be running into problem if 2 heal is required....we have a resto druid, resto shaman and a disc priest. Only the disc priest is capable of going dps, but from what I've read up, disc will make the healing part a lot easier with atonment on boss and spirit shell...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahiro View Post
    My raid is going to start on heroic Horridon this Friday as well. Is this fight that tight on dps that it requires 2 heal? We have been healing it on normal with 3 healers (we almost always 3 heal everything...unless it's really a crazy dps race)

Because we might be running into problem if 2 heal is required....we have a resto druid, resto shaman and a disc priest. Only the disc priest is capable of going dps, but from what I've read up, disc will make the healing part a lot easier with atonment on boss and spirit shell...
    I have no clue about your gear but i really doubt u will be able to bring the required dps if u 3 heal this fight. We had some good progression on this boss and we did it with a priest and a paladin. If everything goes well during the gate phases the incoming dmg shouldn't be too high. The healing in p2 will be stressful tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahiro View Post

2 heal it. There's no need for 3 healers, and you'll want the extra dps. Disc is very nice for several reasons, but you can heal it with your druid and shaman aswell, but I'd take the priest because it just makes the fight easier.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    Sorry for the German logs i change my Client to english this evening. Door 1 is no problem and the 2nd neither if nobody fails with a Kick or dies from aggro. At the 3rd door we use lust but we get killed either by the shout or during this face. We survived this door a few times but i think we had to much orbs in a Bad position. How do you move between door 3 and 4?
    The Dire Call should not be a problem at the 3rd door if you Spirit Shell it, dispel diseases asap and move away from the frost orbs. I understand though, it can get a bit hectic there. There's a lot of space, take advantage of it.

We gradually move from the 3rd gate to the 4th, as soon as we are able to take the orb and break the gate we do so, finish off the adds and move to the 4th gate. Looking at our kill video, we are around the middle inbetween the 3rd and 4th gate as the last adds die.

We use BL as the War God spawns, the boss is then at ~50%.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2013-03-21 at 12:54 PM.

So my raids comp is:

tanks: Monk, Druid. dps: 2x shadow, ret, ele, surv, frost heals: pally, druid.

Our problem is that while one of our shadow priests does have a good disc healing OS, none of our other healers have a good dps OS and we dont have a bench to sit one of them on.

Do you think it would be possible to 2 heal this with a pally and druid? We do have 2 paladins in the raid so the BoPs should help with tank damage but disc just seems so amazing on this fight. I am trying to convince my guild to just do Ji-Kun as our 2nd heroic boss but if this boss can still be manageable with a druid and paladin healer then I wouldnt mind giving it a shot.

Yea my group is in the same situation. We run a priest, monk and pally for heals and while their OS sets are okay (maybe 490-495 ilvl), mine is by far the best for shadow spec (505 ilvl) and I can't honestly imagine bringing a 3rd melee to an already unforgiving fight for melee would be good since we also run no bench. I know it is possible to 3 heal with a disc priest (there's videos where they do) but I'm not sure how high the raid dps has to be to manage that. My group is probably just gonna try to 2 heal it tonight after only getting to the third gate 3 healing it Tuesday.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's the healer comp we are running, our tanks are prot warrior and blood DK though.

We have three melee DPS though which is kinda bad IMO. Last night was our second night on it and we are consistently getting to the last phase. Disc is REALLY good for this fight (initially I was on my disc priest) but we changed back to two healing it with me tanking because our other tanks are kinda new at picking up adds and being thrown into Horridon heroic isn't a good place to start.

With the healer comp we have all I can say is you will pay for mistakes. If you can do the first three doors with good interrupts and dispels, I see no reason why the comp will fail in the final phase. Your DPS and timing on the dinomancer is probably the most important thing when two healing without a disc priest. There are ways to time it such that Jalak and Horridons shout on Jalaks first roar, where a lot of videos I've seen have them intersecting on the third one. If you can beat Jalaks fourth roar (which isn't hard to do 2 healing) then you shouldn't NEED a disc priest. Having the third roar and a direcall go out within a couple seconds of each other will probably cause a wipe considering it does what 655k damage within a couple seconds of each other. Unless you have strong personals or a disc priest you aren't going to live through that.

On the flip side if direcall lines up with his first shout it only does 430k damage to everybody, which if starting at 100% health won't kill a single person.

Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    The Dire Call should not be a problem at the 3rd door if you Spirit Shell it, dispel diseases asap and move away from the frost orbs. I understand though, it can get a bit hectic there. There's a lot of space, take advantage of it.
    It's a bit chaotic to do spirit shell fine there, tbh, a cascade once it's done (if people are topped off) is more than enough. DA from atonement does most of the job.

Direcall is really only an issue after 4th door is closed, then you use raid cooldowns and you don't have to dodge much crap so THEN spirit shell works well. But at 3rd door.. unless the raid is really doing well at moving out so you don't get charged and don't have frozen orbs spawned on you, or an add on you, not much time to do PoH spam under spirit shell.

Honestly, healing not the issue there, if you dps the adds and interrupt/stun them properly, most of the crap won't happen. Issue is to have a proper raid composition that can dispell all types. Most of the damage is done because people fail at preventing it, if you do it right, there is almost no damage.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-03-21 at 07:12 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanJacket View Post
    So my raids comp is:

tanks: Monk, Druid. dps: 2x shadow, ret, ele, surv, frost heals: pally, druid.

Our problem is that while one of our shadow priests does have a good disc healing OS, none of our other healers have a good dps OS and we dont have a bench to sit one of them on.

