Deleted

staff or main+offhand for caster

hello guys, i'm not sure about what to chose.

after i did some math i figured out that the staff's stats are higher than on the main+off. The staff gives even 100 more pvpresi but less ~140 int if you calculate with the offhandenchant.

now my question is wether its still better to take main+offhand as dps in pvp?

(hope you understand because english isnt my mother language)

greetings

EDIT:
    here the stats for the Staff in comparison with the main+offhand:
    +26 stamina
    -148int (if 165int offhandenchant)
    +11 crit
    +113 resilience
    +3 spellpower
    +2 pvp power

so actually you only need to decide wether res or int is more important to you... i guess int is a better choice is it?

(i've posted in the mage subforum but i didnt get any useful answers there, i just want to know wether resi is more important or the int. Maybe it just depends on what comp you play...any suggestions?)

Deleted
    unless your trying to be super competitive, take what looks best. 1h/oh is best in most cases. but big ass staff>some weedy dagger

Deleted
    From a mage point of view, I'd rather go with MH+OH than staff, specially if you play rbgs where you have more room for casting. The stats you gain from using a staff only are insignificant...

Nearly everyone goes for MH/OH because previously having the offhand enchant always made it better. 165 int vs 113 resi, i'd probably still go MH/OH although there is so little in it i'd probably just go for whatever looks better (or whatever you want to transmog too).

Deleted
    So the 113 Res arent worth going for staff? If it is like Zero difference between staff and onehand i would go for onehand (just because theres finally a sword)
    Thanks for helping

Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    So the 113 Res arent worth going for staff? If it is like Zero difference between staff and onehand i would go for onehand (just because theres finally a sword)
    Thanks for helping
    Nah, most people treat Res as a main stat. 165 int vs 113 resi + 26 stam means the MH/OH pulls ahead, but only just.

you get more stats with a 1h/OH - you can enchant the main hand and the offhand with more int.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can stomp totems faster with MH/OH

EDIT: now that I think about it, most totems worth killing have more than 5hp so /shrug

In the past I would always take MH/OH to kill windfury totems as fast as possible
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.