Deleted

Another DWvs2H Frost DK Thread

Hello everyone,

First of all, excuse me for bringing once again such a thread on the surface. I know it has been talked a lot, but i just dont seem to get the right answer. Let me explain.

I'm a big fan of frost DW. It's the only thing i enjoy on my dk actually. Patch 5.2 is here and i can see a few changes on stats prio etc ( after searching a few fansites).

1. Most of them put haste>mastery, while before 5.2 it was the exact opposite. So, should i start gemming and forging haste?

2. What is wrong with every plate/weapon item on ToT having crit on? Looks like most of them are not even made for this class, even more for DW. Feels like i can't get a decent upgrade on the items i have, only a few exceptions ofc.

3. Should i change into 2H? I don't enjoy it that much, but a lot of friends test it and tell me its doing a lot better dps in general.

Finally, is it worth to spend VP on Brutal Talisman of the shado pan assault? Reached Valor cap and have nothing else to spend it on.

Thanks for taking the time to read it, hope i can get some answers and clear this out. Cheers.

1. No. Mastery>haste for DW
    2. There are plenty of items without crit. MSV had 0 plate DPS items WITH crit.
    3. Yes. It's superior single target. Unholy is better sustained AoE than 2H Frost or DW.
    4. Yes. Buy the Shadopan Rep trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    3. Yes. It's superior single target. Unholy is better sustained AoE than 2H Frost or DW.

Basically this. Shado-pan trinket is awesome if you can work in the expertise and stay reasonably close to the soft cap.

Dw and 2h frost play very differently so it is hard to say which will yield more dps. I tried 2h frost with a comparable weapon and was lagging behind my dw frost numbers by 10-15% but the specs play very differently and the dps loss could easily by attributed to player experience. Going entirely by logs 2h frost outperforms dw in most cases. I'm very inexperienced with unholy but I've seen quite a few parses where unholy is topping 2h/dw frost by a decent margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post

Put my thoughts in bold within Dossou's reply.

Assuming ability to play both playstyles to a high degree, higher DPS is generally dictated by whichever you have better weapons for.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Thanks for your replies. I have decided to give 2h frost a shot, since i have the sha touched axe. I did another small research and saw that most ppl go haste>crit>mastery on 2h. Is that the correct order for this spec?

Yes it is.
    Still i think you should play what you enjoy the most. Playing a spec just because "it's better" and not because you enjoy it usually gets people frustrated.
    Have fun!

I'm pretty sure the only difference is:

DW: Mastery > Haste. Frost Strike > Obliterate for KM procs
    2H: Haste > Mastery. Obliterate > Frost Strike for KM procs