Deleted

New Monitor help

Parts have started arriving for my new PC build and just as luck would have it... My second monitor died... It was a 7 year old analog 19 inch HCT pos so i am not that sad. I am going to turn my Westinghouse 22 inch into my second monitor and am now looking to order a new "Main" Monitor. I plan to order in the next 48 hrs so feed back is appreciated.

Wants:
    Under $200.00 With Shipping if possible (not much wiggle room here)
    22-24 inch display (slightly larger may be ok but no smaller)
    Full HD/1080p
    2-3 ms
    Duel/Multi Voltage (i Currently live over seas so 220 power however we will being moving back to the states in about 2 years so 110 is needed)
    Built in speakers are not needed so not a deciding factor one way or the other
    Would LOVE it to have height adjustment but not a deal breaker as long as there is tilt

Thanks in advance!!!!

Deleted
    This was my top choice before posting, Glad it was linked first lol...

Deleted
    ASUS VS239H-P ($170, free shipping) if you're interested in getting an IPS (e-IPS) display, which I'd recommend unless you're mainly doing fast paced FPS shooters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    ASUS VS239H-P ($170, free shipping) if you're interested in getting an IPS (e-IPS) display, which I'd recommend unless you're mainly doing fast paced FPS shooters.
    The 239 is $175 on Amazon, 5MS and 23 inch for 15 bucks more i can get the 248 which is 2ms and an inch bigger. Everything else about the 2 seem the same... Am i missing something?
    I mainly play wow but i am also planning to get Arma 3 and either Farcry 3 or BF3 if any of that matters.

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel
    http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides...anel-types.php

Advantages

IPS panels display consistent and accurate color from all viewing angles.
    Unlike TN LCDs, IPS panels do not lighten or show tailing when touched. This is important for touchscreen devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
    IPS panels can process high speed signals without data loss by using copper wiring with low resistance values.
    IPS Panels offer clear images and stable response time.

Disadvantages

IPS panels have slower response times and are therefore more prone to the ghosting effect.
    IPS panels require up to 15% more power consumption than TN displays.
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/underst...ogy-explained/

You can Google search for more/better explanations but basically it's better image quality and viewing angles.

10+ Year Old Account
    here's a noob question. until recently I've not ever heard of a mini display port. Searching it seems like an Apple thing. If most graphics cards have a DVI and an HDMI and 1 or 2 miniDisplay ports. For a dual monitor setup (non-apple) do you just use the DVI and HDMI?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
    here's a noob question. until recently I've not ever heard of a mini display port. Searching it seems like an Apple thing. If most graphics cards have a DVI and an HDMI and 1 or 2 miniDisplay ports. For a dual monitor setup (non-apple) do you just use the DVI and HDMI?
    Yea, you can use any combination you need. I will be using the HDMI for my main Monitor and the DVI for my secondary non HD monitor.