You can't buy useful gear with JP. Oh wait you can. And it comes with free PvP stats.

Honestly, I don't understand this. Why can't you buy a full 476 off-set with JP.

Because, you can, anyway. You just have to buy the version that costs 30% more and has added PvP stats.

Unless you're a shield tank, but of course, you signed up for a life of gearing misery when you did that anyway.

What are the people at Blizzard thinking? You grind JP, exchange them for honor, buy raid finder gear with a gob of extra PvP stats on it. This is how you gear your alts. Or, you grind honor, et cetera.

Why does this make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    I don't think it's that bad.
    But why can't we just buy 476 PvE gear from a vendor?

You can't get a previous tier off set to combat the RNG gods from a vendor, except, you can change your JP (which buys awesome 458 gear that's inferior to everything that drops everywhere) to honor, and check it out, there is 476 gear that has proper PvE stats on it along with a gob of PvP stats that aren't included in the ilevel budget.

What would go wrong if there was a 476 PvE JP vendor? Would people see it and unsubscribe immediately?

Once again, there is this weird crossover between PvE and PvP gear.

should make it so you get loot from lfr twice a week one for each spec. it will be horrible if you change your mind. it will bite more ass in later patches

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can get some nice gear with JP to at the old vendors of factions.

And nothing goes wrong, since 476 is really low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Unless you're a shield tank, but of course, you signed up for a life of gearing misery when you did that anyway.
    Hear hear.
    Never a single shield from Spirit Kings. Not from normal mode, not from heroic, not frmo LFR, not from spending friggin gold coins...

And now in Throne of Thunder, still using my heroic blue shield, and the first boss to drop one is the friggin 8th boss in there, unless getting lucky and receiving one from trash.

Sadface.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Pretty sure you can get some nice gear with JP to at the old vendors of factions.

And nothing goes wrong, since 476 is really low.
    5.0 and 5.1 VP gear is still VP gear (and still require the rep). 5.0 VP gear cost 50% less VP and the 5.1 stuff is 25% less VP now though.
    JP will still only buy you 458 gear, which is worse than the 463 gear you get killing the bosses in heroic 5 mans which give you the JP in the first place.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Yep, did dungeons on my rogue, all JP went into Honor to buy rings/neck and any other pieces i didn't manage to upgrade before going into LFR.