Using old raids to learn your talent tree. (as a noob)

I'm doing this to get the T8 set.

New Warlock here, started playing in February from lvl 1. Have knowledge of game encounters from various other classes.

I tried to solo Ulduar 10 last week and it was a fun experience. I did succeed but I found myself swapping out talents a few times in order to be able to succeed for specific encounters.

I play strictly Aff and didn't wish to change spec for anything (learning aff was tough)

There is a thread here about some guy who did all Ulduar 10 on HM back in Dec as various specs.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

That thread is pretty much what motivated me to attempt the encounters. (yes he is doing HM, I am aware)

Anyway, in the first week I spent many times wiping, mostly at Thorim. That took me 6 hours to get to grips with. But I returned this week and the kill took just a few attempts. I learned pet control (actually moved my pet bars to make things more accessible).

In the first week I did every boss no prob, but then I got to Yogg. After another 6 hours or so of messing up I finally got it down. Normal 10. 4 keepers.

This week I tried Ulduar again and was determined to improve, specifically on Yogg, although anything else would be great. Thorim proved a headache but this time only for an hour because I forgot to swap talents, forgot to set pet passive and basic stuff.

I managed Mimiron Hard Mode which was basically just make sure everything dies at the same time, kind of meh, but still I'm happy.

Anyway I got to Yogg and decided to try with 2 keepers (Freya for Sanity and Thorim for Immortals) and after some switching around, and 3 hours of attempts I finally managed to get it down.

I had to use Dark regen and Sac Pact, but it took me many attempts to figure that out and the whole experience really made me look at my options.

I absolutely love warlocks right now but I think people see these 'I did this/I did that threads' without trying for themselves.

Next week I'll probably lose Freya as I think I can handle the Sanity (although its RNG of placement of the pink eyes in the phase)

I actually did something similar to this, on my alt warlock (473 ilvl) I decided to do ulduar 10, full hard mode. I knew my main warlock could breeze through it but I wanted the challenge (plus I miss the satisfaction of mass achievement spam :P). The only fight that I had any difficulty with was yogg 0. The RNG on stuns/grips/slows/etc made it excruciating. By the time I finally got it down I had phase one to the point that I would run in and pop 4 clouds immediately, and as those popped out I would pop 2 more and get to P2 within a minute. It's fun to mess around with stuff like this just to see what you yourself can do.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki