Resto Horridon questions

Have a few questions about Horridon as a resto druid...

1. Anyone have any good advice as far as where to place the mushrooms? Such a big room and so much movement I'm struggling to make them effective

2. I was using symbiosis on a pally last night to get an extra cleanse, but the cleanse did not seem to be working removing the poison. My druid "cleanse" (natures cure or whatever its called) was working, but the one I got from symbiosis wasn't. Anyone experienced this?

3. In general, our group was struggling. Would get to 3rd door consistently but would get overwhelmed. Were doing a pretty good job of interrupting the poison and getting down adds, but it all seemed to be frantic and people all over the place. Anyone have any good general advice on stacking tips or things like that to help?

Thanks!!

You need to use the symbiosis button when you wanna use cleanse. Like if you symb a DK you use Icebound Fortitude.
    For the rest of it, I'm in the same boat. We made it to phase 2 once. And we're 2 healing it. Might have something to do with our raid being a bit undergeared. Average Ilvl is 495 I think. GL though. Shout at your raid to kill adds faster

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post

1. Anyone have any good advice as far as where to place the mushrooms? Such a big room and so much movement I'm struggling to make them effective

2. I was using symbiosis on a pally last night to get an extra cleanse, but the cleanse did not seem to be working removing the poison. My druid "cleanse" (natures cure or whatever its called) was working, but the one I got from symbiosis wasn't. Anyone experienced this?

3. In general, our group was struggling. Would get to 3rd door consistently but would get overwhelmed. Were doing a pretty good job of interrupting the poison and getting down adds, but it all seemed to be frantic and people all over the place. Anyone have any good general advice on stacking tips or things like that to help?

Thanks!!
    Mushrooms are hard to use there, and the answer where to put them depends only on your tactics, apart the first door you will do better without using it.
    Maybe in lat phase also. but 2nd 3rd and 4th door there is usually too much chaotic movement of your raid to have the time to place and charge them up.

for the general good tips you should check 33 pages of http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lt-500-ilvl%29

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post

Thanks!!
    1. Ive played with putting them in different spots, but the one that seemed to work the best was around the doors where Horridon charges, after the orb gets clicked. There is usually some mayhem around there. That said, I dont think Shrooms have ever added up to much in total heals on any pulls or kills I've done.

2. I also symbiosis a pally for this fight, and never had an issue with the cleanse not working. Perhaps your target was hovering around max range when you were casting it and your frames maybe didnt register fast enough?

3. People need to watch their feet, that is the biggest thing. Obviously there are ground aoe effects at each door, but the charges really need to be paid attention to as well. If the charge targets can orient themselves to keep most of the raid out of the both the front and tail swipes, it helps a lot. The charge ground visual can be hard to see sometimes as it is a little bit muted in colors compared to the ice/poison/etc. I would not recommend any specific stacking strategy during the add phases, its just asking for a an aoe effect to be dropped on a large number of people.

Keep in mind that the final phase, once war-god is down, is extremely simple to heal, so you can burn through mana a bit more aggressively knowing that the last 1-2 mins wont ask much of you as a healer (this is a good time for HoTW+wrath spam). Another tip, you can get a post-enrage kill since Horridon moves rather slowly. People need to stay out of charges and tail swipes, and he will one shot anyone, but he can be kited somewhat allowing dps to continue for quite a while past the enrage.

1. Mushrooms do not really add up to much healing this encounter, and are certainly not necessary. However, I usually plant them in front of the door (where we have our tank tank the adds) and bloom them if a void zone spawns on melee, thus causing damage to people relatively stacked up. Remember to pre-grow your mushrooms for the first door.

2. Cleanse from Symb works fine for me. Perhaps you were using it incorrectly. Like if you use mouse-over macro's for spells, and did not make a mouse-over macro for Cleanse after symbiosis'ing.

3. The fight more or less comes down to dispelling the raid and people avoiding void zones. Everything else is not really an issue. Look at your raid's damage taken from the various void zones and you'll probably spot your issue there.

Good Luck!

1. I generally place the mushrooms on the path we will be taking to the next door. During movement and when avoiding poison and iceballs they're nice to be able to pop. Final phase I put them where ranged/melee is stacking. Close enough to hit the tank too if possible.

2. I had troubel when symbiosising a paladin as well. It wasn't letting me cleanse through "Decursive" I had to use the button that symbiosis granted me.

3. We typically stack range between horridon and the next door, melee stacks on the door with the tank that's got the adds. We all move together, and on the poison and orb phases we move quickly and often.

Hope this helps!

i created a new bind thingo in vuhdo for the paladin cleanse. and it worked just fine

edit: i had to force vuhdo to show me diseases too

Appreciate all the feedback.

Hmm, not sure whats going on with my cleanse via symbiosis. How I've been doing it, is my vuhdo shows someone needs cleansed, then I alt click on them to make them my main target, then just use the standard "cleanse" button (that replaced the symbiosis button when i cast symbiosis). It shows an 8 sec CD when i first click it, then immediately just comes off CD and the person never gets cleansed. I'm tested and its definitely not a range issue, just not cleansing. Guess i'll have to put in a ticket

have you altered vuhdo to show you diseases also? in case you set it to only show you things you can dispel, it's not smart enough to realise you have cleanse from Symb.

the pally cleanse doesn't do magic. are you trying to dispel magic with the pally cleanse? it can do poison on the second door, and disease on the third door. not the magic (sunfire?) on the first door.

Deleted
    Stupid question - does Clense (with Symbiosis) and Naturs cure share same cd ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vinituu View Post
    Stupid question - does Clense (with Symbiosis) and Naturs cure share same cd ?
    No it doesnt, you can use both in the poison phase one after the other

1) Don't bother with mushrooms. If you want to place them around the first door or slightly after the first door towards the second before the fights start, go ahead. After the fights... dont bother.

2) Symbiosis a pally it does work. It is mana intensive. If you have a monk that can do their raid wide over powered mass dispell + heal ability after the second door, that helps a lot.

3) If you are running with other healers that can't dispel as much, make sure they know to pick up the slack in healing while you spend mana on dispells. Always prioritize the high stacks. If someone has just 1 stack of poison or disease, I tend to sometimes just let it run. By the time I finish dispelling the 3+ stacks ppl, there is not much time left anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    have you altered vuhdo to show you diseases also? in case you set it to only show you things you can dispel, it's not smart enough to realise you have cleanse from Symb.

the pally cleanse doesn't do magic. are you trying to dispel magic with the pally cleanse? it can do poison on the second door, and disease on the third door. not the magic (sunfire?) on the first door.
    asharia, thanks for the tips, and you might be right. I'm actually seeing when they need cleansed from my decursive, but i think i've only tried it on the effect from the first door. i'll have to try it on the poison from 2nd door tonight. I was also assuming it didn't work just becuase when i'd cast it, it would immediately be back off CD..but maybe it only really lets you cast it if the target is actually cleansable. Thanks again!!