Do you think it would be possible to 2 heal this with a pally and druid? We do have 2 paladins in the raid so the BoPs should help with tank damage but disc just seems so amazing on this fight. I am trying to convince my guild to just do Ji-Kun as our 2nd heroic boss but if this boss can still be manageable with a druid and paladin healer then I wouldnt mind giving it a shot.
    Of course it is possible to 2 heal with other classes than a disc priest, while they are very good they are not mandatory. But it will make the fight a lot easier.

Ji-Kun however is faceroll, and easier than Horridon imo. I do recommend trying Ji-Kun if your guild struggles on Horridon.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2013-03-21 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    Of course it is possible to 2 heal with other classes than a disc priest, while they are very good they are not mandatory. But it will make the fight a lot easier.

Ji-Kun however is faceroll, and easier than Horridon imo. I do recommend trying Ji-Kun if your guild struggles on Horridon.
    so whats different on ji-kun, just an extra add on the nests? (as well as more dmg/hp and whatnot). does it need a dedicated tank or?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    so whats different on ji-kun, just an extra add on the nests? (as well as more dmg/hp and whatnot). does it need a dedicated tank or?
    Yes, every 4th nest (I believe) have an add on them that needs to be tanked. I have healed a dk dps tanking it though, but it's not something I would prefer...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you say DPS tanking do you mean blood presence as frost, or do you mean blood spec with DPS gear on? How many healers did you use for Ji'kun?

Deleted
    He was frost with dps gear, just went blood presence and used a cd. It was not something we had planned for though.

We used 3 healers. There will be times when 2 nests will spawn at the same time and one of them requires a tank. That tank presumably needs healing, I was fine just healing through atonement but if you have a quill at the same time it will hurt and then I was actually healing him. The damage on the nests is rather low and I was healing it again only through atonement and Divine star, but if you get a quill at the same time people need healing.

Deleted
    So we could only spent a few attempts yesterday but it felt much better and we reach the 4th door.
    We should spread and kick everything and dispell of course. Do the casters on the warbears cast only if the bear is killed or not? I was told to kill them asap
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vyt4x6y41a5qzvyv/ now in english so maybe you can have a look on it
    i think our disc is not smiting enough and there are still other minor mistakes.
    thanks for your help so far

Deleted
    Our successful strat recap :

- Have one tank on Horridon uptil after 4th door, have a paladin bop remove his debuff. 2nd tank deals with all adds.

All doors:
    -Ideally you want to kill the 1st special add (walkers, priest, frosts, shamans) as soon as he spawns, before it ever gets to cast ANYTHING, this wont be the case on last 2 doors but you still want these to die fast.
    -Bring down dinomancer to 50% to be able to destroy a door, the faster you destroy a door, the less adds you will get.
    -Dispels are more effective than heal, if you can dispel, DO IT. Prioritize those who need it most (higher stacks, tanks, 2 debuffs etc)

Door 1 :
    - Kill walker 1, kick gators, focus walker 2, zerg dino on spawn, kill walker 2 and 3, focus horridon, let melee and tanks kill remaining trash.

Door 2 :
    - Attack 1st add but switch immediately to 1st priest. Kill it FAST, before it is able to cast anything. Focus second priest until dino spawn. Zerg dino and kill priest 2 and 3. Kill trash, use stuns to lower bleed debuffs.

Door 3 :
    -This door is in my opinion the most difficult as adds randomly attack and immune to taunts. Nuke and kill 2 first adds (thee can be stunned), Kill 1st Frostweaver, Nuke dino, Switch to 2nd Frostweaver HOWEVER, don't hesitate to kill/cc any trash especially low hp ones. Kill 2nd frostweaver then kill remaining trash, Kill 3rd frostweaver.
    NOTE: Trash adds will apply diseases. If you are able to dps on the move while kiting/snaring/ccing these adds, do it to relieve healers.

Door 4 :
    -Nuke 2 trash. Kill bear, Focus 1st shaman, Kill second flamecaster, Focus 1st shaman, Focus dino on spawn and kill shaman, KILL ALL REMAINING FLAMECASTERS (!!!!), Kill a bear and a shaman as a priority but don't hesitate to cleave kill 2nd bear. Kill 3rd shaman and move boss next to god spawn point.

Final phase :
    -Have your entire raid excluding tanks on the bosses flank in one tight spot to minimise raid movement and increase healing potential.
    -All people charged need to move right in front or right behind the boss, so he essentially never moves.
    -You will want to lust when god spawns. Nuke the god, all dps CDs on him. You want him only to do 2 raidwide AOEs.
    -1st god aoe will be very very close to the bosses dire call, you want all your raid to use a cooldown for this, and healthstone on whichever one hits you first. A priest bubble is great for this.
    -Healers, after this your absolute priority are the tanks. The raid won't take ANY damage until the next dire call after 2nd AOE, (roughly 1 minute). You have PLENTY of time for the raid to heal up through area heals etc. The tanks lives will however will be yoyoing on our screen, spam your fingers off on them and COMMUNICATE. Cooldowns are REQUIRED during this phase, line them up correctly.
    -Roughly every minute the boss will cast DIRE CALL, have your entire raid use a preventative cooldown for it, DO NOT HEAL YOUR RAID AFTERWARDS, heal your tanks (raid will not take damage for another minute, so 1 hp is fine!).
    -Most likely one of your tanks will die in this phase, Brez him up, if not available have your entire raid spread out, and pray. Most fights (looking a vids and our very own attempt) ends with the boss going after dps, if you've dpsed him enough you should be able to take him down.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWAqExAMAs
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-03-23 at 09:36 PM.