Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Summonable bosses on Isle of Thunder - what's the point?

I'm not sure I understand why these bosses exist.

They don't really drop anything except a really low chance at a low quality epic. I know there's an achievment for killing all of them, and a weekly quest for a little gold and VP, but is that really their only purpose? The rewards just seem very meager, and barely even worth it.

I just don't see any real motivation to summon them, and I'm having a hard time understanding what the point of them is. What was Blizzard's intent?

They're a somewhat major feature of the Isle of Thunder, but they don't really do anything...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    We kill them because we can. Why do we do anything in game? Because we can. Plus they are fun to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

They don't really drop anything except a really low chance at a low quality epic. I know there's an achievment for killing all of them, and a weekly quest for a little gold and VP, but is that really their only purpose? The rewards just seem very meager, and barely even worth it.

I just don't see any real motivation to summon them, and I'm having a hard time understanding what the point of them is. What was Blizzard's intent?

They're a somewhat major feature of the Isle of Thunder, but they don't really do anything...
    I was thinking about this earlier. I really can't figure out what the point is either.

For the amount of effort it take to get a group together and summon/defeat all the enemies to complete the weekly quest, the rewards are non-existant. Why go through all that trouble when a handful of dailies gives the same reward.

I've been just holding onto all my stones, will do all of them once for the achievement, but after that... no thanks.

Deleted
    just did them with a 5 man guildy group today after raid-night. It's 3 mini bosses like a hc dungeon, but it takes half the time to do and you get 150 valor and shadowpan assault rep that you otherwise only get by killing bosses in ToT. Afterwards we did it on a group of alts again i mean why not.

So faster valor then running hc's and you get raid rep, win win if you have an easy group.

I feel like there should maybe have been some tokens to earn from killing them, that could be spent on novelty items or something.

Just to give them some purpose other than being fodder for a hollow weekly quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done any of them yet, but here is why I'll go for them even after the achievement:

Golden Dragons. In my mind, that is Blizzard's way of telling me (the player) that "This sonuvamurloc thinks he's better than you!", and my long-lasting knee-jerk reaction to that will always be "Time to die, byetch!". If I like the fight, I'll put that NPC on my personal hitlist, and go on killing him/her/it whenever I can.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

It's just a little optional feature/challenge for some people.

Not everything has to have a "point". Sometimes game elements are intrinsically enjoyable. I personally don't enjoy these things, so I don't go out of my way to gather stones, but when I have some it's worth the time to group up for 3 quick kills and get my 150 VP.

I'm sure for every one person like me there's 10 idiots who frantically collect stones and religiously do the quest every week only to complain about being "forced to do it".

Deleted
    I think its just another way to get valor. A weekly quest that takes 10mins and gives 150 valor isn't that bad if you have the stones

a little vp? It's 150. That's almost twice the amount from a heroic dungeon in half the time.

some things are just added for flavor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Its the only way to get shado pan rep except if your lucky with commendations or if you do ToT

But for 300 rep seems kinda pointless to do

Well, it's pretty darn easy getting 3 stones in one week, so... It's probably the easiest 150 VP there is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Its the only way to get shado pan rep except if your lucky with commendations or if you do ToT

But for 300 rep seems kinda pointless to do
    dont the comendations drop off the warbringers not the shanze stone guys?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier. I really can't figure out what the point is either.
    Same, actually.

I just think Blizzard should offer much better rewards than a guaranteed Green dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dont the comendations drop off the warbringers not the shanze stone guys?
    They have a chance to be contained in those sunreaver bounty boxes or arcane troves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Same Logic can be applied to every single mob in the game. (Raid mobs, and boss's too)
    Sounds like you need to take a break from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Same Logic can be applied to every single mob in the game. (Raid mobs, and boss's too)
    Sounds like you need to take a break from the game.
    I can understand his logic when the isle came out everyone wanted to kill them bosses

now i cant find anyone who wants to do them people think they are the bosses that drop the mount and when i tell them they dont they are like what do we get then and i say some rep and one of those keys and they are like fuck this and drop group

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Same, actually.

I just think Blizzard should offer much better rewards than a guaranteed Green dropping.
    eh i dont mind it the only thing i dont like is that one of them is bugged and you dont get achievement credit (incomplete drakkari collossus)

some things are added just based off them thinking they are cool

Because it's fun? Do you need a better reason?

Why must there be a reward attached to everything? Why can't we kill them because we can?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing