Problem with Oondasta Loot

There is a problem with the loot from this boss and here it is....This boss is hard enough that to be killed the way its supposed to be killed you need mostly ilvl 522 gear. When people are wearing mostly 522 gear they also want to be wearing t15 in Helm, Chest, Legs, Gloves, and Shoulders slot. Most classes are even wearing 2 pc t14 mixed with t15 until they get 4pc due to really good set bonuses. But my point of this thread is that Oondasta should only drop necks, rings, belts, bracers, cloaks, and boots. That way they the loot is actually useful to the players who are able to kill him the "right" way. As of right now I am only interested on the "graveyard zerg groups" with my bad geared alts to try and get some 522 ilvl gear, because my main can not break his 4 piece t14 until I get 2 pc tier 15. I realize that there is an off set piece for all classes. But there is only a couple of classes that have their off set piece drop from this boss and I feel sorry for the ones that do because I'm just happy to get loot when I kill him.....I couldn't imagine trying to farm one certain piece!

10+ Year Old Account
    its the same in normal/heroic raids. you farm those bosses for ONE piece also. Big Oonie can have a BiS for normal mode raiders, just like Galleon had for some classes. its just something different. its fun being out in the world with a bunch of friends with little pressure of progression raiding. if Big Oonie dropped heroic items.. well that might be a different story then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I have killed Oonda on my main twice now. The squishy rogue that he is only has ilvl 495 avg (was less in fact when the kills happened) and both times were done with a few wipes, but all done in the crater...no GY noobness. So no, he should drop all the gear he does now, as like with many things in Mists, it is additional to the regular raiding drops, not instead of.

The problem this creates is the only people that its worth killing this boss the "right way" is for people that have their BIS normal from him and he drops waaaay more drops for a single person then any normal raid. This wouldn't be a problem if the loot system took into account the items you already received from the boss and didn't give you the same one again. Basically what I'm getting at is most raiders where only interested in Galleon very early on when they didn't have their tier yet. once they had mostly normal mode gear they started bringing their bad geared alts to Galleon, which was fine because he was easy. So either the difficulty of Oondasta needs to come down or loot needs to be better in my opinion. Most of the people in my guild agreed with me....So is my guild's general opinion different from most of the people in this forum community?

10+ Year Old Account
    yah. im gonna say it is different. i love the Big Oonie fight. its funny. simple mechanics that one shot people that cant manage them successfully. his rewards are fine. and people will be farming him constantly throughout this tier. as more progressed guilds/raiders switch from trying to gear their mains to alts, he will still be a sought after world boss. and he will still be funny to watch and do with friends and guildies of my own even months from now
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-03-21 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.