10+ Year Old Account

getting frustrated.

Not going to lie.
    I read this forum a lot, and don't post..really at all.
    I play aff lock, love my class.. but I'm not the uber nerd trying to trailblaze the best way to play...
    I depend on you all to help guide me with awesome guilds, informative websites, and at times trolling/witty comments..

That being said, lately I'm frustrated with this community...For the first time I really don't think there is a set in stone way to pay a class/spec(which is quite possibly a good thing.)

Sites, such as, here, Noxxic, and Ice veins (not limited to these in general) really seem to to be giving different info on how to best reforge, spec, and even play this Affliction. And honestly I'm frustrated.. but maybe it's a good thing? Maybe it IS good that there seems to be SO many different numbers out there using different info..

I'm in a casual raiding guild.. we farm MSV, Wiping on Amber Shaper still in HoF, and can't down horridion in ToT... and I'm okay with that
    I do 80-100k.. I'm okay with that...

I guess I'm just looking for validation that a for sure guide that was backed up by tons of other guides used to give me... ha

Man this post has been a huge intangible rant.
    Forgive me.

I don't even know what I wanted from this post now, like I'm said..frustrated. I think it was going to be able dropping my set bonuses for 502/522 gear.. no idea now ha

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple (my armory)

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is so close it seems to be more so that their are several ways to go. Just go with what you enjoy and should be fine.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Deleted
    I tend to agree, I do a lot of reading on sites like these and reforging/simming/tweaking and the differences are always marginal (as in <1%) and then when i look at my performance in an actual boss encounter, i think my time is better spent thinking how to approach a boss fight, i.e. the actual execution, rather than worrying about the theoretical maximum of my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    I tend to agree, I do a lot of reading on sites like these and reforging/simming/tweaking and the differences are always marginal (as in <1%) and then when i look at my performance in an actual boss encounter, i think my time is better spent thinking how to approach a boss fight, i.e. the actual execution, rather than worrying about the theoretical maximum of my setup.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Balanced as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Sites, such as, here, Noxxic, and Ice veins (not limited to these in general) really seem to to be giving different info on how to best reforge, spec, and even play this Affliction. And honestly I'm frustrated.. but maybe it's a good thing? Maybe it IS good that there seems to be SO many different numbers out there using different info..
    That's because there ARE many different ways of playing Afflicition and you shouldn't be limited to playing it one way or the other. Instead you should be flexible with how you can play the spec. Many encounters favour one style of play vs the other and there will very likely never be a "definitive" way to play it unless Blizzard changes something significantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks guys!
    I'm more frustrated about my reforges with go sup right now...
    Just think it looks wrong (as aff)

Deleted
    For gear and rota and such you mainly need to know things approximately well, not 100% exact. However the more you know of your class mechanics and game in general the better you will be at adapting diff situations, so keep studying the class. Weed out the big errors in your play. Guides usually give you good idea what you need to focus on to improve the most.

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    thanks guys!
    I'm more frustrated about my reforges with go sup right now...
    Just think it looks wrong (as aff)
    Unless Armory is just trolling me you're reforges (and gems for that matter) are wrong for GoSup...17% hit is excessive, your haste is far too low (you should be at least hitting the 6637 breakpoint, and the 9780 if you can) since your pet doesn't scale with Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now is an excellent time to be a warlock. You can legitimately play whatever spec makes you the happiest and be competitive. Some people (including me) often feel pigeonholed into a specific spec for maximum dps. Though there will always likely be one spec that consistently edges ahead, right now for the first time in a long time (perhaps ever) that you can be ok with whatever one you like the most.

Enjoy it while you can. Not complaining, it just is what it is - warlock history shows us that it won't last.

This kind of things tends to frustrate when you think its the things that really matter.

When there are no clear way to spec+talent+reforge and many people say different stuff, it probably just means it (or one aspect of it) doesn't matter and you should spend time elsewhere.

When there is a clear winner stat (or loser stat, like crit for Affli) it becomes a consensus quite quickly with both sims and WoL to back it up. When there are none, like the current destro reforge discussion, it just means reforge benefits are marginal and should fit the fight and/or playstyle.
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Unless Armory is just trolling me you're reforges (and gems for that matter) are wrong for GoSup...17% hit is excessive, your haste is far too low (you should be at least hitting the 6637 breakpoint, and the 9780 if you can) since your pet doesn't scale with Mastery.

I think it's trolling you!
    It's 14% or lower...

But all my hit is reforged to haste or Mastery..

my mastery is crazy right now 8.6k

so take some mastery away and give it to haste to the breakpoint?

Deleted
    idd, armory is trolling you hard, for example it says i have like 16,51% hit but in reality i have 490 expertise AND 4632 which would put me at 5122 hit and hitcapped.

Anyway, you'd be better off stacking haste to either 6637 or 9780 if you're playing GoSup. Even if you're playing GoSac go up to at least 6637 haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Anyway, you'd be better off stacking haste to either 6637 or 9780 if you're playing GoSup. Even if you're playing GoSac go up to at least 6637 haste.
    I was at a haste threshold then i got new gear.. guess it was poorly itemized.. lost my threshold even with AMR's suggestions...

In other news I've been playing with Destruction while LFRing and wiping on my green fire quest, I kinda like it.