Thread: Elvui Chat Help

10+ Year Old Account

Elvui Chat Help

Hello Guys, I've recently downloaded Affinity's UI and got this error in the chat box of the UI, and the Datatext its just gone, the Chat frame can be moved but it doesnt work whatsoever, I just want it to be appear as it was before... Please find Attached the two ss, the first one with the Error, and the 2nd one with the bar that I'm looking for....

This is the Faulty one without the (durability and the Spell power thing)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...dyerrorui.jpg/

This is the one that I want (With the durability and the skada and weak auras)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/huertillo.jpg/

Can someone help me?

Deleted
    Did the problem appear when you installed Shadow and Light? Never seen that error before but try disabling Shadow and Light and see if that fixes it (I have no problem with S&L so I doubt it''s that). You could also try saving your profile and go through the whole install process for ElvUI again and then go back to your profile. During this install process you can also choose if you want Affinitii's current UI which looks a bit different from what you have, so I'm not sure if that's what you want. Hope this helps, not sure what the cause of the problem is though.

I don't see an error just a statement that you will have to disable your current ui if you were to want to go back to the default Elvui. As for the other issue have you tried enabling the datatexts for both chat windows.

Did you follow my install guide? Looks like you have my old settings, you need to run the installer again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Did you follow my install guide? Looks like you have my old settings, you need to run the installer again.
    Yes I did follow your guide, I've tryed disabling the shadow and lights aswell, I actually went back to my back up wtf and interface folder but the problem and still persist, and I have enabled both data text chat windows but they don't seem to appear @@ they are like under the screen or something like that, It looks like Elvui things I have a bigger screen or something like that, and Ofc tryed with different resolutions but it doesn't seem to work @@

And yes I just want affiniti's UI... And then I just wanna add few things on my own, but I want to start from his UI

Ps: Also I always wanted to know how did affiniti managed to make the unit frames look like that, I have it cuz I copied his whole UI but without copying I can't do it, to look like double sides 1 with health and in the background apart from the health, the mana it looks quite nice but I don't know how to do it without copying his profile
    Last edited by Hiraishin; 2013-03-20 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
    Ps: Also I always wanted to know how did affiniti managed to make the unit frames look like that, I have it cuz I copied his whole UI but without copying I can't do it, to look like double sides 1 with health and in the background apart from the health, the mana it looks quite nice but I don't know how to do it without copying his profile
    Go to "power" and change the offset to more than 1.