Thread: Battlefield 4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    http://www.shopto.net/ I usually get pre-orders a day before and I live in a shitty area for deliveries.
    Thanks! Will probably try that then!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    Any ideas where the best place in the UK would be to pre-order it from, assuming I want the game case?
    I'm very nervous on pre-ordering from Game.
    So somewhere like Amazon? Play.com? Would either of these get me the game a day or 2 early?
    Don't preorder games.

It's a bad habit that really shouldn't coninue. If you can't help yourself at least wait until a week before release. You still get all the benefits, keep your cash for longer and run less risk compared to forking out money for a product 6 months in advance.

As for the actual game. I played BF3 intensively for a good 3 months and got more than my money's worth (especially considering I payed about 40 Euros for it). I still think it's a great game and I even think the DLC policy is "fair". I'm not a crack or anything but I think BF3 did almost everything right.

That's why BF4 seems kind of "meh" to me. I never enjoyed the BF3 campaign although I'm not quite sure why...as I do tend to enjoy CoD singleplayer. The aimbot AI and scripted events were a big source of frustration but even the game-play wasn't all that exciting.

Anyhow...unless they announce some really new and innovative Multiplayer features I don't see myself getting excited about the game. It's all just too generic.

Maybe it's time I looked at Arma 3 rather than Battlefield 4 for some online-FPS action. Ideally I'd like something in between but that's hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Anyhow...unless they announce some really new and innovative Multiplayer features I don't see myself getting excited about the game. It's all just too generic.

Maybe it's time I looked at Arma 3 rather than Battlefield 4 for some online-FPS action. Ideally I'd like something in between but that's hard to come by.
    Well from what I understand this BF4 is supposed to be "futuristic" and so maybe it'll move away from the generic military shooter. I'm just not sure where we'll find the medium between BF2142 and BF3. That and I hate the fact they showed a single player demo. A vast majority of players buy these games for the multiplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Don't preorder games.

It's a bad habit that really shouldn't coninue. If you can't help yourself at least wait until a week before release. You still get all the benefits, keep your cash for longer and run less risk compared to forking out money for a product 6 months in advance.

As for the actual game. I played BF3 intensively for a good 3 months and got more than my money's worth (especially considering I payed about 40 Euros for it). I still think it's a great game and I even think the DLC policy is "fair". I'm not a crack or anything but I think BF3 did almost everything right.

That's why BF4 seems kind of "meh" to me. I never enjoyed the BF3 campaign although I'm not quite sure why...as I do tend to enjoy CoD singleplayer. The aimbot AI and scripted events were a big source of frustration but even the game-play wasn't all that exciting.

Probably alot of people including me, bought bf3 because of the graphics. I was just stunned from the graphics at few first days i was playing it.
    I agree with preordering games, i probably wouldnt bought few dlcs for bf3, but premium gave it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Probably alot of people including me, bought bf3 because of the graphics. I was just stunned from the graphics at few first days i was playing it.
    I agree with preordering games, i probably wouldnt bought few dlcs for bf3, but premium gave it all.
    Premium was a great deal. Period. You practically saved yourself a DLC purchase, got premium queue priority and XP weekends. I think that was BF3's saving grace. The deals.

Now, BF4, I really am not that impressed. I have said it before and I will say it again. DICE should have focused on releasing more content for BF3, mod tools, game modes (BF2143 anyone? BF:BC3?) before moving in such a rush to BF4. Now, mind you, from what we have seen the single player campaign is looking good but the BF series is all about giant multiplayer gaming.

I'm not pre-ordering this. At least, I am not convinced yet.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    So I have recently read an article on PC Gamer, and they have announced the release date as 29-10-13

My biggest gripe is announcing DLCs and premium... they are milking the franchise so bad, and taking the piss a bit... but I suppose we do get decent amounts of content so...

However the return of the commander seat and the 3 factions <3

Apparently you can pre-order it on Battlelog now. And the normal version costs 500 Danish Kroner. That's more than a 25% increase compared to other "AAA"-titles here... I'm gonna skip this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Apparently you can pre-order it on Battlelog now. And the normal version costs 500 Danish Kroner. That's more than a 25% increase compared to other "AAA"-titles here... I'm gonna skip this one.
    Is that for premium yeah ?

Quote Originally Posted by SmartzEntertainment View Post
    Is that for premium yeah ?
    Nope. Standard edition, no extra bells or whistles.

Won't buy Battlefield after I burned my fingers on Battlefield 3.

- Premium queues
    - Shotty DLCs
    - Basicly zero patching going on outside DLC/Expansion patches
    - Horrendous bug-fixing
    - Started selling and promoting Battlefield 4 beta while there was still 2-3 expansions left to be released. (Obvious cash grab)
    - And massive amount of cheaters that wasn't dealt with.

I'm done with the BF IP.
    Last edited by neanoa; 2013-04-26 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    I'm really looking forward to battlefield 4 i'm hoping it will be on the new consoles

I am not touching BF4 at all. After playing BF3 for a bit and having to deal with all the DLC, I would not be back for BF4. Its an obvious cash cow, if you cannot admit that to your self well thats your problem. They should have made a BFBC3 instead of BF4. BFBC2 is far more balanced than BF3 and way better gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    I am not touching BF4 at all. After playing BF3 for a bit and having to deal with all the DLC, I would not be back for BF4. Its an obvious cash cow, if you cannot admit that to your self well thats your problem. They should have made a BFBC3 instead of BF4. BFBC2 is far more balanced than BF3 and way better gameplay.

Hate to break your heart but Bfbc + BFBC 2 were easily the 2 worst version of battlefield I have ever played. (1942, BF2) rank way a head of them.. just the sniping animation in itself is borderline stupid

bf3 has balance... stop playing tdm
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-07-06 at 02:57 PM.

So I guess there are not many here who plays Battlefield 4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    I play at least once per day. With a bunch of WoW buddies as well. The game is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    There's another, larger thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ht=battlefield
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.