Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
    Any particulr Silverstone or Fractal Design you are partial to?
    like many others, the Silverstone FT02

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    But you can easily get a window mod for bit of extra, yes more money down the drain (unless you are a craftsman and do it your self). The room is big and the case itself much more practical (hinges on the side doors, sliding front panels) it is much more then just a box compared to 900D. That said, 900Ds bottom bay is just flawless for fan-train ^^

But at the end of the day it comes down to preference.
    Doesn't the Cosmos 2 have bowed (curved) door panels? A DIY window would be an absolute pain in the derrière.

If you want a mid-tower, get a Fractal Design R4 or Arc midi v2, if you want a full tower a Silverstone FT02 or Corsair 900D (when it gets released).

10+ Year Old Account
    i had a cosmos2 for a while, i got rid of it, it's not as cool as the original cosmos, and way too expensive for it's lack of features and build quality, it should be avoided

I think the OP already made his choice considering he opened a new thread "600t + H100i".

10+ Year Old Account
    600t is not a bad choice, my only grip is the built in fan controller, it something i believe should be left up to software

If you don't want to build your own then I would go with Ironside I have one and the hardware in it cost nearly what it would have if I built it myself ...they have great customer service the only thing is that like one day I got a notice that my order was being assembled and then it took another 2 weeks for it to ship ...so almost a month to get it from when I ordered it ...but its a great computer and after 5 months no problems :-)

I could have built my own but I was a little timid to screw something up with all the expensive parts ....but nice thing with ironside is they will send you a video of your computer working before they ship it ....and they pack the things REALLY good .
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2013-03-26 at 06:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    600t is not a bad choice, my only grip is the built in fan controller, it something i believe should be left up to software
    Reading up i agree with the fan controller being weak. Also no way to turn off LED fans is a downside. Like the looks. Easy access. And it seems easy to work with from what i read. That said. I am probably still 1+ month away from even ordering or buying. Things can change w.r.t the case. Might have gone 650D if it came in white.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    If you don't want to build your own then I would go with Ironside I have one and the hardware in it cost nearly what it would have if I built it myself ...they have great customer service the only thing is that like one day I got a notice that my order was being assembled and then it took another 2 weeks for it to ship ...so almost a month to get it from when I ordered it ...but its a great computer and after 5 months no problems :-)
    I could have built my own but I was a little timid to screw something up with all the expensive parts ....but nice thing with ironside is they will send you a video of your computer working before they ship it ....and they pack the things REALLY good .
    I tackle lots of things around the house. Carpentry. Plumbing. Electrical. Small appliance repair depending on the problem. I am sure that i could build a system. Just that i wont get any personal satisfaction from it. So built quality and extra warranty are worth something to me. But i need to be reasonable on what premium i am willing to pay.

Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions. Been a huge help.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new somewhat scaled down view.
    its less than $200 off from the ironsidecomputer markup. They include a 3year parts/labor warranty and lifetime support.
    i can add the raid1 myself, same for the H100i if I wanted. I included the H80i below since a Asetek 550LC is included for free.
    so i could just take that out and resell it.

All in all, I think it will suit my needs, and offer flexibility to do more should I need it. Not sure if the 650w PS will handle another gtx670
    or not should I ever go that route. Some sites suggest yes, some suggest no.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MAo1
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MAo1/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MAo1/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.98 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($273.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($219.99 @ Mac Mall)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($379.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Case ($161.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG BH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($76.21 @ NCIX US)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1767.09
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-27 13:46 EDT-0400)