- 3 targets graph corrected
- files updated with 5.2
- result pushed to 110% haste (on my files only)
- graph update with 10k sp
- add DPET graph
- add AOE dps graph
This post is here to discuss about the mage bomb's DPS in regard of the haste.
All calculations was based on patch 5.1 (13/12/12 hotfixes) with 10k spell power.
All calculations was made on Excel (I will upload it when I have time). Haste is calculated with a resolution of 0.1%.
As pure mathematical calculation, it can be considered that: rotation is perfect, there's no lag, etc.
First: single target
- Frost Bomb is clearly ahead (+18%)
- Nether Tempest show a linear progression because the duration is also fluctuating with a maximum duration for each new ticks.
- Living Bomb show a better DPS just before each new ticks. Because the explosion is equal to 50% of the global damage, the fluctuating duration have a greater impact than added ticks.
Second: 2 targets
- Frost bomb is far behind (-38%) because it can only be cast once.
- Nether tempest take the lead as expected
- Living Bomb bad scaling is increase by the number of target receiving the explosion.
Third: 3 targets
Living bomb is far ahead until 37.5% haste where 3 Nether Tempest is closing the gap.
Damage Per Execute Time - 1 & 3 targets
dps AOE - 5 to 8 targets