Thread: Battlefield 4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    So they'll be showing gameplay on March 27th.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

Looking forward to it.
    Inb4 megathread?

On topic: I never played the Battlefield series, but BF3 really intrigued me, its a step away from that super fast paced action that you get with the Call of Duty series. Of course, Halo was my go-to FPS when I wanted a slower pace, but BF offers a somewhat slower experience than Halo, and on a larger scale.

Btw, when I say slower paced I don't mean it in a negative way, I just mean your not constantly getting adrenaline rushes (which can sometimes wear you out really quick depending on how your day is going), and that your actions are more important.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Can't wait for this. Shanghai is my favourite city, it's going to be brilliant.

I hope they add chinooks!
    Last edited by mmoc1204399cdd; 2013-03-23 at 06:14 AM.

Well, late last year, they supposedly had some "leaked" info about Battlefield 4.

-3 Factions(US, Russia, China/Eastern faction(WOOT!))
    -Claimed that Battlefield 3 was using only around 20% of the Frostbite 2 Engine's capacity and that Battlefield 4 would use around 70% of it this time.
    -More Squad features(BF2 Commorose??)
    -Battlefield Premium available from day 1(Yes please, at least for me)
    -Comes out on PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox720 and of course, PC.
    -Same 4 classes, but said to have more features
    -Commander Feature returns, but not same as in Battlefield 2
    -More Close Quarter Infantry maps at launch than BF3(A big plus for me personally, Grand Bazaar was the only CQC map in BF3 really, and even then it had the rain/fog)

10+ Year Old Account
    So much whine for nothing, let's just wait and see what the game will bring, okay ?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Is it gonna be like BF3 era? If so, why bother making 4. I want something like Battlefield 2142 was, or basically a futuristic scenario, not the same BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    The pic on the link at the top shows what looks like an M1 Ahbrams in the centre so probably similar era to BF3 :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    If so, then I lost all hope for Battlefield. Oh well At least there is Planetside 2.
    If it's gonna be anything like the 2142 era, why bother make a new one? the 2142 is already there. Your logic is way off, except for improved graphics.
    I hope for something modern non-sci-fi stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    EA and BF have just turned into this: How to make shitloads of money without caring about the players? There has been a TV missile bug ever since the release of the game and it hasn't been fixed yet. THey should fix their bloody game before release a new one.. Herp derp let's make a BF forum but let's not go there and read posts and respond to them! 7
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    I keep wiping the window to see but the dew comes back too fast!

Damnit I want to see behind the glass!

Deleted
    I will most likely get it and play it, but I'm not that excited unless they do something gameplay wise that is just so GOOD that I can't pass up on it.

I agree with the general consensus though, a futuristic game would be vastly preferable. As fun as BF3 is variation is never a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    my personal hope is they either remove or nerf the ammo bag so people dont infinitly frag all day every day

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I still play battlefield 2 sometimes
    id like to but i dont remember my original login info plus my special forces expansion box is gone and theres no way to get the booster packs back either
    i tried making a new account but you lose out on so many things

Deleted
    Videos games nowadays are losing their identities trying to fit in to what is popular. Which means we end up with 7 reskinned CoD games with very small differences.
    Games should be trying to be different from one another! Stop being so fucking stale!

What's with the modern trailer music? It's like recording random noise to a disc, give the disc for cat to play and then play and use the final "product" as the backround music. :/

Really annoying with trying to look these trailers.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

WTB 2143 aka good version of planetside 2.

I would like to have some of the modern mech(yes, there are actually war robots irl). BigDog is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNZPRsrwumQ Too bad i forgot the name of the remote controlled minitank with a turret.

Combine BigDog with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA and you'll get some real scary shit!

Or why not a primitive ironman suit? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViL4bAUGuGY

Deleted
    It is WAY too soon to be announcing BF4, even if its still in the early development stages. I Just finished reinstalling it with the likely hood of me buying the DLC's When I spotted that BF4 had been announced. Why should I spend money on a game that will be out dated shortly ? Typical EA money grabbing tactic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    It has to be A LOT less like CoD (BF3 felt way too much like that game) and ffs! BRING BACK THE COMMANDER ROLE like in Battlefield 2. That position was amazing, and a good commander won games!
    As much as I love the battlefield games... I too will have to wait and see what the game is really like.
    Sure, bring back command roll, But it has to be without, or a very long cooldown (Once / Twice per game) on the artillery. Most of the time I played on BF2 was running from cover to cover and being killed by artillery which was being spammed. This was neither fun or enjoyable. Once, Twice a round maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It is WAY too soon to be announcing BF4, even if its still in the early development stages. I Just finished reinstalling it with the likely hood of me buying the DLC's When I spotted that BF4 had been announced. Why should I spend money on a game that will be out dated shortly ? Typical EA money grabbing tactic imo.
    Welcome to modern world of gaming. Games with longevity provide no income compared to yearly releases so that's what will happen. It's also the reason there's no real mod support in any of these titles.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Welcome to modern world of gaming. Games with longevity provide no income compared to yearly releases so that's what will happen. It's also the reason there's no real mod support in any of these titles.
    Its more related to DLC that there is no mod support, if people could make there own content, why bother buying DLC? its quite logical actually.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay footage tomorrow!

Well those pictures look pretty amazing, going to be an interesting day tomorrow.
    Excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Not that thrilled. I'll wait with getting my hopes up. Their teaser felt far too much like BF3.
    Yah damn right?! They should have done soooooooooo much more in that 10 second teaser!
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK