Thread: Onyx panther

  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire DistortionSleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    440

    Onyx panther

    Some one is selling onyx panthers for 45k each is that legit? If I buy would I get in trouble? There is also some on AH for 45-50k

  2. #2
    It's quite obvious they are not legit.

    Those duped mounts have been available for months, I never heard of anyone who got problems after buying them.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,594
    Don't buy and try and resell, if you try and make gold off it you're likely to land in some trouble. If you buy one just to use it isn't likely anything will happen, though you still run a risk of losing the mount and not getting the gold back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  4. #4
    How could you get trouble for buying an item ?
    Also many players tranfer money from another serv with thoses panthers, but it's not forbidden at all.
    Requests : Open | Deviantart

  5. #5
    Possibly a server changer

    Go on the armory and see whos selling it if its a lvl 1 its more likely its a dupe and not someone who wants to take a hit so they can server change with there gold

  6. #6
    I just recently bought one of these for myself from a level one warrior who, after the transaction was made, asked me if wanted any more. Absolutely duped in my opinion, but I didn't really feel as if it were a risk as if anything comes of it I'll just say I thought it was a guy wanting to server change. Money well spent though, I absolutely love it; it's so shiny.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tacoma WA
    Posts
    587
    I see alot on my server goin for that much I bought one couldnt post it on the AH so instead I learned it

  8. #8
    There is no way of the buyer knowing whether the item is duped or not, or at least a way of Blizzard knowing that you know... If that makes sense. There is still a possibility, however unlikely, that it could be real. There are no consequences that Blizzard could give you because of that. You'll be fine if you purchase it.
    "Use the force harry." -Gandalf

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerschlag View Post
    There is no way of the buyer knowing whether the item is duped or not, or at least a way of Blizzard knowing that you know... If that makes sense. There is still a possibility, however unlikely, that it could be real. There are no consequences that Blizzard could give you because of that. You'll be fine if you purchase it.
    They can check chat logs to see if you know what you was buying wasnt legit

    So act as dumb as you can when buying something cause everything you say and do is logged

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    They can check chat logs to see if you know what you was buying wasnt legit

    So act as dumb as you can when buying something cause everything you say and do is logged
    And when it's in the AH, and not an in-person trade, how do chat logs factor in?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  11. #11
    Bought one for 32k a couple of weeks ago, not banned yet

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    And when it's in the AH, and not an in-person trade, how do chat logs factor in?
    I was really just talking about person to person transactions

    The ah is fine like i said just play it dumb and say you dont even know what the fuck dupe means

  13. #13
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,244
    they are obviously duped , goin on my realm for ~30k , theres no risk if you wanna buy one and learn it, you not gonna get banned or get it removed, was same case with crimson deathcharger at the end of cata. wouldnt risk buying them in bulks to make gold tho.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    WAIT, so that is illegal? o_0

    I thought it was just some new mount you can make or something and it was totally legit to sell. :O

    Glad I don't even have gold.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    WAIT, so that is illegal? o_0

    I thought it was just some new mount you can make or something and it was totally legit to sell. :O

    Glad I don't even have gold.
    It is, however the materials alone cost around 72k. I bought mine for 18k of the auction house. :|

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •