Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Double Death Grip

Dunno wtf happened to my other post on this but here is the short version.....

Anyone experienced being double death gripped by the same DK? In arena I fought an unholy DK and when even i swapped to his healer the Dk would run away, DG me and continue to run and then DG me again about a half second later which pulled me another 5-10 yards away from his healer. This was particularly annoying because he could effectively wrap me around a corner by doing this. The first grip was would get me to the corner, the 2nd grip would pull me around the corner and completely LOS of his healer.

Don't know if this is a bug or exploit, or if blizzard actually thought this was a good idea and made it legit (which honestly wouldn't shock me in the least, given the moronic things they've done already in this game).

Deleted
    It's 4 set bonus

One is a DG the other is Gorfiends Grasp targeting the DK.

Edit: After reading Rebis post and checking the set bonus its seems I was wrong
    "4 pieces: For 3 sec after casting Death Grip, you may cast the spell a second time without regard for its cooldown."
    Last edited by kcsaenz; 2013-03-21 at 12:56 PM.

I think you'll find it's the pvp set bonus for dk to deathgrip twice in succession.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is DK PvP 4-piece set bonus.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=131542
    For 3 sec after casting Death Grip, you may cast the spell a second time without regard for its cooldown.
    Old Gods made me do it.

PvP setbonus after the first gripe you have a 3 sec window to gripe an second time.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Don't really care for the route blizzard is taking giving every melee 150% up time. They know not everyone plays a frost mage right?

Deleted
    That's why you play 3s and you have wide selection of comps

Deleted
    It's a bad change that promotes bad play, as easy as that. "What you froze your target and couldn't grip it? Don't worry now because you can grip twice!" "You are a successfull DK, but those nasty shamans keep grounding your grip? We might just have the solution for you!"

It's dumb as all hell from a shaman PoV. You pull out some sick skill move and ground the DG but nono Mr. Hero class dun care he'll just DG u again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    It's dumb as all hell from a shaman PoV. You pull out some sick skill move and ground the DG but nono Mr. Hero class dun care he'll just DG u again!
    Honestly dude, every time you use the phrase "hero class" as an argument, it doesn't exactly make you argument more valid.
    It just makes you seem angry and noobish.

Lighten up a bit hah, its just a game.

And its not like its particularly broken. Please check all the other set bonuses of classes, before whining about something like this.

Game = dont be mad bro!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know how you feel bro, i've been playing a Shaman for too long too and it's always the same s**t.

Instead of people paying for their mistakes Blizzard gives them 2nd and 3rd chance because GOD FORBID you outplay the Hero class!

Deleted
    Hahaha that set bonus is frikken preposterous! Poor shamans and everyone else who don't have huntard or frostmage escape abilities.

As a Mage you can CS him after you blinked the 1st DG to prevent the second, but I don't know shaman very well so I don't know what class mechanic you would use.

No argument that its a handy set bonus, thats for sure.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What quite a lot of you probably don't know is that they can grip you 3, no really THREE times especially as a shaman in 2 globals. Here's a scenario that happens to me 90% of the time vs DK's as a Shaman:

- Dk grips me => i throw earthbind or bof windwalker totem and try to run away as frostwolf and right before i distance myself more than 5 yards i throw quickly a grounding totem.
    - Dk grips me AGAIN (4 set bonus) and here i was like fk yeah i outplayed him, my grounding saved me! Dk grips me again for the 3rd time (grip glyph, that basically says that if the target is immune to grip, the CD is instantly reset!) => i try to rocket jump / stomp / whatever racial to get as far away as possible again.

So i can only run away from the vomiting damage of a Dk every 2 mins (while Dk grips me every 25 sec? correct me if I'm wrong) i have a racial because he's not playing alone ofc and there's usually a rogue/hunter/warr/monk with him making sure that not even every 2 mins i can get away.

Totally unbalanced,100% forgiving and noob friendly class unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    shaman is the strongest healer now, you shouldn't be complaining

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komamuris View Post
    I know how you feel bro, i've been playing a Shaman for too long too and it's always the same s**t.

Instead of people paying for their mistakes Blizzard gives them 2nd and 3rd chance because GOD FORBID you outplay the Hero class!
    Problably cos DKs have DG as only gap closer and it is on a 25s cd. If it were to be nullified so easily they would not get enough uptime.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Problably cos DKs have DG as only gap closer and it is on a 25s cd. If it were to be nullified so easily they would not get enough uptime.
    Not really, They've got Gorefiend's Grasp, too. They could potentially DG you twice, and then GG on themselves to pull you to them a third time.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Are you seriously trying to justify 3 x DG right now, cuz I'm about to start laughing really hard...

Let's see...
    - Together with paladins the only 2 classes that run passively faster than any other class in the game (hello death's advance!)
    - Stun immunity, magic immunity fear immunity 1 extra trinket every 2 mins....
    - Almost spamable immobilizing ability, not SLOW .... immobilize...

And yet you try to justify TRIPLE death grip? rofl

Are we neglecting the fact that dks have a 30 yard snare, and can choose between a root on that snare or a 30yard 5 second stun? I would hardly say dk's need double dg in order to have respectable uptime. Double dg would be better balanced as a glyph or talent option that also increases the over all cd or reduces range to keep it inline.